recommended edge bevel for Atomic Powder Plus?

silly question I know....I usually could care less about having sharp edges on a dedicated powder ski, but I just found a pair of dirt cheap Powder Pluses that are in great shape except it looks like they've been sitting in a damp garage for a few years and the edges are covered in rust.
    Before I just start sanding and filing away at the rust, I figured I'd see if anyone can recommend what base and sidewall bevel angles are best for these boards.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Bud; 11-14-2008 at 11:59 AM.

If I recall correctly, Atomic race skis are typically tuned 3 degrees on the side edge, .5 on the base edge. I don't know about pow skis though. A 2 degree bevel on the side, 1 degree bevel on the base would probably be fine if these are just going to be your rock ski...

It doesn't matter, just do minimal angles to preserve edges and go ski some pow. These are not race skis.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    silly question I know....I usually could care less about having sharp edges on a dedicated powder ski, but I just found a pair of dirt cheap Powder Pluses that are in great shape except it looks like they've been sitting in a damp garage for a few years and the edges are covered in rust.
    Before I just start sanding and filing away at the rust, I figured I'd see if anyone can recommend what base and sidewall bevel angles are best for these boards.
    thanks.
    They came out of the box with a 2 degree side/1 degree bottom bevels. I ski all Atomics 3 degrees on the side and one on the bottom.

If you want to save the edges, best bet is to go 2/1 - as they were when new. Otherwise you will be taking down more edge than necessary to get to a new bevel config.

this is your chance to go with a 1.5 or 2 degree base bevel...

once I went there about 8 years ago there was no going back.