Thread: Wading shoes

Wading shoes

I wear a 10.5 US mens'. Do I pretty much have to get an 11 or 12 to walk around comfortably with my neoprene stocking feet? I've been using my slightly too large hiking boots, and the fit is still uncomfortably tight.

I was thinking about the Korkers Torrents, but if I want to wear them in the summer for the felt sole, do I have to wear a neoprene sock to take up the slop?

My CV's came with two sets of foot beds 2mm and a 6mm to take a the slop in the summer. I think I went up one size from my street shoe size.. They are nice and snug w/ waders and a little roomy in the summer....

So I guess I'm no help.

Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

It depends on the make of the boot. I had a pair of Orvis wading boots that I needed to get a size 11.5 in and my Chota's are a size 10.5. I'm a standard 10 in a normal shoe. I would see if you could try some on before ordering. There's nothing worse than a pair of wading boots that are too tight.

Yep, sure it be.
    "Pffffft, Please."
    Never, EVER, give them permission to enter your vehicle, the dogs are not coming.

I go with size 12 shoes and size 12 boots I wear cloudveils...
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Sims are designed to accomodate 2mm neoprene, so you dont have to size up.

I have two pair of Orvis and both I bought in my street shoe size and fit great. Most mfg allow for you're stocking footies to fit, but if there's a shop around I'd head in and try them on to be sure. Then buy them from your local fly shop because his business is in the shit with the current situation and a Cabelas moving in right down the street(can be Bass Pro or other big box)he needs all the help he can get. I'm down to ONE local fly shop and to get there I pass one Cabelas, a Bass Pro that's being built, and a half a dozen Gander Mtns. I still try and make the effort whenever possible. The two times I've shopped at the Cabelas I got "helped" by some guy who thought he was on the Pro Bass tour and I'm sure had never even seen a picture of a trout.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...