Talking Congratulations Owens !!!!

That's awesome news about your new entrepreneurial venture. I wish you great success and hope to sample the goods personally one of these days soon...

"When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thumbs up

if I ever go heli-skiing, my company is now chosen.

all the best C.O. !

Thank you Gentlemen! I hope to see you both for bottomless fluff and bluebird skies!
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Talking

Hey man,
    Looks like a big old low pressure system is bearing down on AK as I type --- hope that's a good thing for you.
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Congratulations & good luck.

What's the flight times from europe?

cheers and congrats again... you are livin the high life, hope to cross paths someday...

Thumbs up

schhhhaWING!

Yeah thats awsome much luck to you in the new business. How much would it cost for some mags/minions to come up this year?

[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: matchstickid ]
    Sleep now in the fire

I hope you still have time to keep this board up and running - especially when the other board is down.

Congratulations and good luck.

way to sack it up w/ some serious courage, big guy!

we were just talking here at work, and saying that the guy who owns the world (in trading at least) is the one w/ the biggest bollocks. well my friend, you certainly have proven to have some big bollocks!
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

Can we get some details?

truth, if we gave you details, it wouldn't be a secret now would it.

Originally posted by truth:
    <STRONG>Can we get some details?</STRONG>
    PRESS RELEASE

September 26, 2003
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Chris Owens , (owens@chugachpowderguides.com)
    Mike Overcast (mike@chugachpowderguides.com)

Girdwood based Chugach Powder Guides takes on a new partner and merges with Class V Whitewater.

As of September, 2003 Anchorage businessman Chris Owens has joined the team of Chugach Powder Guides as an ownership partner and manager. Founders Mike Overcast and Dave Hamre still remain partners in the organization while former partner Dave Marshall has chosen to pursue other interests. While Marshall is no longer an owner or manager of the organization, Chugach Powder Guides plans to utilize Marshall’s experience and expertise on a consulting basis in the future. Chris Owens has been working as a marketing service provider with Chugach Powder Guides for approximately five years and brings a much desired level of business and marketing experience to the company. Owens has worked with other heliskiing operations and the Wyoming based ski film company Teton Gravity Research from a marketing perspective since 1996.

As part of the restructuring of the company, Chugach Powder Guides will merge with Class V Whitewater, the popular Girdwood based rafting and excursion company. Originally founded by Mike Overcast and Olympic gold medalist Tommy Moe, Class V has made its name with renowned whitewater trips on Alaska’s Sixmile River and popular train serviced floats at Spencer Glacier and on the Placer River. The two companies will operate as DBA’s under the parent company Chugach Adventure Guides, LLC. The merging of the two companies will provide for cross market outreach opportunities, an added level of stability for guides, staff and clients as well as a variety of other synergies.

About Chugach Powder Guides:
    Operating under permit with the Chugach National Forest, Chugach Powder Guides provides helicopter and snowcat supported backcountry ski and snowboard guide services from their base in Girdwood, Alaska. The company provides daily excursions as well as six and eight day destination ski and snowboard packages providing lodging at the four diamond Alyeska Prince hotel. The outfit's "Kings and Corn" package has gained notoriety for it's extravagant big mountain summer corn snow skiing and helicopter supported king salmon fishing adventures. For more information on Chugach Powder Guides, please visit http://www.chugachpowderguides.com.
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

owens,
    if our suden influx causes problems let us know. Also you have been the perfect moderator 7 if ya need help we can think of a few people who may have toomuch time on their hands that live in CO & WA&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

No problems for me. Knock yourselves out. I kinda like our history (Having hand built it and all) so I think I'll keep it. This site is a total labor of love and I will continue to treat it as such.

Make it your primary residence or use me as your bitch -- I'm easy to please.

Originally posted by Owens Never Sleeps:
    <STRONG>

Make it your primary residence or use me as your bitch -- I'm easy to please.</STRONG>

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

So is "Overcast" a good name for a heli guy?

Sign me,

Just Wondering.