Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Helluva good day today. Our last day as tour guides - wife & I took brother-in-law and friend to Four Pines & Mile Long. Both were spectacular, as was the weather.

'Twas great today, for sure.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Helluva good day today. Our last day as tour guides - wife & I took brother-in-law and friend to Four Pines & Mile Long. Both were spectacular, as was the weather.
    I figured that was you in the tram line this am. Saw the LP's and 188's on either side of a good looking woman rockin' W105's. Barely caught a glimpse of the BRO's as the line was moving. The LP's did the trick today.

It was good today.

red jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    'Twas great today, for sure.

Indeed it was my man. Thanks for all the local beta this week. We went to the Knotty last night, and car camped in the lot behind it. No hassles....perfect.

Bluebird all day and the goods were soft. In a hurry to first chair, I was hauling ass up the road to the mountain and my Suby got a bit sassy and decided to kiss the guard rail a little bit. Nice little shiner on the front bumper.....all in a days work I guess.
    Jam on.

today did not suck at all.... spacewalk, rock springs, endless, cody, mangy moose and called it a day. got dicks ditch tomorrow...course looked fun with some large jumps at the bottom...glad im running later after it softens up
    Bonfire Films

Quote Originally Posted by Fat City View Post
    Indeed it was my man. Thanks for all the local beta this week. We went to the Knotty last night, and car camped in the lot behind it. No hassles....perfect.

How was the show?
    Drove by ~9:30...looked like a solid turnout.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Go git it. Cuz the short term forecast sez the next one will come in even warmer and snow/rain line could go to 10,000 ft to kick off the storm cycle. Mary's/Peaked was closed yesterday, looked mighty fine indeed.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-28-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How was the show?
    Drove by ~9:30...looked like a solid turnout.
    The show was bitchin!! Great crowd and energy, especially for a Thursday night. Those guys always put on the best show and play up til the very end of the night. Bryce is super cool too.

Good advice on the Wildlife Brewery and not heading to Grand Teton. We went there on our way back home on Saturday and it wasn't what I expected at all. A very small tasing room with no food was what we found, but I guess that's not why you go there, eh? Got a fat growler of Sweetgrass for the road and all was well.
    Hope to catch ya on the bump one of these days. Jam on.

Pattyowe- great course this year, huh? What category are you racing? I'm #106. Good luck.

Edit- hah! I think I just used my incredible brain to realize who you are...and you are faster than me! I think you'll be racing right after me. See ya tomorrow, best of luck.
    Last edited by SkiJunky05; 02-28-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    Pattyowe- great course this year, huh? What category are you racing? I'm #106. Good luck.

Edit- hah! I think I just used my incredible brain to realize who you are...and you are faster than me! I think you'll be racing right after me. See ya tomorrow, best of luck.
    Hey man, great course is right. it was fun! Great run Sunday. We sure were tight. I barely won my entry fee back....
    Bonfire Films

are the dick's ditch results up anywhere yet? Dub should've sent you my dobermann's again... If you didn't do well, it's on me...

did you improve on your 3rd place last year?
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Mens pro ski results: Max Hammer 1st, sean clark 2nd, Pat owen 3rd, Andrew Whiteford 4th. the results and pics/vids should be up this week sometime...great race this year. the course was fun and the crowd was rowdy. thanks for all the cheers and support!
    Last edited by pattyowe; 03-03-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Bonfire Films

Right now (morning) there's melted snow falling from the sky at my home two miles from the Village.

Maybe I'll stay home today.

That's Max HAMMER, in 1st.

Men's Master's: 1st Pete Jenkins, 2nd Ernst Forst, 3rd Adam Smith; all with surgical steel in various parts of their bodies.

Right now (morning) there's melted snow falling from the sky at my home two miles from the Village..
    I will see your melted snow and raise you a lightning storm and 1/8 - 1/4 inch hail at Fox Creek canyon. This so-called La Nina is getting annoyingly bitchy of late...last three weeks have been a classic El Nino pattern. La Nina is all about a cold zonal flow...wtf is up with these stalled lows in deep troughs....calling Scott Stevens...

Melted snow falling. Awesome. And my roof is leaking... this wouldn't be happening right now if it was 20 degrees instead of 40! Annoyingly bitchy is quite the understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I will see your melted snow and raise you a lightning storm and 1/8 - 1/4 inch hail at Fox Creek canyon.
    Uh oh. Wife is heading up to the Baldy Knoll yurt this am. Hope it passed by the time they got to the trailhead.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Men's Master's: 1st Pete Jenkins, 2nd Ernst Forst, 3rd Adam Smith; all with surgical steel in various parts of their bodies.
    that's awesome...

Talking to Adam after the race he said he looked forward to racing next year and being able to get air- "after I get some hardware out."

After placing 4th in the qualifiers .2 seconds behind Pattyowe, I went two seconds faster in the finals...and he was still .2 faster then! Sean was another 1.5 sec ahead and Max about .35 ahead of him. Such a fun race!

Some of the "older" masters racers were talking about being able to subtract their age from their time for their category standings.

As for the weather today- potential thunderstorms, wet slabs going to the ground, and temps in town currently around 50 have me aiming for the terrain park.

As for the weather today- potential thunderstorms, wet slabs going to the ground, and temps in town currently around 50 have me aiming for the terrain park.
    Jesus, a few days ago I was wishing I was back home.... Now I'm glad I'm in tahoe.... Calling for 16 today/11 tonight/9 tomorrow on top of the 30+ that has already fallen. Get your ass on a plane, Andrew!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

Does anyone have any firsthand reports of how the hill's been lately (today)? Looks like we might be getting some snow tonight! Let's keep those fingers crossed...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Hey Suit-

No melted snow at Baldy Knoll, only the steep and fluffy. I am sure you heard all about it. Great fun and she rocked the house.- they all did. I think she is hooked- heehee.

Off for a 4-day Plummer to Baldy tomorrow with some Vermonters. Hope they like to get lots of vertical. North faces are still quite deep and sluffy, a bit of wind slab cracky at the ridges and cross-loaded spots.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Hey Suit-

No melted snow at Baldy Knoll, only the steep and fluffy. I am sure you heard all about it. Great fun and she rocked the house.- they all did. I think she is hooked- heehee.

Off for a 4-day Plummer to Baldy tomorrow with some Vermonters. Hope they like to get lots of vertical. North faces are still quite deep and sluffy, a bit of wind slab cracky at the ridges and cross-loaded spots.
    Thanks, Salsa. Mimi had a great time out there. She came home hungry & tired.

I figured I needed to get some exercise so I'll be able to keep up with her, so I skied Four Pines Wed/Thur/Fri and then yesterday with the kids. I skied aspects from northeast to southeast. Wed. was crusty everywhere. Thursday the new snow had made conditions decent to about 7500-8000 feet, then crusty lower. Friday was blower top to bottom, even on the southeast aspects. Yesterday down low it was already getting mushy on the lower slopes by noon.

The new snow didn't seem to have formed slabs anywhere that I went, but I didn't get up to any of the higher ridgetops. I think the buried crust layer is probably everywhere except north-facing slopes above 8000 feet or so.

Inbounds at the Village was great Friday & Saturday, and it's snowing right now.