Thread: New TFO Rod

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

New TFO Rod

About 7 years ago I bought a couple of Wilderness Access 7 wt rods just for beater "boat rods". Broke one a few weeks ago tossing streamers. Sent it back and they replaced it with a TFO 7-wt 4pc, "professional". It looks like IM-6 material and fairly fast action. Anyone have any experience with these? As of now, it looks like I won't mind brush busting with it or nicking it with a split since it came with a lifetime warranty. Question is, does that warranty only last as long as old Lefty is around?
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

AKPM seems to be a big fan.

I've had 2 TFO sticks. Busted one, sold the other. Personally, I don't think the medium action rods from them are worth a damn. The stiffer sticks are cannons and compared to the pricey competition are much better buys.

I've got a 3wt 7'6" and a 5wt 10" both are nice sticks, easy to throw with.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

it will cast loops around any rod priced below $400 (except maybe echo) and any orvis rod ever... The only down side is weight, they are very heavy, but with heaviness comes durability something sages at least don't have.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    I'll give a try on the Green below through the Sedaskee, WY area late this week. Tenative plans to float it if the water isn't too low. Throwing butt monkeys, zoo cougars, woolhead anything and looking for browns as big as my leg!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

I'll give a try on the Green below through the Sedaskee, WY area late this week.
    So jealous! I love that stretch, there are some serious hogs in there!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?