Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Dog is dreaming HARD right now...

All four legs/paws twitching, snuffling, groaning, even the tail is moving!

Git it, boy!

Mine sounds like a zebra when she's dreaming. I always wonder what she's chasing... cat, squirrel, deer...zebra?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Good for him.

I laid awake listening to my dog do this last night. Sometimes, mrs. rootskier tries to shut him up, but I love hearing the guy dream whatever dreams he has.

Dreaming dogs always crack me up. Always wonder what they are dreaming, do they have dreams based on reality or are they birds flying or ???

I'm pretty sure my dog is either taking down an elk or skiing when he dreams.

My dog doesn't bark except from time to time when he's dreaming.

Our dog sleeps in my daughter's room, by her bed. He woke her up Monday morning with the muffled woofs and half growls. She ran into our room, stomping him in his sleep along the way. She slept with us for approximately thirty minutes when we got up for work, etc. Dog came in too, ha ha! So, no escape for her, I guess.
    Didn't help that the book she picked out for bed was about a vampire dog. Perfect timing, right?

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    My dog whimpers and acts like he's suckling on his mothers teat. Sometimes I stick my pinkie finger in there just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    My dog whimpers and acts like he's suckling on his mothers teat. Sometimes I stick my pinkie finger in there just for fun.
    does anyone else find this a bit creepy?
    "Slid into the cave where Rocky was waiting with the bong and the snowlerblades"

Talking

oh man, pissing myself.

Only time we've ever heard our dog growl was when she was sleeping. Always wondered what she was dreaming about.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Yeaaaaahh rigghhhtt it's your pinky finger you stick in there.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    A few weeks back had to put the hound out to stitch up her chest after a barbed wire incident. She actually wagged her tail at one point while out on the juice.

When she gets in to dreaming the paws and legs are going, the chest heaves and the tail will go. Occasionally some yipping and now and then a good high pitched woof that pretty much wakes herself up.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

my dog flutters her eyelids enough that you can see her eyes are rolled back in her head....quite disturbing...Only time she ever really barks is when dreaming, and even then it's more of a soft *woof*

I have a pair of Basset hounds and thank god neither of them are howlers. The male, Otis, woke us up the other night though with the most perfect hound dog howl in his sleep. Went on for a good 10 seconds at full volume, then stopped and he kept on sleepin without missing a breath. Weird way to wake up at 2 in the morning. Mrs. Cruiser and I were pretty confused as folks would be under such circumstances. Quality howl though...

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Youtube has a great collection of dreaming dog vids. This one is embarrassed being caught dreaming:

I'm drunk stuck a military installation for some training, while my dog is being watched by family. I miss my dog. She often dreams and makes noise in the middle of the night. She often barks in her drea,s/. I'd like to thinks she's chasing a bird.

I get it every night, he comes into baed then starts whoof in half woofs and he tries to curl his paws, the pulsate. SO funny.

On a related note, this video is cracking me up.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by L7 View Post
    Yeaaaaahh rigghhhtt it's your pinky finger you stick in there.

Its probably the same size
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Thumbs up

lol...Tipp, I have seen this thred since yesterday and didn't even have to read it to get a mile-wide grin just seeing it.

I love it when dogs do this. It's one of those moments that makes me more than a bit envious of their super cool dog lives!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Here's Rafael during one of his dreams. He had his boys cuts off at the shelter, so I can't imagine his dreams being too exciting.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The year before last, I had night barn watch for 4H Fair. One of the horses was sprawled out on his side, asleep, twitching and snorting.
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere.