Page 35 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    or you can ski with the toe buckles off? My own TLT5's are modified to have an upper buckle and a ankle buckle, and no toes

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious.

I'll definitely start with buckle open. I don't know about other Lange's, but the front water seal looks fine to me. If it appears dicey at all, I can always relocate the buckle to put just enough clamping pressure to close the front seal.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-25-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    how to the new lange shells feel, with the old TNT liner? if that feels good, keep them (as the new liner will pack out to fit) if that feels shitting, return em

http://blizzardskioutlet.com/ if you like technica? (prices are in CND funds)
    Update: Lange's were feeling better with each 20min carpet wearing session, but still now right. The Technica liners in the Lange shell were fine. I finally pulled the cheap insole from the Lange and the Technica to compare, it appears that the Lange arch is more towards the heel than the Technica. I put the Techica insole into the Lange and that appears to have done the trick. I believe the Lange will now work. Probably spring for a nice insole when I get into a ski town next month.

Thanks MtnLion for the tips and help.

I have a medium volume 27 intuition luxury liner and a medium volume 27 palau wrap liner. In my pinkie shell fit 265 beasts the toes feel very tight, especially length wise. They pretty much feel like I have the intuition molding caps on my regular liners. Can heat molding make enough toe space? Should I try to mold the palau or the luxury liner?

^^Any reason you can't go to a lower volume liner?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have those two in my closet... I rather save the money.

Well if you have them give it a go molding the one you think is closest

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I have a medium volume 27 intuition luxury liner and a medium volume 27 palau wrap liner. In my pinkie shell fit 265 beasts the toes feel very tight, especially length wise. They pretty much feel like I have the intuition molding caps on my regular liners. Can heat molding make enough toe space? Should I try to mold the palau or the luxury liner?
    can you convert fingers to mm for me please?

But I would guess go with the thinner liners to start with.

About 5-7mm tops. When I use the boots the red superfeet push my arch up so I get more space than the flat shell fit.

go with the thinner liner, Mold it with the footbeds, thick socks double toe caps and the toe buckles MAXED out. wait 10 min, drink beer, and remove

Once your feet come back to life, try on again with thin socks, and no footbeds and see

So I got an Aline warm footbed for my full tilt Seth. So remove liner and put footbed in on baseboard and then liner, mold again? Leave footbed in that position and go ski?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm going to start with 6 beers. Any other tips to push back on the heel pocket?

Toes on paint stick and imagine your in the hannekammen
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So I got an Aline warm footbed for my full tilt Seth. So remove liner and put footbed in on baseboard and then liner, mold again? Leave footbed in that position and go ski?
    just go see and SEE if you have a problem. Then remold with footbed if needed

Update: my boot fitter heated the liners' toes (not the shells) with a heat gun. Reinserted into the shells and stretched toes with hydraulic press.

Fine for front country now, and really, really close to OK for side country/short tours.

Skiing with toe buckles open, btw. I'll probably remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Is there ever a situation where thinning the boot board in the toe area is not advised?

• Lange XT-130 Freetour's, performance fit (10-11mm) - very similar to how I sized the OG Dynafit Titans which they replaced.
    • I'm using my PowerWraps which were molded for my OG Titans.
    • I also molded the stock liners which feel narrower in the toe area (molded with double toe cap, but before the boot was punched).

Symptoms:

The slightest (and I mean slightest) bit less vertical toe wiggle room in the right foot. I feel a slight bit of pressure above the base of the toes and up to the first knuckle. I'm guessing when I go out in single digit temperatures, my right toes will be colder, but it's a guess at this point.

So Far:

Two days ago, we punched the shell width (minimal punching), and this helped a bit. From this exercise, I realized that most of the problem is vertical, and my initial thoughts turned to the boot board. It's hard to determine if this pressure is a bit of liner "bunching", since the Powerwraps were molded for the Titans.

Analysis/Next Step:

While posting this, I studied it from a different angle, and realized that the pressure originates at the front buckle. It's as loose as possible - buckle bail fully extended and latched to the loosest notch on the ladder. I'd estimate that I need about one "notch" looser (possibly less) than is currently possible - basically make the buckle vestigial.

I'll ski buckle open next time out, and if this solves the problem, I see a few options:

• Get two instep buckle ladders (5 notches vs. 3 so I can go looser). This could be a problem if the instep "ladders" have a different contour (radius).
    • Drill second holes in the existing buckles to locate them closer to the "ladders".
    • Grind off a portion of the boot board, from the base of the toes, forward.

In terms of reversability, the buckle changes are the least intrusive. You can't easily add material back to a boot board, although as I write this, it dawns on me that adding back some neoprene might have it's benefits (insulation).

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Thom
    ... Thom
    Galibier Design

you are welcome

I read the intuition molding thread. Rather than picking oven vs rice method, why not stick them in the oven with a hot rice sock?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    you are welcome
    Yup, those front buckles are basically vestigeal parts.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I read the intuition molding thread. Rather than picking oven vs rice method, why not stick them in the oven with a hot rice sock?
    sure, why not?

If sticking them in the oven, I don't see the point of the rice sock.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    If sticking them in the oven, I don't see the point of the rice sock.
    yes, I agree.

Me 233lbs /106 kg without gear on. Athletic build and likes to ski fast. (skis, MX88's, Stiff Bro's, Explosvi's, RC4 SL's, Bentchetlers) aide form the SL's my shortest skis are 188's.

Current Boots 2016 Lange RX 130 (not LV). Size 28 mondo.

Pervoius boots: Solly X-Pro 120s (too soft blew shell to bits, Solly X-Max 120 (warrantly for the X-Pro), same again too soft blew to bits... Atomic Tracker 130, didn't like the fit, felt like my foot was never in the right place.

My measurements. 28.25 on both feet and 110 last on the branock device. I have about 10mm behind each heal with my toes at the front of the boot. I fill the boot last well.

Custom footbeds done and boots fitted by a decent fitter, it was all going well until the thrid day I used them.

Issues... I have no ankle hold in my right heal at all and my claf feels like its never locked into the boot no matter how hard I crank it down. I feel like I can creating space in the boots when I drive the tips of the skis, I've always prefered to drive the tips and BEND ZEEE KNEE etc, I feel the angle I would like to stand isn't suppoered and the boots are focing me into a more neutral stance.

Every boot fitter i've been to has put me in a 120 / 130 with a walk mode and I find it too soft, really I feel I should be in a proper 140 plug boot to actually support me. I can actually feel the bottom of the current Langes flex when I push them hard enough....
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

lordF
    1) what is different about the heel hold on right vs left? any body changes? knee surgeries? calf tears? etc?

2) it sounds like the heel is moving but the whole leg is loose, or not all the way back in the boot? Is this the feeling of overflexing the boot (FLEX) or the foot not held in place (FIT)?

3) yes, get a 95 or 98mm, 150 race boot. size 28 (maybe 27)
    both nordica and technica/blizzard have some DEALS on the race outlet sites in canada, or order something online, or if you have a shops that stocks race boots get that.

Lange boots are pretty upright and soft in the forward flex. At 160# I can bottom out the RX 130, so it makes total sense that you'd find them too soft. I also thought there was a lot of ankle volume in the standard RX. A zipfit might help with the heel hold issues, but it sounds like you need/want a stiffer boot.

Before going to a full-on plug boot, you might try the Dalbello DRS/DMS/Scorpion 130 and Head Raptor 140 RS. I found the DMS 130 significantly stiffer than many 130 flex stock boots, and it's has a generous forward lean (too much for me), while still being reasonably wide in the forefoot. Raptor is about the same; adrenalated and I disagree about which is stiffer, so they're probably pretty close. If the Raptor 140 is too soft, the Raptor B2 is a 96 last, I believe, which is on the wider end of plug boots.

I don't know much about the Nordica and Tecnica options, but having bought plug boots for cheap off the web and had a boot fitter fit them, I think it's best to buy them from a shop who will guarantee the fit and the boot fitting is included in the price. Otherwise, you could spend more and potentially risk a bootfitter saying something to the effect of, "I never said I could get these to fit your wide feet." Unless your boot fitter has checked off on the boot and thinks he can get them to fit correctly.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-31-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

http://blizzardskioutlet.com/product...oduct=30120101

this might be the answer. PM me if you need it re-shipped.