Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Picking on up mid summer. Either a older access sled or if its in the budget il'l be getting something to double up one. Let me know if you go through with it. Il'l be looking for partners that are a short drive away
    Hey Lamothe, forgot I posted in this thread.

Yeah, if you're ever down Kimberley way I got myself that beater sled for access.

Took it out a few times in spring and ran good. But I was worried the whole time I'd break down somewhere far from the road all by myself.

I have had buddies with that sled and they love them. Easy to ride and great power. Probably worth 3-5k depending on how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Hey Lamothe, forgot I posted in this thread.

Yeah, if you're ever down Kimberley way I got myself that beater sled for access.

Took it out a few times in spring and ran good. But I was worried the whole time I'd break down somewhere far from the road all by myself.
    Sounds good! il'l be pretty mobile over the winter.

Im picking up a 2008 dragon 700 . here is the add

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ477034456

Any tips or advise when picking this up. Grew up with sleds but never bought one. Any paper work needed?
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1377030174.315896.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	140404

New touring rig .
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1377030174.315896.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	140404

New touring rig .
    Nice! Congrats.

Pic looks like sunset over the Tamarack mall in Cranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Nice! Congrats.

Pic looks like sunset over the Tamarack mall in Cranny.
    Yes sir! Cranbrook pick up last night

nice buy dude !!!

i look forward to some shenanagans with you ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Just finished the teaser for my 2013 snowmobile edit! Have a peek and let me know what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Just finished the teaser for my 2013 snowmobile edit! Have a peek and let me know what you think?

👍 Sick!!!

lol not sure if yous guys can see this but I don't real know this kid and was kind of surprised at the shenanigans.

Getting ready

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

This is the result.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Well at least it was an older model sled that had depreciated a lot.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

just my 2centz ...

yamaha's are far better to skim water ...

We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    just my 2centz ...

yamaha's are far better to skim water ...

Said noone ever... unless you're trying to write it off for an insurance claim to buy ANYTHING else but a yammy.

This baffles me, especially since yamaha's have 200lbs on pretty much every other make out there. Usually heavier and sinking go hand in hand... god only knows they're a pain to dig out when they're stuck in snow. I don't think I know anyone round these parts who rides a yammy unless they're getting it for free. Performance/specs amongst the other 3 brands (Ski-doo, polaris and arctic cat) is pretty much comparable, just minor details/personal riding preference.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Said noone ever... unless you're going to turbo that bitch
    Fixed that for you...

One of scariest moment of my life:

We were mobbing across this reservoir, that's an easy 15 miles out and I'm looking at my buddy who is making a swift 180 and I look up and see that half the reservoir is basically a half mile slushy open water, no ice. I was so afraid to try and turn in the shit that I just pinned it and hit the bank at about 50mph. Now the only way back is to do the same thing in reverse. Huck a 3' snow bank into the lake and cross 1/2 mile of open water, if I fail I die. I sat for 10 minutes contemplating life and said fuck it, pinned it and obviously I made it.

Very undude like

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    One of scariest moment of my life:

We were mobbing across this reservoir, that's an easy 15 miles out and I'm looking at my buddy who is making a swift 180 and I look up and see that half the reservoir is basically a half mile slushy open water, no ice. I was so afraid to try and turn in the shit that I just pinned it and hit the bank at about 50mph. Now the only way back is to do the same thing in reverse. Huck a 3' snow bank into the lake and cross 1/2 mile of open water, if I fail I die. I sat for 10 minutes contemplating life and said fuck it, pinned it and obviously I made it.

Very undude like

You gotta remember to call me when you have all this fun.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Sometimes Ski-Doo doesn't water skip so well either. Good thing it was a rental.

He should probably turn that thing off.

My 2014 renewal cards showed up in the mail today.

fkna. Soon.

Still selling the '10 M8 SnoPro that I posted about last season. Someone give this thing a new home, its ready to shred and get you and your homies to the goods.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336458

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Still selling the '10 M8 SnoPro that I posted about last season. Someone give this thing a new home, its ready to shred and get you and your homies to the goods.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=336458
    Fuck you.

come oooonnnnnnnnn

You know you want to keep it.

There's a big wonderful mountainous state between you and me.

Got a new 2014 skidoo sp 800 and looking to mod the muffler with a can. Save some weight, make it louder,etc... Anyway, local shop owner is modding his out sled out with a new can that exhausts into the tunnel. Logic being the pipe doesn't clog with snow sidehilling. Theoretically, thats sounds good, but then the tunnel is where the cooling system is and I worry it might cause over heating? One would think they already tested and thought about that, but do I really want to send exhaust into the tunnel?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Tunnel dump exhausts have been around for years. Lots of the turbo setups are designed this way as a base setup. I haven't seen what they're doing with the XMs but most of them send the exhaust into the bottom of the track up towards the front of it. There's so much frozen water moving around in there, I doubt it has any affect on your coolers up top (or even the front one). I had an old rev that used to bog hard on really deep days because of exhaust plugging. I actually wish I had one but with where the exhaust is on the Arctic Cats, it's not as big of a deal.

Sounds good. Buddy made it sound like something new. Maybe for him. Dude is going up today to rip around and see how she goes. We get the wet and heavy more often than not, so not clogging/bogging would be an advantage. Probably gonna go for it unless I hear otherwise.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Yeah, I sincerely doubt the exhaust heat would make a notable effect on cooling. It certainly won't HELP, but I doubt the difference is significant, especially if there's ANY snow moving around.

Icy hardpack, sure, it'll overheat, but it'll overheat anyway.

Don't make it louder for the sake of making it louder.

AFAIK, there are no cans out that even MAINTAIN power compared to stock. I'd say leave it alone, put a deflector on if the XM has a bogging/plugging issue (I've not seen anything that suggests the XMs do).

Iain