WTB: 2 or 3 wt setup, not too expensive

If anyone has one they wanna get rid of let me know. Something backpacking friendly, maybe 6'6" - 7'6" 4 piece, under $200 with rod and reel/line. I'm growing increasingly fond of fishing with the lightest possible rod that I can get away with, but my 7'6" 4 wt is only 2 pieces so its tough to hike with, so a short, lightweight rod needs to join the quiver. Thanks.

here is a 4 piece, but it is a 4wt...

http://albrighttackle.com/items/fly-...454-detail.htm

Still a good deal though.

are those good rods? I have no experience with them, but if they are thats a good buy and I wouldnt have to buy a new reel too which is a big plus.

EDIT: used the search function, oops. Thanks for the link, cant believe I missed those...
    Last edited by couloirman; 10-13-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    are those good rods? I have no experience with them, but if they are thats a good buy and I wouldnt have to buy a new reel too which is a big plus.

EDIT: used the search function, oops. Thanks for the link, cant believe I missed those...

There is a guy on Ebay username "rowriverfshr" he sells 6'6" 2 wt 4 pc forecast rods they are great, only $100.00 and He has a lifetime "fix it"....I have been fishing his rods for years and they rule, anyting else is a waste of CASH. I have many Orvis, G loomis, Scott.... His rods are great for the price. I have only broken one and have put them to the test a few times when I thought they would bust, but they "Rule" as above mentioned. Customer service is outstanding. I have 3 friends that have all bought his rods and we enjoy bending them to the cork...makes the smaller fish seem Huge.
    Last edited by yonskion; 10-13-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    "Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is" -Charles DeMar
    Never argue with an idiot..They always drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

i got my 2 wt set up (tfo 6' 2 wt 2piece, ross reel, Rio floating line) from sportsman's warehouse for just about 200 brand new.

while it is a 2 piece, a 6' 2 piece means 3' sections so not bad for packing.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

my wallet is not happy with albright right now, my quiver just doubled.

Has anyone fished the bugati reel? Looks like a good buy but I read some not so good reviews on some other forum.

oh and thanks for the ebay tip, Im bidding on one right now(none of you maggots bid against me ok?)
    Last edited by couloirman; 10-13-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yonskion View Post
    There is a guy on Ebay username "rowriverfshr" he sells 6'6" 2 wt 4 pc forecast rods they are great, only $100.00 and He has a lifetime "fix it"....I have been fishing his rods for years and they rule, anyting else is a waste of CASH. I have many Orvis, G loomis, Scott.... His rods are great for the price. I have only broken one and have put them to the test a few times when I thought they would bust, but they "Rule" as above mentioned. Customer service is outstanding. I have 3 friends that have all bought his rods and we enjoy bending them to the cork...makes the smaller fish seem Huge.

Just wanted to add that I did win an auction for a "rowriverfshr" 2wt, cost me 75+ship, the rod arrived yesterday and is very, very well made. Cant wait for my new ross vexsis reel(so long to a "not too expensive" setup, haha) to arrive so I can take her out on the water, thanks again for the tip.
    Last edited by couloirman; 10-21-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Has anyone fished the bugati reel?
    I haven't fished one but I bought one off that Albright sale as a gift for a friend. It's okay. I greased the bearings with some Park waterproof, and greased the drag knob detent a bit, as it was sort of rough in adjustment.

It's actually not too bad for $34.

For the OP, check out the Albright A5 3wt @ $112.00
    I just bought the A5 5wt for my dad, and it's a nice rod, or so it seems from front porch ghost casting.

Anyone tried the TFO Lefty Kreh Professional Series 7'6" 3wt? It's about the same price.
    Last edited by bio-smear; 10-21-2008 at 09:34 PM.

I have the 7'6" TFO 3wt! Nice, slow, and smooth. I love it for smaller creeks and still water fishing.

Org. I wanted the 8'6" 3wt but after casting that and the 7'6" side-by-side I was all about the shorter rod (sloooow-pitch).

Last edited by Andy_B; 10-22-2008 at 05:24 AM.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Anyone tried the TFO Lefty Kreh Professional Series 7'6" 3wt? It's about the same price.
    I have it in a larger size and love it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

so, I just got my albright bugati 3/4 wt reel in the mail, and was wondering one thing; is there anything wrong with me spooling it up for my 2 wt or will that be too unbalanced and I will regret it?
    Last edited by couloirman; 10-24-2008 at 11:26 AM.

I have an aoutift I got from Cabela's almost 10 years ago (3 wt, 2 piece) for dam cheap and it's been outstanding. the reel isn't the best, but it's graphite so it's very light and balances the rod well

-Tick
    I like chicks who ride. Especially if they're cyclists.

so, I just got my albright bugati 3/4 wt reel in the mail, and was wondering one thing; is there anything wrong with me spooling it up for my 2 wt or will that be too unbalanced and I will regret it?
    Probably be fine. Only one way to find out.

That Bugati I bought has become smoother in operation with a little fiddling. Not bad for the price.

I've become a fan of the extra spool. Kind cool to be able to swap between floating and sinking tip line like a handgun magazine.

check out echo

Hey and Sage replaced the Fli series with the flight so you can find their 3wts for like $170ish give or take. It's a sweet rod.

Anybody know any shops that would ship to euroland, or some good webshops in europe? I have hard time trying to find cheap 2#wt rod and reel from finnish webshops.