Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: ON3P Skis

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    But for now, not too much I can do. sorry. I should be back for a week over Christmas and maybe could let you at least demo a pair then if you can fit into my bindings (I think we can get up to about 320mm in there, max).

No worries, I understand...and for SURE we need to get out when you are in CO. I am a 315bsl, so it should work.

Yeah, I like beefy skis, but Marshal's Great Scott's may be a little overboard,

Let me know for sure, I would like to try some others like we discussed before, but definately the Caylor's are looking pretty damn tempting to me now.

Also, if you could give me the name and address of every Caylor owner, I can make sure that all of their garage's and ski racks are locked...you know, just to be safe for them. I wouldn't want anything happening to their boards

Strange, I never thought there would be other people out there who have also made crab treadmills.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    No worries, I understand...and for SURE we need to get out when you are in CO. I am a 315bsl, so it should work.

Yeah, I like beefy skis, but Marshal's Great Scott's may be a little overboard,

Let me know for sure, I would like to try some others like we discussed before, but definately the Caylor's are looking pretty damn tempting to me now.

Also, if you could give me the name and address of every Caylor owner, I can make sure that all of their garage's and ski racks are locked...you know, just to be safe for them. I wouldn't want anything happening to their boards
    Cool. I am 301mm but we were getting 317mm into my skis last season.

May as well take marshal's out. I think that with the rocker they aren't as hard as they seem, although I haven't me on them so I cannot be sure. They are definitely pretty damn beefy....If they are insane than just hope back on the moships.

The hotbed for caylors is definitely Bellingham. There is at least 4-5 pairs of up.

Since I am only gonna be back in Boulder for a week, I suspect I will be doing the family thing a lot, which is fine since don't get to see them enough these days, but I will at least haul some skis back for people to try.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Cool. I am 301mm but we were getting 317mm into my skis last season.

May as well take marshal's out.

Since I am only gonna be back in Boulder for a week, I suspect I will be doing the family thing a lot, which is fine since don't get to see them enough these days, but I will at least haul some skis back for people to try.

Good man...keep us posted, and if you can't get out, we will wine and dine your skis for sure.

I will get in touch with Marshal and try to persuade him to lend me the GS's for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Strange, I never thought there would be other people out there who have also made crab treadmills.
    There was 3-4 of them used depending on the size of the crab. I definitely spent a fair bit of time taking them apart and tweaking them to keep them running smoothly and quietly.

Interesting skis, nicely done!

sounds like I need to go on a demo tour this season.
    If you do this I can prolly hook you up with a place to stay and contacts in Nelson and Golden. It'd be good to get more honest products in the industry.

STOKED to get out on the Wrens tomorrow at Vail, then the Caylor's on Friday at Loveland...

Thanks, Iggy, for the demo express meetup at the Mall today. Now, when my hands get feeling back in them after scraping the mountains of wax off those Wrens, I will type more

EDIT: I got a bug up my ass and scraped and brushed the Caylor's, and Vail is getting POUNDED right now...so reverse my earlier statement, lol.

Caylor's tomorrow, Wrens on Friday
    Last edited by PowTron; 12-23-2008 at 12:22 AM.

Really sweet stuff here. I Somehow missed this thread up until now. I'm pretty sure I saw some dude in the gondi lineup at Stowe on Saturday morning with a pair of those rockered behemoths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Review to come later this week, but I just wanted to inform anyone who cares:

The Caylor's were absolutely orgasmic today in the fresh at Vail. The review will go into details, but I am willing to sell my soul, kids, wife, etc to get a pair of these ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Review to come later this week, but I just wanted to inform anyone who cares:

The Caylor's were absolutely orgasmic today in the fresh at Vail. The review will go into details, but I am willing to sell my soul, kids, wife, etc to get a pair of these ASAP

you DID say that your avatar is your wife, correct? You might be on to something here. The girlfriend might not be such a fan though

Or maybe something amazing will happen and I would have the ability to produce more in a month or two....that would also work for me.

As I said on the phone, stoked you liked the caylors. Can't wait to see if the same is true for the wrenegades.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 12-23-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Review on my Wrenegades will be coming soon. Need WAY more snow for the Great Scotts to be brought out though. Short consensus on the Wrenegades = amazing.

Saw a pair of Caliors (or at least that was the graphic) being mounted up at a local Seattle shop tonight. Must say the build quality was really nice. The ski had a good medium flex and the bamboo sidewalls sure are pretty. You could tell they were made with love.

Congrats again Scott! Quite an accomplishment.

If you need a big strong PNW tester I'd be happy to take a pair or three for a spin

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesN'Cream View Post
    Saw a pair of Caliors (or at least that was the graphic) being mounted up at a local Seattle shop tonight. Must say the build quality was really nice. The ski had a good medium flex and the bamboo sidewalls sure are pretty. You could tell they were made with love.

Congrats again Scott! Quite an accomplishment.

If you need a big strong PNW tester I'd be happy to take a pair or three for a spin
    Hmmm....wondering whose they were. Was it the green/white soldier graphic or the white/blue city scape graphic? Pretty sure I only know of one pair in seattle still unmounted which was a pair of 186cm jeronimos with the white/blue graphic which should be at Sturts right now.

The bamboo sidewalls are definitely pretty, but they are a pain in the ass to finish and protect. UHMW sidewalls are coming up next.

And what is your bootsole (may have asked this before)?
    Last edited by iggyskier; 12-24-2008 at 03:00 AM.

I don't know if Alex has mounted his pair yet.
    I doubt it was at sturtevants, while there are three pairs there they are all hidden in the back. My guess is it was seattle ski, thats where Alex is getting his pair mounted.

Skied the Wrenegades all day today. Wow!

I really like this ski.

Amazing carving groomers to the fresh, then bombing through shit like it was nothing, then popping off anything in the way, then slinging it sideways and cutting tight turns... Amazing all of the way around.

Created redundancy in my quiver as I no longer want to ski my Pocket Rockets or my Prophet 130s.

Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_pdx View Post
    Skied the Wrenegades all day today. Wow!

I really like this ski.

Amazing carving groomers to the fresh, then bombing through shit like it was nothing, then popping off anything in the way, then slinging it sideways and cutting tight turns... Amazing all of the way around.

Created redundancy in my quiver as I no longer want to ski my Pocket Rockets or my Prophet 130s.

Very nice work.
    That was the first pair out of the press, too (3rd and 4th ski).

Wow talk about dedication. I just read through all of this and all I can say is where can I demo a pair.

I'm a seattle area local, a bit on the shorter side and if you have any 186 or shorter laying around I'd feel honored to try them out. If you or any of your crew are going to be at any local areas, I can make my way there in a heartbeat.

I'm also a little bit of an artist, and if you're planning on sending out for new topsheet designs, I'd love to give you a look at some of the things I've doodled.
    Last edited by hitmanbob; 12-26-2008 at 11:50 PM.

waiting patiently for a pair......

the line stretches clear back here. (all heads-down, arms folded, patiently waiting)

Very well done, I admire you.

be has direct experience in both this and the vc field, there's probably nobody who knows more about the industry from the start-up perspective, but that doesn't mean he's omniscient, Jake Carpenter and Jason Levinthal and some more have managed to make a living, it's possible.

FKNA, right?
    Last edited by iceman; 12-27-2008 at 12:48 AM.

Fkna is right

I will have reviews up for the Caylor and the Wren by the end of the weekend...

Both of these skis kick severe ass and pretty much amazed the shit out of me

I just finished reading through the entire thread and the skis look and sound great. are there any more recent updates on how everything is going?

you guys have the coolest skis by far!
    i met a guy up at Summit at snoqualmie with the Caylors and i suspect it was him.
    he told me about you guys and i've been looking for this thread forever!
    can i demo a pair of the skis > i'm up at the summit most of the time

also i think that if you guys made some "teen" skis that would be sick > something that isnt too long 169 - 180 and was really phat
    a lot of kids would wanna get a pair!
    Last edited by Alpental Rocks; 03-18-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    I just finished reading through the entire thread and the skis look and sound great. are there any more recent updates on how everything is going?
    The summary of how things are going is basically....fuck the economy.

We should be 100% ready to go by the end of the month. Business plan has been done for awhile, and we should be set to go, so Bank account, IRS, register in oregon, operating agreement, etc, etc. Skis have been great and we know what changes we want to make.

But there is no money. We have been trying at it for awhile, and there has been a fair bit of interest, but the timing is horrible and a lot of people who would have invested a year ago when they had some available capital to play around with have lost it all. I don't exactly know too many people to approach either, so the whole thing has been pretty difficult. And it is not like the lending situation is any better.

We are still working on it, but I can't say it has been anything less than extremely frustrating. We'll get it figured out, it is just a matter of when.

Some cool stuff though - Josh Anderson finished 3rd at crystal on our skis, and my buddies David and Will finished 3rd on wrenegades at the Helly Hansen Big Mountain battle. Might as well post a little more stoke to offset the shitty financial situation...

Josh at crystal comp. Day 1

Day 2 - got the sickbird for the 80+ foot lincoln

Podium

I missed out (but was cat skiing ) but everyone had a great time at the cancer event held at stevens. All photos by Billy Russell.

While I got to go cat skiing for the first time...

David rocking the blue steeles in the park

Best one

Some early season jibbing in Utah

So yeah - as I said, somethings are going well, the financial side of things are tough.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 03-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.