YKK zipper repair

I've got 2 sweet jackets that I can no longer where due to zipper failure. I don't see anything broken on either, zipper teeth engage at the top of zipping it up, but not at the bottom.

Anyone know of a company that does this kind of work or do I need to send em back to the manufacturer?

If you can't no longer wair it, then send it back to mfg for repaire, visit your local seamstress, or if you have access to a sowing machine, put in a new zipper. It's really easy, unless your talking waterproof breatheable. That's the only advise I've got.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Hugh Conway Guest
    http://www.rainypass.com/

Can do the work, and is also warranty repair authorized for several MFGs.

Use some pliers and squeeze both the top and bottom, and on both sides a bit tighter. This sometimes makes the teeth engage a bit better

take it to a place that does clothing repairs/altering. i've had several zippers on ski jackets repaired this way. it costs about $10 and its done in a couple days.

why would you send it back to the manufacturer, pay for shipping and have it sit in a warehouse for a month?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Use some pliers and squeeze both the top and bottom, and on both sides a bit tighter. This sometimes makes the teeth engage a bit better
    Tried that on both already, no go. I'm gonna look for a local seamstress, I am sure there are some here in Aspen.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    http://www.rainypass.com/

Can do the work, and is also warranty repair authorized for several MFGs.
    A second endorsement for Rainy Pass. They've modified a tent, replaced a jacket zipper, and patched tears in two different gortex jackets for me and they do top notch workmanship and have a reasonable turnaround time.
    Good runs when you get them.

get something like this and just replace the zipper pull part, I've done the plier thing many times, and then eventually just replaced the zipper pull, and everything worked out great.
    Jon