Fixing Holes in Leather Gloves

So I have some BD Patrol Gloves that are a few season's old and they are starting to get some holes in a few spots. I don't really have the funds to replace them right now, so I want to try and patch them and make them last one more season.

I'd like to stay away from the duct tape method if possible. I was thinking along the lines of some type of leather patch since the gloves are all leather to begin with. I'm not the greatest with needle and thread, so that might be kinda difficult...

Any ideas on a reliable way to patch these gloves?

Truly you must be handicapped if you don't understand the power of needle and thread. Duct tape is a true fix it all but you can repair leather by using a needle man.

I love the patrol glove also so here's what you do. Put a broom handle pole in the finger that has the issue (if it's a finger) as not to SHRINK the finger when stitching the affected area (do the same if you do the lame duct tape thang). If it's the palm or backside of hand then stitch away. To finalize the deal take true shoe gu or similar poly resin that has flexible capability once hardened and cover the stitching to keep the affected are from opening up again and make it water proof once you have penetrated the water barrier with the needle. This is not difficult and you can enjoy your darning while watching football or some ski flick.

GET-R-DONE and continue to enjoy the glove.

or for $15 buy some kinko's
    Go Sharks.

Not all duct tape is of the same quality! I always thought that 3M UV-proof was the best but I found the black Gorilla brand duct tape to be even more bomber. By the time the tape repair wears out, you will want to chuck those stinky gloves anyway. Then again, as mentioned above. A new pair of Kinkos costs about the same as one role of Gorilla tape! Good luck.
    Last edited by DropCliffsNotBombs; 10-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by SPREAD EAGLE View Post
    Duct tape is a true fix it all .
    /\/\/\ word

Use a needle and thread, then seal the repairs with shoe-goo. My $15 carhartt gloves are on their third season with several such repairs.