Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205
Results 5,101 to 5,122 of 5122

Thread: so who is going to see phish?

I thought it was a horrible under utilization of what that place should be able to do. It was just like Tony fucking up fluffhead.

They better step it up big time, or in my mind this goes down as an abject failure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Musically, heavy hitters. Visually underwhelming per the stream.

Farmhouse visuals were cool

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Musically, heavy hitters. Visually underwhelming per the stream.

Farmhouse visuals were cool
    But they had to play farmhouse.

I thought trey's sign off was telling: something along the lines of we'll see you tomorrow night, or not, but anyway...

Mike looks fat, Fish looks slim
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I thought it was a horrible under utilization of what that place should be able to do. It was just like Tony fucking up fluffhead.

They better step it up big time, or in my mind this goes down as an abject failure.

were you there?

I was not. I was on a spinning couch. I could have gone, but, like the TX eclipse, I deemed it a silly choice.

Tonight was insaneballz. Night and day.

yeah last night looked better than night 1.

fomo is really bad when you are looking at that big lit up sphere and you know phish is inside throwing down and you aren't.

I guess this is somewhat representative of the overall experience?

That was one fucking great jam, even watching and listening on my shitty desktop PC. As someone who grew up loving 70's Fusion and Zappa it was particularly delightful.
    Last edited by fomofo; 04-20-2024 at 01:58 PM.
    The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    yeah last night looked better than night 1.

fomo is really bad when you are looking at that big lit up sphere and you know phish is inside throwing down and you aren't.
    It was the dog licking the lens that really hit my fomo switch

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

just scored a tonight at face.

unreal luck on this one.

LFG

Damn Dude!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Any one else there ? I have a few friends from college there for Sat and tonight, another buddy there for all 4. So far they have loved it , although dude there for all was saying the 1st night took a little getting used to for bit him (in terms of what to watch band vs visuals,etc) and for the bands playing.

shit was unreal. I think I had a little too high expectations on Thurs.

I was 20th row in 100's dead fucking center last night. Some MSG industry connection hookup. no overhang (unless I was literally looking backwards)

From now forward this will be the hardest phish ticket each year. Everyone is going to want to see phish in the building. The sound is unreal, the room is incredible and the visuals are the cherry on top.

tried to post a pic here but it's fucked. sucks they won't even let you link to pics on like imgur

NBABUCKS1:"From now forward this will be the hardest phish ticket each year. Everyone is going to want to see phish in the building. The sound is unreal, the room is incredible and the visuals are the cherry on top."

Could not agree more. I too snagged a last minute for the 4/20 show. The sounds is immaculate; you can focus in on each band member and hear everything. The venue is clean and well done, though needs more bathrooms for concerts. I was in the 100s with overhang obstructing about 1/2 the view. Pillow Jets jam through the fairy forest with the face melting lichen and trees to fireworks was unreal. It was a full sensory experience.
    I agree with others online who have said it is a totally different experience. You aren't so much focused on the band alone and that is a change from any other concert. When it clicks and band and imagine are working together its magic. I loved catching Trey and Mike looking up at the imaging at times to get a feel for what it was doing. Even they were digging it it seemed.
    Absolutely would go again. Though the demand for those 2 and 300 tickets will be even more insane in the future.
    Last edited by DLD in UT; 04-22-2024 at 12:49 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    shit was unreal. I think I had a little too high expectations on Thurs.

I was 20th row in 100's dead fucking center last night. Some MSG industry connection hookup. no overhang (unless I was literally looking backwards)

From now forward this will be the hardest phish ticket each year. Everyone is going to want to see phish in the building. The sound is unreal, the room is incredible and the visuals are the cherry on top.
    Phuck yeah. Sounds dope. I want them to do Halloween there.

Went last night (Sunday). 250 (300?) or so shows I reckon by now.

Sound was absolutely incredible. Never heard sound that good/precise before.

Overall "experience" was amazing.

Only critique was band's playing was "just ok". If it was just a "normal" arena show it would have been 5/10. That said, I think they had to keep it somewhat within the swim lanes so as to stay consistent with the pre-planned visual experience.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post

Only critique was band's playing was "just ok". If it was just a "normal" arena show it would have been 5/10. That said, I think they had to keep it somewhat within the swim lanes so as to stay consistent with the pre-planned visual experience.

That's a good point but on a 'normal' show what level of planning do they put into the setlists? Obv for themed shows (Animals set, dicks spelling sets) they plan the setlists but on a daily driver show how are they planning what they play? I think I've heard trey talk about general idea of what songs - but when it comes to jamming into something - are those planned or spontaneous?

I don't think I've seen anything that has really stood out musically in awhile - but i'll take a 5/10 phish show over any other band any day. It's still a blast - especially if you are there. They don't always hold up on tape the next day though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post

Not sure I agree really. Sure there were some odd song choices (plasma opener for example) but you should go listen to that disease again: that was not 5/10 playing.

Cheers

Everything I’ve heard is just kinda meh, I agree with St. Jer. The Theme from the Bottom is visually very cool, but man what train wreck. It’s one of my favorite songs and they could not get it off the ground, never mind landing it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Haven’t heard it yet. I did here Thursday was a shitshow musically