Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bedtime4bonzos View Post
    Success!

Vid:

This finished product:

Sorry it took me so long to post this. Thanks to everyone with suggestions! You can see a lot of those suggestions in the pics above. Internet collaboration is pretty cool.

And edit to add: Despite all the really helpful posts, GeezOar definitely wins for my favorite comment. This one made me smile.
    Hi Bonzo
    This is a work of love. Can you build one for me and one also for my best friend? How much?
    Ihave a KitchenAid mixer but I want this device removable. Is that possible for I use my KitchenAid for other purposes.
    Please let me know.
    Regards to you and the luckyGF.
    rmbad49

What the newbz fuck?

Can you tell me the part numbers for the sprockets and chain?

Here's what I used:

Chain:
    6261K283 - Standard ANSI Roller Chain #25, Sngl Strand, 1/4" Pitch, Rollerless,.13" Dia, 3'L (Same as 6261K171)

Arm shafts, drive shaft, and idler:
    2737T311 - Steel Finished-Bore Roller Chain Sprocket for #25 Chain, 1/4" Pitch, 45 Teeth, 1/2" Bore (Same as 2737T31)
    2737T107 - Steel Finished-Bore Roller Chain Sprocket for #25 Chain, 1/4" Pitch, 14 Teeth, 1/2" Bore (Same as 2737T6)
    2737T133 - Steel Finished-Bore Roller Chain Sprocket for #25 Chain, 1/4" Pitch, 20 Teeth, 1/2" Bore (Same as 2737T13)
    Feel the rhythm... feel the rhyme...

Bedtime, was a pleasure reading this thread, I was so happy to see that you got this completed. Looks like a beast of a machine. That being said, now that you are years into this, how do you feel about it? Anything you wish you did different? Overall, I love your design and plan on basing a build on yours so long as you don't object. Thanks for any advice!

The rotating arms would be better if there was a curve where they are in contact with the taffy so that it would self-center. My arms are straight so I have to babysit a little to keep the taffy from drifting off of the arm.

I'd also probably add a chain tensioner. Mine works fine without one, but you can see the chain get tight and loose as things rotate.
    Feel the rhythm... feel the rhyme...