Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3510
    yeah, CROSSFIT IS SERIOUS BUSINESS you lowlife mater-fornicater

Steroids should be more scrutinized here. Doctors use them. Crossfitters use them.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I can't even tell if you're serious or not. If you're just trolling, which you probably are, you are a sad person.
    you are a moron, man.

on another interesting note, i just noticed that crossfit in portland advertises on tgr! everything is starting to make sense.

can't wait 'til all the New School Maggots demand a Crossfit Forum so they can do the gym equivalent of Stravasshole Behavior.

New School Maggots love sports you don't actually play, that way they don't ever have to put their athleticism under scrutiny to be ridiculed by people who actually have some skills... dominating Strava, never done a bike race... killing it in Crossfit, afraid to do anything outdoors... doing the tech-talk-tango, but can't wrench for shit IRL.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I've never done a single crossfit workout in a "box". I workout at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning. I participate in this thread because I'm interested in strength and conditioning and there is some good info and discussions here.

If you were a body builder, which to achieve 4% body fat you'd almost certainly have to be, a question about steroids, hormones and other drugs shouldn't be very surprising to you. I said I have no interest in using them myself, I am interested in the endocrine system and peoples experiences with PED's. Who said anything about hurting anyone?

If you actually read this thread, you'd see that about half the participants don't do cross fit.

4% was not that rare 30 years ago among particular groups of competitive athletes and it did not require drugs. i don't actually read this thread because i don't care about it enough to follow regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    can't wait 'til all the New School Maggots demand a Crossfit Forum so they can do the gym equivalent of Stravasshole Behavior.

New School Maggots love sports you don't actually play, that way they don't ever have to put their athleticism under scrutiny to be ridiculed by people who actually have some skills... dominating Strava, never done a bike race... killing it in Crossfit, afraid to do anything outdoors... doing the tech-talk-tango, but can't wrench for shit IRL.
    That's why I play softball. Keeps shit real.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    4% was not that rare 30 years ago among particular groups of competitive athletes and it did not require drugs. i don't actually read this thread because i don't care about it enough to follow regularly.
    4% huh? How was that measured? DEX or hydrosatic? Most methods, especially those used 30 years ago, greatly underestimated body fat. Virtually no one walks around at 4%, even with steroids, unless they are hitting that for a day for a weigh in or for a body building competition. If you measured 4% on a caliper test, you were more like 7%. Which is still extremely low. No one competes at their best physically at 4%. Your body is cannibalizing itself at 4%. In studies of military personnel going into and coming out of survival training where they are doing intense exercise with limited calorie intake, ie basically starving, no one dropped below 4%. Their bodies started rapidly depleting muscle and other tissue before dropping body fat further.

Saying you used to be 4% body fat is like all the D3 and high school stars saying they ran a 4.4 40, when actually their 4.4 40 was measured with hand timing on their movement, which means its more like a 4.7+.

spook Guest
    I never said i went below 4%. it was done in a pool. My lung capacity was the second largest she'd recorded in 15 years -- and this was in a town with dozens of world class track athletes who she had measured over the years. She was so shocked we did it 3 times. The only person who measured higher was a world class marathoner. I was not a body builder but self - cannibalization is not far off. Off season I was 15-20 pounds heavier. I trained with Olympic and world champions several times and my college coach at a div 1 pac 10 school who gave me a scholarship was also an olympian and the Olympic coach my freshman year. I ate 900 calories and worked out 3-4x per day for 6+ hours between lifting, running and practice and technique for extended periods and not much more for the rest of the season which frequently went for up to 6+ months but I trained all year round until several life and death situations resulting in multiple fatalities and a paralysis of people close to me compounded a physical injury to derail my career early.

You crossfit Nazis are hilarious. You work out a gym that tries to silence any potentially negative press through litigation or threat of such. You think you're all the only experts on weight training or exercise physiology. You guys are starting to remind me of all serious-faced steroid monsters at every gym I've worked out at in 35 years.
    Last edited by spook; 09-18-2014 at 02:32 AM.

I ate 900 calories and worked out 3-4x per day for 6+ hours between lifting, running and practice and technique for extended periods and not much more for the rest of the season which frequently went for up to 6+ months but I trained all year round.
    What? You ate 900 calories and worked out 6 hours a day? Is there supposed to be another 0 there? I can't even imagine what the point of that would be other than to torture someone.

Sorry about your career being derailed but frankly, if that was your training and nutrition program you owe someone a swift kick to the nuts.

Edit - FWIW the trainers at MBSC recommend most of their athletes train at 8 - 12% body fat. For their judo, mma and other fighters who have to make weight they do a bounce cut using a hot tub. They never use saunas and they actually reduce their physical activity during the cut.
    Last edited by neufox47; 09-18-2014 at 08:31 AM.

4% huh? How was that measured? DEX or hydrosatic? Most methods, especially those used 30 years ago, greatly underestimated body fat. Virtually no one walks around at 4%, even with steroids, unless they are hitting that for a day for a weigh in or for a body building competition. If you measured 4% on a caliper test, you were more like 7%. Which is still extremely low. No one competes at their best physically at 4%. Your body is cannibalizing itself at 4%. In studies of military personnel going into and coming out of survival training where they are doing intense exercise with limited calorie intake, ie basically starving, no one dropped below 4%. Their bodies started rapidly depleting muscle and other tissue before dropping body fat further.
    I just had mine done yesterday at my gym the lady who does it uses calipers. I weight 210 pounds.

body fat = 11.2%
    186.3 pounds of lean weight
    23.70 pounds of fat

She said I could safely lose 4 pounds and still function well. Im thinking this would be the hardest 4 pounds ever. It would likely end up being from the 186 of lean weight.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

spook Guest
    What? You ate 900 calories and worked out 6 hours a day? Is there supposed to be another 0 there? I can't even imagine what the point of that would be other than to torture someone.

Sorry about your career being derailed but frankly, if that was your training and nutrition program you owe someone a swift kick to the nuts.

Edit - FWIW the trainers at MBSC recommend most of their athletes train at 8 - 12% body fat. For their judo, mma and other fighters who have to make weight they do a bounce cut using a hot tub. They never use saunas and they actually reduce their physical activity during the cut.
    Not really. It taught me how to suffer, how to go without and discipline. bounce cutting every 4-6 days is not healthy. I felt good, I was strong and fast. If I had to drop a little before a weigh in, i ran. I did not use saunas. My training and nutrition had nothing to do with the end of my career. And if had not learned how to suffer and go without to the degree I did, i would be dead by now.

I'll remember to pass on the crossfit Nazi thread. Who knew you guys would be almost as intolerable as the polyass spammers.

Not really. It taught me how to suffer, how to go without and discipline. bounce cutting every 4-6 days is not healthy. I felt good, I was strong and fast. If I had to drop a little before a weigh in, i ran. I did not use saunas. My training and nutrition had nothing to do with the end of my career. And if had not learned how to suffer and go without to the degree I did, i would be dead by now.

I'll remember to pass on the crossfit Nazi thread. Who knew you guys would be almost as intolerable as the polyass spammers.
    What will we do without your enlightening and cheerful presence? Please stay and tell us how to employ training methods that have been invalidated.

spook Guest
    pretty much everything gets "invalidated" over time. it's unfortunate for you that crossfit keeps getting invalidated in the present. it's understandable that true believers and money makers would get upset about it.

bla bla bla bla bla bla
    Why are you working so hard to toot your own horn without telling us exactly what its was you were training for? Synchronized swimming? What were these fatalities? Nose plug malfunction while attempting to hold your breath for to long? Synchronized swimming has weight classes?

pretty much everything gets "invalidated" over time. it's unfortunate for you that crossfit keeps getting invalidated in the present. it's understandable that true believers and money makers would get upset about it.
    I've said a bunch of times that I don't participate in crossfit and never have. I'm actually one of the biggest critics of Cross fit that regularly participates in this thread and often point out why I think it is bad programming. Cross fit style workouts offer few benefits for serious athletes IMO, although I am not one, I still want the most effective workout. But clearly you have exposed me as a cross fit fanboy.

spook Guest
    i've talked about what i was training for and what caused the fatalities before in other threads. you doofi kept demanding some kind of description, so i gave it to you. i haven't heard a word about what any of you are training for except crossfit. that's impressive. why would i toot my own horn? it was 30 years ago. the part you call tooting was offering some legitimacy for what i did. and it ended long before it should have so there's nothing really to toot about. it has nothing to do with now other than trying to deal with the aftermath on a daily basis. very classy of you to make light of people dying though. that's what i love about tgr. people get more upset about anybody mildly questioning their belief systems than anything else.

spook Guest
    I've said a bunch of times that I don't participate in crossfit and never have. I'm actually one of the biggest critics of Cross fit that regularly participates in this thread and often point out why I think it is bad programming. Cross fit style workouts offer few benefits for serious athletes IMO, although I am not one, I still want the most effective workout. But clearly you have exposed me as a cross fit fanboy.
    sorry, i didn't realize you were so afraid.

Anybody else ever known these types?

spook, youre full of shit.......4% body fat...

plus your fuckign up this fucking thread
    Zone Controller

yeah, i don't really care and i know how to train myself well enough for what i need that i have no interest in something like crossfit. there are many things that make many millions of dollars that are successful at nothing but making money. just sayin.
    Focus on your golf training. It is all about the T-spine......

TPI, titleist Performance institute.

If you have the coin, shoot me a PM and I will get you a invitation for a private session at the TPI center in California. Besides the golf specific workout routines they prescribe, you will get a complete club fitting and lesson.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

very classy of you to make light of people dying though.
    I wasn't mocking the dead. I was mocking you. You are a bullshit factory, devoid of any credibility.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Focus on your golf training. It is all about the T-spine......

TPI, titleist Performance institute.

If you have the coin, shoot me a PM and I will get you a invitation for a private session at the TPI center in California. Besides the golf specific workout routines they prescribe, you will get a complete club fitting and lesson.
    thanks for the offer.

Just signed up for a half marathon on Thanksgiving. We will see just how well the training of lifting and sprints can translate to running. I haven't run more than 3-5 miles in a couple of years.

leg day bitchezzz

Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    leg day bitchezzz

I was expecting his legs to snap. Now I think it's fake.