I'm way too indecisive to shop for skis.

First of all, I have searched. I've searched so much it's turned into one big blur of specs and opinions. Here's my situation. Last year I moved out to SLC from SD. It was my first season skiing over 20 days (ended up being about 70 at alta/bird). Needless to say, I'm heading out west again this year. After messing around with my quiver a bit last year, I ended the season on 189 Pontoons for the big days (they saw lots of use), and 183 stiff bros for everything else. Over the summer I added some 191 P4s because they sounded like fun and I couldn't pass up the deal.

Basically, I'm looking for something that's going to haul ass at Snowbird on days 2-4 after a storm. I've always thought a fairly stiff ski with just tip rocker would be perfect, so I was pretty excited to hear about the Shoots. The 193 EHPs for $400 at bcoutlet also sound tempting. I'm wondering if they're going to be too much for me, though. I'm about 6'0" and 165lbs. I ski pretty hard, but I'm nowhere near as good as the guys those things were made for. What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

i dont think of rockered skis as hauling skis, and you have toons..so get something like XXL'x, 190 rubys, 186 prophet 100's, something like that

good luck!

What's wrong with the 183 stiffs for that? I would think they would be pretty good for what you are looking for. Pretty sick two ski quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    What's wrong with the 183 stiffs for that? I would think they would be pretty good for what you are looking for. Pretty sick two ski quiver.
    There's nothing wrong with the 183 stiffs, I've just had better luck with them on firmer snow. I'm looking for something to ski when it gets just a little too chopped up for the pontoons (those big soft tips flop around a lot), but it's still a little too deep for the bros.

Skis is offline It's one louder, isn't it
    Katanas in one of the larger sizes?

Another vote for XXL's. They are the "new Explosiv" in my quiver. Good in deep, but best in chop and crud...and actually not bad on groomers. I love how they smooth out the chop. Oh, the 187's are easier to ski than you think.

Glad to hear the 'toons got lots of use last year.

I love my 191 ANTs sounds about right for what you want

xxl, moment m1, pm gear big bro, katana, etc....
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Prior Overlords

Do a search for overlord or overlords, there are a couple of reviews - its a stiff ski with a long rise and high tip, but with an otherwise traditional shape (a little less sidecut than normal). PM me if you are interested in a pair.
    Last edited by hway2; 09-22-2008 at 12:29 PM.

First, you should eat something... 165# and 6' tall? You must be skinny as anything.

Why not also check out the BD KiloWatts or the BD Verdicts. Both might fit your bill if you like to charge!

definitely get some 187 xxls. seems to fit the bill perfectly. also, i've heard some good things about the new line motherships, but they only come in a 185 or 195 so good luck deciding there.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

I don't understand why you'd write the P4's off. That's a good ski. To me, you have a hardpack ski, a crud day ski, and a pow day ski already. What else do you need?

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    I don't understand why you'd write the P4's off. That's a good ski. To me, you have a hardpack ski, a crud day ski, and a pow day ski already. What else do you need?
    I was wondering the same thing. Already looking to replace them before even trying them?

I was in the same boat as you man. read and read and read and you forget what you read and it blends together. I just started sniping skis off my list, now im down to two. volkl kuro's and amplid cholesterone r.c., i know this doesn't help you but i'd thought i share my similar experience.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I've thought a lot about the xxls and will probably end up going that route if I find a deal, but the ehps on tramdock last night finally sent me over the edge. I figure I'll be able to fondle them in person and get rid of them for what I paid when the snow flies if I don't think they're going to work. There's just something about September that makes me buy lots of skis. Oh, and about the P4s, I'm really hoping they turn out to be a fun everyday ski in softer conditions. After some of the reviews I've read, I'm excited to try them out. Remember, the skis I'm looking for (and I guess the ones I just bought) are only for going fast in wide open spaces. I'm not opposed to getting rid of the 'toons if I find something that is great in the deep stuff and handles crud well, too. It would save me a trip to the parking lot at noon. That's why I initially thought a stiff ski with tip rocker was the ticket.