Tecnica Diablo Flame vs. Agent 100

Anyone skied either or both of these boots? I got the Diablo Flames in the mail from evogear today, but I've been checking out the Agents since I made the order. The Diablos fit my foot well, I haven't had a chance to try the Agents but they should be very similar. I'm trying to decide if I should exchange them.
    Last edited by orlowskij; 09-09-2008 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

i skied the diablo flames (model year 06) for the last two and half seasons....they are a solid boot, but I didn't care for the volume....I have a much lower volume foot then that particular boot calls for (IMO)....by the time they had packed out, they were having all kinds of slop, especially in the calf area...don't know what type of skiier you are...I just picked up my new boots the other day actually (110 flex)....I think the diablo flames are 90 flex.

i would say its a good intermediate all-mtn boot. but I don't really have any tech background so im just going on personal feel, too soft and slop like for me after two-and half seasons on them

that being said, I was skiing them a full size to big, so theres my most major problem, can't really say how they would have performed if they had been fit properly....

I have the Agent 100 in a 28 and it's too big, I have to move down to a 27. I am trying to sell them to a buddy of mine but he's yet to give me any cash for them. They are a sick boot! Same shell- they're both born from the diablo, but the Agent has a different footbed and liner- I'm a big fan of the liner. What size are you looking for?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Priority number 1 is how well the boot fits your foot. Both boots are made for high performance, the agent is just a little more freeride oriented, all the benefits of freeride specific boots, a higher flex but a little more comfort for stomping etc.

Still DO NOT trade in your boots until you've tried on the Agents and confirmed that they fit your foot equally as well as the Flames.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    What size are you looking for?
    I'm in a 27.5 in the flames.
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

^
    Ah, nevermind. Good luck though- you can't really go wrong with either boot as long as they fit right, should you want more cushion for the stompin' you could probably just get some different footbeds. If you decide you need a 28, let me know I'm sure we can make a deal if I still have em.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

The flame is slightly wider than the agent, this is especially noticeable in the instep of the foot, I believe it is a difference of 2mm?? That said i agree with Sloafer11' fit is number one.

Now I think your question has more to do with how they ski, over the fit. The flames ski like an advanced - intermediate all-around boot. Comfortable, not overly aggressive but capable of being pushed. Agent's in the 100 are very similar, to get the real feel that the agents claim consider the 120 or 130.

Hope that helps a little.

Well I just pulled the trigger on a set of 27.5 Agent 100s. I'll give 'em both a shot and see what works better for me before I send either back.
    Last edited by orlowskij; 09-11-2008 at 10:16 PM.

good luck with your decision... let us know which you prefer.