Big Balls Guest

Snowbird/Alta race, freestyle, freeride teams???

Squaw Valley has a whole shitload of options for season long training. They have freestyle teams, race teams, freeride teams, big mountain teams. They have them for all ages from 4 years old to Masters teams going up to 80. They also have various options for each age and style category from 6 day a week winter long high intensity training to just weekends and holidays to even just paying for a day of gates when ever you feel like it. So at Squaw whether you are 4 or 50, whether you want to race downhill or moguls or big mountain, or whether you want to train full time every day or just the weekends throughout the season they have a program for you. But from what i can tell Snowbird and Alta doesn't have anything. I'm sure I just haven't found their programs yet. I'm sure they must be hiding somewhere. Maybe they are just independently run and not ski resort run but I can not believe that a resort as big, popular, and respected as AltaBird has NO season long training of any kind for their more committed skiers.

Two words: Park City

Big Balls Guest
    Yeah I know Park City has lots of training stuff but that's not where I'm looking at. I'm interested in LCC. Surely they must have something.

I'm currently in training for the big Librodouche vs. Conservadouche Chinese Downhill. It's gonna be right across the street.

http://www.wasatchfreestylefreeride.org/

head coach is jon o'brian

don't think they do masters, train at Deer Valley and snowbird....

for racing, probably need to go with rowmark (private high school) for snowbird ( i actually am not sure where rowmark trains)

alta has a junior big mountain team, but no race program or freestyle program though they used to hold a freestyle event every year but no longer do...

alta also has the weekly or maybe monthly town race series but no actual training that i am aware of

alta ski bum series..?

why would you want to race in little cottonwood when you could be skiing pow?!?!, i saw get the fack over to PC
    ayuh

Big Balls Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigeast View Post
    why would you want to race in little cottonwood when you could be skiing pow?!?!, i saw get the fack over to PC
    Because as badass as I am I'm sure I could get SOMETHING out of some race background.

Snowbird Sports Education Foundation - sbsef.com - Rob Greener is the freeride coach and the program runs all season long. Snowboard team also goes all season long - Lane Clegg -Head coach. The also have a ski team with over 200 plus racers from J6 to J1 and the have a PG - program. Rowmark is for students of the school so unless you are enrolled at the school Snowbird is the way to go. Alta has both a freeride and race team. You can get info at ...YES alta.com.

Big Balls Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicgray View Post
    Snowbird Sports Education Foundation - sbsef.com - Rob Greener is the freeride coach and the program runs all season long. Snowboard team also goes all season long - Lane Clegg -Head coach. The also have a ski team with over 200 plus racers from J6 to J1 and the have a PG - program. Rowmark is for students of the school so unless you are enrolled at the school Snowbird is the way to go. Alta has both a freeride and race team. You can get info at ...YES alta.com.
    That stuff all looks great........ if you're 12 years old

BB - The Devo team and J-fast teams are for the younger skier ( 12 and under) at Snowbird.The focus on all mountain and racing about a 60/40 blend. Both teams are for 12 and younger. If you have a kid that is a real ripper you can contact the team and they sometimes will make room for really strong young skiers.This is taken from the sbesf site. The free ski team is designed for 13 years and older athletes who want to take their racing skills into big mountain skiing competition. The primary focus of the free ski team is to learn the proper technique and develop a safety awareness to compete in big mountain free ski competitions. This program also includes avalanche and back country skiing safety awareness. The free ski team runs September through mid April and includes Christmas Camp, dryland conditioning and a mental skills program.I don't know of any program ( In Utah) that will take 4-7 year olds in a big mountain program.

Big Balls Guest
    Dude I'm 28.

BB - I thought you were looking a kids program. You are really out of luck in LCC for the race training you want. PC masters in the only real adult race training program. Good luck - Peace

Big Balls Guest
    Well I found my answer. If anyone else was in the same boat here's the info.

http://www.wasatchfreestylefreeride.org/snowbird.php

There are no training programs of any kind in LCC, you should just stay at Squaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

ogre????????
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96