Mount point paralysis: Enforcer 110

New skis are in: Enforcer 110 185. I'm 6' 160lbs. Every ski I own is forward mounted -2 to -7 (from true center) max.

I was all set to mount these +2 (putting them -6.7 from center), but my shop guy/friend looked at me all cross eyed and told me to think on that for a few days. He tends to really drive his skis and likes to mount -1 or more. I ski fairly upright. Definitely more of a park/progressive style. I have no formal ski training or racing. I love playing in the trees, slashing and floating sideways, but I also love to put a ski on edge. I like to ski and land switch.

These will be a daily driver/all mountain/soft snow ski. I have big pow skis and skinnier (100 UF) park/daily drivers. I picked the Enforcers because I wanted a really maneuverable ski that has some weight/damping to it.

Mount on the line? Mount +1? Mount +2? Stop being psycho, mount and remount if I don't like them there (my OCD hates Swiss cheese skis)?

Pick one and don’t think about it. Go +1 if it helps the head, but I would be on the line. Then again I don’t have a park background

Sell em. Buy the 191.

Go +1.5cm
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I had mine at +1 and they worked great for me. Pick a spot between +1 and 2 and go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mount point paralysis: Enforcer 110

+1cm or +1.5cm.

You won’t die.

Some people are just fanatical against forward mounts. And some of us just like forward mounts. I think the Enforcer tails allow you to go forward a bit.

ifin yet that hung up on it, slap some demo binders on there and try them out on all the different spots.

On the rec line. If you have elfin' feet, than maybe a little forward.

Have mine at +1 and they feel right

Kinda looking like +1 is a fair consensus here. I’m at this strange point where I feel like I should ski them with a bit more nose, but at the same time the last ski I tried that with (Bent Chetler 100) I ended up remounting +3.

When in doubt, on the line.

It really won’t matter. The ski has a huge sweet spot and is not overly stiff. Detune the rocker sections for a looser feel. My 5’ 10” 155-lb son has his 185’s and says they are easy to toss around. Fun skis. Enjoy!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    It really won’t matter. The ski has a huge sweet spot and is not overly stiff. Detune the rocker sections for a looser feel. My 5’ 10” 155-lb son has his 185’s and says they are easy to toss around. Fun skis. Enjoy!
    I assume he mounted on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I assume he mounted on the line?
    Yep. He likes directional skis and on the line felt right to him.

I landed at +1 and I'm really glad I didn't go further forward. There is a nice big sweetspot on these skis. They ski just fine switch and have the support out of the tips that I wanted. Fun ski!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I landed at +1 and I'm really glad I didn't go further forward. There is a nice big sweetspot on these skis. They ski just fine switch and have the support out of the tips that I wanted. Fun ski!!
    Nice. Drop some thoughts in the main Enforcer thread when you have a moment. I’m sure your +1 mount perspective will be helpful for others.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums