Faction Dictator 1.0 ?

Anyone have time on the 21/22 dictator 1.0?

Looking for a more dedicated on piste ski but can’t seem to find much on the 1.0

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just bought a pair. Saturday will be my first day on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Hopefully you come back with a quality experience… wonder how much different the 1.0 Vs. 2.0…

Loving my 3.0s. THat's all I got for ya. I was tempted to get the 1 or 2.0 too after skiing the 3s. Evo had great deals on em

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Loving my 3.0s. THat's all I got for ya. I was tempted to get the 1 or 2.0 too after skiing the 3s. Evo had great deals on em
    Where did you mount yours at? I'm wondering how close to center I can go before altering performance.
    dedicated to the game, player

Quote Originally Posted by mattyTru View Post
    Where did you mount yours at? I'm wondering how close to center I can go before altering performance.
    On the line. I didn't get fancy with mount points.

Would u mind coming back to TGR to give us your thoughts on the Dictator 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by ALFONSO618 View Post
    Would u mind coming back to TGR to give us your thoughts on the Dictator 1.0?

It’s snowing pretty hard so I don’t think they will be coming out to play tomorrow. Maybe Sunday. They do look fresh though with black pivots.

It’s snowing pretty hard so I don’t think they will be coming out to play tomorrow. Maybe Sunday. They do look fresh though with black pivots.
    Yah that does look clean!

How’s the flex? I read one review that said the tips were kinda noodley and relatively light for a dual ti ski

Yah that does look clean!

How’s the flex? I read one review that said the tips were kinda noodley and relatively light for a dual ti ski

They don’t feel light at all. I did not scale them but they feel close in heft to my Volkl Mantra 102s. They feel stiff, every review I have seen of them says they are stiff and require you to be on top of them driving. I mounted them at the suggested progressive line. I am hoping to get a good balance of being able to carve but also be a little playful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got them out for a couple runs today. My son is in a competition today and snow conditions are pretty soft as we got 12” yesterday. So not the best conditions to test skinny front side skis.

Overall I would say they are slightly softer than the mantra despite having two layers of metal.

They don’t have a big side cut which was one of the reasons I bought them. But it also means they don’t hookup with out driving them. I also did not feel much pop out of the turns but I have not gotten them up to speed yet either.

They were excellent in moguls.

I've put a bunch of days on my dictator 1.0s. Really fun ski. They feel stiff and light (in comparison to my other skis at least). Interesting combo as they are much more lively than some other stiff metal skis in the category (compared to a blizzard brahma for example). Very precise, lots of fun carving groomed/hard snow. Definitely like speed and being driven (when I transition back to my more freestyle oriented skis I feel like I'm on ice skates for a couple runs). At speed can develop fun rebound into the next turn. Decent enough versatility in some off piste. Fun in moguls (though favor a more traditional style of zippering over a slashy/pivoting style -which has taken me a while to get back to). They get bounced around a bit with the lightness, but feel better in the air to me compared to other stiff frontside skis. I went with the "freeride" mount, or whatever Faction calls it. (I can't remember, but I think 2 cms in front of the line). I went shorter too given their stiffness and less rocker. I'm usually on 182-86 fatter/rockered skis, but went 178 on these. I also dig last year's blue graphics and "dictator" (over "dancer") compared to this years.

Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    I've put a bunch of days on my dictator 1.0s. Really fun ski. They feel stiff and light (in comparison to my other skis at least). Interesting combo as they are much more lively than some other stiff metal skis in the category (compared to a blizzard brahma for example). Very precise, lots of fun carving groomed/hard snow. Definitely like speed and being driven (when I transition back to my more freestyle oriented skis I feel like I'm on ice skates for a couple runs). At speed can develop fun rebound into the next turn. Decent enough versatility in some off piste. Fun in moguls (though favor a more traditional style of zippering over a slashy/pivoting style -which has taken me a while to get back to). They get bounced around a bit with the lightness, but feel better in the air to me compared to other stiff frontside skis. I went with the "freeride" mount, or whatever Faction calls it. (I can't remember, but I think 2 cms in front of the line). I went shorter too given their stiffness and less rocker. I'm usually on 182-86 fatter/rockered skis, but went 178 on these. I also dig last year's blue graphics and "dictator" (over "dancer") compared to this years.
    What other skis would you say they compare with? Lots of people like the mpro, enforcer… anywhere near that with the dictators?

I got them out for a couple runs today. My son is in a competition today and snow conditions are pretty soft as we got 12” yesterday. So not the best conditions to test skinny front side skis.

Overall I would say they are slightly softer than the mantra despite having two layers of metal.

They don’t have a big side cut which was one of the reasons I bought them. But it also means they don’t hookup with out driving them. I also did not feel much pop out of the turns but I have not gotten them up to speed yet either.

They were excellent in moguls.

Any more experience on the dictators?

Any more experience on the dictators?

It’s a fun ski. It can tail fast GS turns and zipper a mogul line. It skis like a narrower Mantra which is what I was looking for.