Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Here's my beater truck, '81 Toyota with a 250?hp Buick v6. I built it when it was almost new and just keep putting a new motor in it every few years. It has over 300,000 miles and a fairly fresh motor and transmission and is back to being a work truck since it's too expensive to drive to the mountains.

Neato TGR!! A school bus with your name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Can't believe no one has posted this sweet rig here yet:

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Yeah, well I'd put a pic up of my pickup but it's only 15 years old, and I've only had it for a couple years, so it doesn't count.

ttp://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131680

hilux and a pop top camper

This is a right hand drive, 88, toyota hilux. 4 dr, 4wd, 2.4 diesel in it. I've had it for about 4 years now

now with a camper. First trip in it

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    ttp://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131680

hilux and a pop top camper

This is a right hand drive, 88, toyota hilux. 4 dr, 4wd, 2.4 diesel in it. I've had it for about 4 years now

now with a camper. First trip in it
    I want your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I want your truck.

thanks, how much?

not that I'm selling it, but.....

This truck was unstoppable 'til the engine started knocking. I'll have it running again this winter.

This was a fun rig 'til the body sag got so bad you couldn't open the doors any more.

...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Here is my old beater. Sold it in Bolivia. My buddy and I bought this at the end of 2002 ski season in Park City for $1600 and drove it down the pacific coast all the way to Chile. Thing had over 200,000 miles on it when we bought it. Just a couple small repairs, and about 40,000 miles later, I sold it in Bolivia for $1700. Thing was awesome. We beat the living crap out of it. I miss it. The first two are in Northern Chile in the Atacama, and the last one is in Northwestern Argentina on the way up to Bolivia.

Good thread - BB, did you drive "The Death Road"? Saw a special that mentioned that a lot of Bolivians will only buy these old beaters and rig them for driving "The Death Road."

I've driven that so called death road before. Not with this truck, but with a rental Suzuki vitara. The road runs one way in the am and switches direction in the afternoon. I think a new road has opened and now this road is closed to cars and trucks. The road is narrow and has huge drops on one side with huge cliff walls on the other side. We had to gas it through a couple big ass mudbogs, but I was surprised at how tough the little truck was. The road runs from la Paz way up in the mountains and goes over a pass and drops down into the jungle. The town Coroico is beautiful and a nice place to spend a couple days. Road trippin in Bolivia is bad ass.
    sigless.

I bet Rasputin drives a Lexus

As far as bending time and space goes, I have not figured out how to get the sleds IN the camper quite yet.

I miss this truck so much it hurts. The clutch went out, and after a number of other expensive repairs I was just tired of putting money into, so I gave it away.

I replaced it with this, which is also a sweet truck, much roomier, with about the same mpg out of the straight six.

But I miss that damn toyota though. I've never seen another one like it. '83 longbed 4x4.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Here is my old beater. Sold it in Bolivia. My buddy and I bought this at the end of 2002 ski season in Park City for $1600 and drove it down the pacific coast all the way to Chile. Thing had over 200,000 miles on it when we bought it. Just a couple small repairs, and about 40,000 miles later, I sold it in Bolivia for $1700. Thing was awesome. We beat the living crap out of it. I miss it. The first two are in Northern Chile in the Atacama, and the last one is in Northwestern Argentina on the way up to Bolivia.

is that a hilux? those things are pretty much indestructible. mntlion knows.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tionaries3.jpg

pwer wagns pwn. here is mine. older than me. since thrown delicious bumpers and mirrors on it, to see.

pic of triceratops getting his thirst on. note mirrors, bumper.

getting pulled over. i had thought it was impossible becos paint?? must have advanced detection system now.

this is during his formative years. what a finicky child he was!

i dig old trucks, not so much a fan of old cars though.

Here are my rigs.

1976 Toyota Land Cruiser with a Bunch O Mods
    and my 1991 Toyota 4Runner with a couple of accessories...
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

So I guess mine isn't all that old, it's an '01, but it's got 191 thousand miles on it and still runs like a champ.

Got stuck in the Bighorns cause I didn't notice the lake of meltwater I was about to drive through...

But I eventually got out, thus proving that my Jeep is a beast.

not exactly ancient, but 14 years old and running strong.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Love how most of the old beaters are Yota's!

Here's mine. Its an standard '85 4x4 with staight front axle. I'm not at all nice to it but its very nice to me. I drive it like a bat outta hell on all of our montana logging roads. I ram into snow banks and cross many a stream as well as areas barely considered to even be a road. She's my daily driver of a work truck and my trusty lift to the mountains in the early winter mornings. She never hesitates to start right up (even when its -15 outside). I'm gonna have to retire her to work truck only as the whole family can't ride along. Thinking I'll hunt down an '85 4-Runner to take her place.

Mid January baby making station

Pack her full for the move

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    is that a hilux? those things are pretty much indestructible. mntlion knows.
    It is not a Hilux. It is a standard 1986 Extracab 4x4 pickup. Had the 4 cylinder 22re motor. Came pretty much exactly as you see it, minus the black paint on the lower third. We rattle canned that action in to make it look higher off the ground.

Here is the current ride a 1997 v6 4runner SR5, not ancient, but has 150k miles on it and it runs well and still looks pretty good. This pic was shot on the Elephant Hill loop through the needles district of Canyonlands NP.

This was taken in San Rafael Swell on the North Coal Wash trail. We were not able to make it all the way down this trail. With about a mile to go, we got stuck and after several attempts had to flip a bitch and roll out with our tail between our legs.
    sigless.

Not that old but tough as hell 98 cherokee with a little over 200k km's 4.0L I6

Needless to say I didnt get out of this one unassisted

So he pulled me out now problem and proceeded to high center on some DEEP ruts

Long story short.........BACKHOE

Here's an oldie but goodie

Pretty shiny for an 89. Too bad the front crossmember is rusted in half, gonna have to do something about that to pass inspection next month. She's got over 280,000 and so far this year has been from PA to Burlington VT twice, and one trip up to the adirondacks. Also multiple trips down to DE to be used as my surf fishing buggy.

I'm not usually one to bump old threads but I'm a sucker for all these old ass yotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw_Willie View Post

This truck was unstoppable 'til the engine started knocking. I'll have it running again this winter.
    All the old Toyota's' in this thread are awesome. I had one too in college and I'm tempted to pick up another bare-bones-no-options Tacoma and maybe do something like this with it:

Old Nissan 92 SE V6 Hardbody

Paint shot
    Engine Strong
    One Clutch @156K
    has 225K+

Gave it to my brother who rallied it to Mexico (Baja)

Attached Pics

BSS Guest
    Mine's a 95 Tacoma 4 cylinder - slow and steady. This summer we've been to the Cascades, the full length of the Lost Coast, Great Basin NP, the Chocolate Mountains, and 1,500 or so miles of Nevada backroads. And after 80K with no radio, I finally treated her to a CD player last month.

1988 Ford F250HD. Almost 80,000 miles.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com