Big Balls Guest

Lake Tahoe long term motel??

Anyone know of a cheap long-term motel in the North Lake Tahoe area I can stay at for a few weeks while I look for housing? Microwave and fridge preferred but not necassary (I'll take price over amenities).

Assuming you're single, you may be able to join www.apres.org and stay at their lodge in Kings Beach cheap.
    not counting days 2016-17

there used to be a hostile at squaw... i don't know that it's still there or whether or not it's nasty.

finding a place shouldn't be that difficult.
    Still waiting...

Temp room in house

A friend is looking to fill a room till the end of the month. pm me

You can't stay at Apres' lodge for more than something like 14 days straight.

I think there are a couple of long-term motels in Kings Beach. Kidwoo probably can tell you their names.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

A lot depends on when and why you're coming. It's a decent drive from Incline to Squaw so it helps to be specific. There are plenty of hotels though and they're currently all in their slow season (all three forms of there in one sentence +3 points). Don't jump at the first one because if you're coming now your timing is perfect (+2 points).
    The first thing that comes to mind in Kings Beach is the Tradewinds.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

PM Huck4bucks. I think he may be able to help.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    I think there are a couple of long-term motels in Kings Beach. Kidwoo probably can tell you their names.
    I think he only knows the hourlies.
    not counting days 2016-17

Big Balls Guest
    Thanks guys. After looking I don't think there is much. The best I've been able to find is Motel 6's West Reno branch for $38 a night (30 min to Truckee which is closer then their South Lake Tahoe one). The other recommendation I've had is to just rent a room which is probably the better idea. But since I'm coming from the East Coast on Oct 1 to find housing for Nov 1 I think I just may hang out in Salt Lake for a couple weeks instead and lessen my my motel time in Tahoe. Intown Suites has a branch 15 minutes from Snowbird in Midvale for $200 a week and that includes microwave, fridge, kitchen, cable, and WiFi. Wish they had one in Truckee, or at least Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    There are plenty of hotels though and they're currently all in their slow season (all three forms of there in one sentence +3 points).
    My wife's English students worked on this type of sentence construction this past week. It was an exercise in confusing word pairs. I think you would have received a high mark.

squaw valley usa international mountain resort

It's been a couple of years, but the Mother Nature Inn in TC was clean and just what your looking for.

http://www.mothernaturesinn.com/rates.htm

I bet they would cut you a deal in October.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Possibly Crystal Bay Motel (I think they're running a $25/night special Sun-Thu,) and the Tahoe Inn, just next door to the Biltmore across the state line (Carnelian Bay?) $34.99.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Possibly Crystal Bay Motel (I think they're running a $25/night special Sun-Thu,) and the Tahoe Inn, just next door to the Biltmore across the state line (Carnelian Bay?) $34.99.
    This is probably a good bet, it's where I stayed for a week when I first moved here in 95. Lemme know if you need any help when you get out here, I'm in Incline and work in Squaw.

Big Balls Guest
    Thanks Blood Sweet Steel! I was actually starting to think about doing a season instead in Salt Lake since it seemed so much easier to get started there but now I can put my sights back on Squaw!

^^ All you had to do is pick up a phone book. Not everything is on the internet.

Big Balls Guest
    Sorry but we don't have too many Lake Tahoe phone books lying around in Florida.

Surprisingly, although not everything is on the internet, the lake tahoe phonebook is

Big Balls Guest
    So you chide me for only relying on the internet and then you point me to the internet? It's ok, I'd be bitchy too if I was stuck in Colorado and everyone was talking about Tahoe.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Balls View Post
    Sorry but we don't have too many Lake Tahoe phone books lying around in Florida.
    Not that they're worth a damn, but if you really wanted one I can send you a copy. Christ, they deliver those things like newspapers around here. As if there's really that much that changes every couple of weeks.

Thumbs up

You can squat in one of the Sierra Club Huts
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    If you're talking about Oct, I'd give the Biltmore and Cal Neva a call and see if they'll cut you a good rate. That's the total off season here, I had a friend that lived at the Bilty for over a month during the fall two years ago, I'm pretty sure the comped a lot of it to her since she was gambling and eating in the restaurants too.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Crystal Bay Motel is owned by the Biltmore, that is their cut-rate lodging.