Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Anyone subscribe to NBC Sports Gold to watch F1? I'm wondering if it works well and how much it costs once the introductory offer ends. I don't have cable so I don't get NBCSN thus can't watch F1 at home.
    I'm curious too. Usually bootleg a Sky Sports F1 stream, but I'm a little fed up with the lack of HD.

Also- new Force India-
    Name:  f1-sahara-force-india-f1-vjm10-launch-2017-sahara-force-india-vjm10-with-bwt.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  53.6 KB

It's the Barbie special livery.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It's the Barbie special livery.
    Bacon Force India

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Exactly what I thought of when I saw it this AM. I really like it actually, and would love to see another Leyton House-esque livery on the grid too.

The wait is just about over. Hopefully it will be a good race.

Good to see Ferrari and Vettel just outright beat Mercedes.

But the difficulty everyone was having in dirtier 2017 air does not bode well.

If passing is severely limited to efficient pit stops it may make for less viewer friendly races at least for the casual or non race savvy viewers like myself.

Yawn

Good to see Verstappen keep up with Raikkonen

I would not put much on Hamilton not being able to pass. This has always been his weakness. He struggles to make a pass for a couple laps when others make the same pass in a few corners. Their were several times last year that Nico passed a car in half the time and effort that it took Hamilton to pass. Hearing Hamilton complain their was no way around Verstappen was kind of comical when it did not look like he even made any attempts to pass.

For the most part it is going to take a few more races to see if on track passing has really been hindered by the new rules package.

Never heard anyone describe Hamilton as being unable to overtake... particularly compared to Rosberg.

The Mercedes of recent years... and also seemingly this year.... have had trouble running in dirty air particularly compared to say the Red Bull.

Amazon to document McLaren's 2017 F1 season

McLaren's 2017 Formula 1 season will be shown warts-and-all on Amazon Prime as part of an 'Amazon Prime Original Unscripted Series'.

Produced by Manish Pandey, a BAFTA winner for his excellent film Senna, the series will take viewers behind the scenes at Woking with exclusive and unprecedented access to the team. Given the troubled start, it could be required viewing.

“McLaren dominated F1 in the modern era but they are also a family who have recently gone through difficult times, both on track and off,” Pandey says. “And like all families, we will watch them pull together to regain their rightful place at the head of F1.”

Zak Brown, executive director of McLaren, adds: "We understand and appreciate that F1 fans are always keen for greater levels of access, insight and information, and the series will give them the most intimate and honest access to a modern F1 team that’s ever been seen.”

Release date for the as-yet-unamed series is unknown, but filming appears well underway. The focus is on building and test the cars, an insider-view on the commercial side, how the drivers and team members have prepared for the season.

That the series is officially signed off further hints to the more open future fans might expect under Liberty's F1 reign.
    Sounds very cool. Reminds me of the BBC documentary series of their 1993 season

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Never heard anyone describe Hamilton as being unable to overtake... particularly compared to Rosberg.

The Mercedes of recent years... and also seemingly this year.... have had trouble running in dirty air particularly compared to say the Red Bull.
    It has been pretty obvious the past few years. Hamilton on the radio saying he can't get around. His gap to whoever is in front or behind him shows he loses a lot more time when overtaking competitive cars then other drivers. If you can put a Redbull, Mercedes, or Ferrari between you and Hamilton you have given yourself a huge advantage. Hamilton just seems to give up and claim its impossible to pass.

had no idea they did that. will watch the '93 after work...

Amazon to document McLaren's 2017 F1 season

Sounds very cool. Reminds me of the BBC documentary series of their 1993 season

For the most part it is going to take a few more races to see if on track passing has really been hindered by the new rules package.
    . I Don't think Liberty Media has figured out how to introduce the " Shake n' Bake " to F1 yet! On track passing amongst front markers has been nearly non existent for years
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Pretty boring race. The only point of interest was the pit stop strategy, which worked for Vettel. If this is going to be what the rest of the year is like...yawn. Curious how many one stop races we will see.

Good to see Ferrari give MB a challenge. It will be interesting to see how much competition Buttocks will give Hamilton at MB.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Australia is always a wierd race and not indicative of the season. All the teams will make adjustments. Good to see 2 top constructors on level ground for once.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

OUT UNTIL SOCHI? THE CURIOUS CASE OF PASCAL WEHRLEIN AND F1 SUPER SUB GIOVINAZZI

This is very, very strange.

Absolutely not about his fitness.

Clash of Mercedes backed and Toto managed driver in Ferrari backed team, Ferrari wanting Giovinazzi up to speed for 2018 - maybe for a Haas drive, Maybe a Haas drive when Hass inevitably ditch Kevin or when Grosjean goes to Ferrari, Sauber not paying his salary (they have form for that), Pascal already has a reputation for being a Prima Donna and difficult to work with... did he throw his toys out of the pram again?

But it's 100% not about his fitness/bad back

"As the Wheels Turn", the continuing soap opera of F1.

The whole not fit enough story sure sounding fishy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Too good to miss

Pascal Wehrlein sits another Grand Prix out, a risky move in a risky business?

Only he knows for sure.

But Pascal Wehrlein must also know that he is playing a game more dangerous in the longer term than squirting an oddball three-wheeler around a Miami stadium as part of a bit-of-fluff event.

The back injury he sustained in January’s Race of Champions has caused him to miss the first test at Barcelona and all bar the Friday practice sessions of the Australian Grand Prix.

It has now been confirmed that he will miss this weekend’s Chinese GP, too, and that his participation in Bahrain is in doubt.

Back in time for Sochi? It’s Russian Roulette.

The 22-year-old German insists that he has recovered from the injury but not yet the hole that it knocked in his pre-season training.

Such precaution is understandable given that the new cars, the fastest in history, place a greater physical demand on drivers. But although Formula 1 has changed with the times and become less risk-averse, old attitudes are ingrained.

Sauber is supportive of Wehrlein. For now. As were we all, it was impressed by the performance of Italian stand-in Antonio Giovinazzi in Melbourne, in a car much improved from the one that Wehrlein experienced in Barcelona.

And with that, the undeniably talented individual, who last winter was under consideration for the best seat in the house alongside Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes-Benz – ironically he says that a lack of experience cost him the job – is on a career precipice. Already overlooked by Force India, now Wehrlein’s mental toughness is being called into question.

Thirty years ago another hot property arrived in Australia and flunked. Stefano Modena, the newly crowned Formula 3000 champion, replaced Riccardo Patrese at Bernie Ecclestone’s Brabham, qualified mid-grid for the season finale and called it quits, knackered, after 31 of 82 laps in Adelaide.

An opportunity he couldn’t refuse had worked against him, and five subsequent seasons of F1, including podium finishes in Monaco and Montreal, were insufficient to wash away the stain.

His stuff wasn’t right.

Macho F1 demands unreasonable acts, not measured responses. Men who spring from steaming wreckage and sprint to the pits to grab the spare; men who sit in a hip-bath of petrol because they have broken their neck to be there; and men who drive with bandaged burned hands lest their team founder in the aftermath of the sudden death of its founder.

Men like Derek Warwick, Nigel Mansell and Denny Hulme; men you’d want on your side in a pub fight.

Of course, if Jackie Stewart were on your side, chances are that there would be mediation instead – chaired by a man bestowed everlasting respect for scoring a most remarkable GP victory at the world’s most dangerous circuit with a broken wrist laced tightly into a plastic cast.

And Stewart reckons Niki Lauda’s comeback at Monza in 1976 the bravest sporting act he has witnessed, the Austrian peeling strips of fried skin from his scalp every time he removed his crash helmet.

The cerebral Lauda was not averse to reasoned response. It’s just that Ferrari had gone behind his back and signed Carlos Reutemann, not a name on Niki’s dance card, as replacement. There was no way on God’s green Earth that Lauda was going to let the Argentinian benefit from his hard work at the Scuderia.

Hence his unreasonable act of bringing his return forward.

There could be no questioning his mental toughness after that – even though Lauda later admitted that he was terrified. Nor after he had withdrawn from the title showdown with James Hunt at a flooded Fuji. He had earned the right to do so. Everybody thought so – except Enzo Ferrari.

The latter measured his drivers against the most daring of all: Tazio Nuvolari.

When in 1925 a try-out of a GP Alfa Romeo at Monza ended with a fiery crash, Nuvolari discharged himself early from hospital on the agreement that he would do nothing ‘imprudent’.

His understanding of that word must have differed from that of his doctors, for he had himself patched and padded in such a way that he could swing a leg over a 350cc Bianchi motorbike.

In this trussed fashion he was able to win the GP of Nations at Monza. Though no doubt he rejoiced at the race’s shortening from 400 to 300km because of bad weather, his was still a 2hr 25min battle against rivals, the elements and pain.

Nine years later he broke his left leg when he crashed a Maserati 8CM – Nuvolari blamed a quartet of baulking Scuderia Ferrari Tipo Bs – at Alessandria in April 1934.

Five weeks later, leg in plaster and the Maserati jury-rigged so that he could operate all its pedals with his good right leg, he finished fifth in the Avusrennen, despite using tyres unsuited to the wet conditions.

The following week, however, even he had to admit physical defeat after six laps of the Eifelrennen at the bone-jarring Nürburgring. But, like Lauda, he had earned the right to do so.

For all Wehrlein’s achievements to date, he has yet to be so accorded, hence the sniping at his perceived weakness.

He and his handlers must have their reasons for the decisions taken. For their sakes I hope that they meet with the somewhat twisted needs and values extant in modern F1, no matter how compassionate it purports to be.

Meanwhile, Giovinazzi must be rubbing his gloves. Might he, with useful Sauber experience behind him, next winter be under consideration for the best seat in the house – alongside Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari?

Only he knows for sure.

Great race in China.

Verstappen's first lap, Vettel's passes.

The China Grand Prix was much more entertaining than the Australia GP. More passes and plenty of strategy. Hopefully there won't be too many more races that run at 1:00 AM in my time zone.

Alonso to skip Monaco GP to contest Indy 500

Wow.

Fernando Alonso is to make a shock assault on the Indianapolis 500 this year, and will therefore skip the clashing Monaco Grand Prix.

The surprise move has come against the backdrop of a disappointing start to the 2017 Formula 1 season for the Spaniard, with the McLaren-Honda package not delivering all that had been hoped.

However, despite Monaco perhaps offering McLaren its best chance of a result early in the campaign, the lure of contesting the iconic Indy 500 has proved too much for Alonso.

Following weeks of secret talks involving Honda, McLaren and Alonso, agreement has been reached for the two-time F1 champion to race in a McLaren-Honda entry run by Andretti Autosport, which will be painted in McLaren's iconic orange livery.

It will be Alonso’s first attempt on IndyCar’s most famous race and his first experience of oval racing.

“I’m immensely excited that I’ll be racing in this year’s Indy 500, with McLaren, Honda and Andretti Autosport," said the Spaniard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    The China Grand Prix was much more entertaining than the Australia GP. More passes and plenty of strategy. Hopefully there won't be too many more races that run at 1:00 AM in my time zone.
    Yes it was. And with the new cars this year laps time were 4+ seconds faster per lap than last year.

I think that is cool. At least I will be paying attention to Indy this year. Just happened to catch it last year in Hawaii only to watch an f1 super-licensed driver win it. (Fuel strategy notwithstanding). Would love to see Alonso (Zac Brown's best driver in the world) (can't argue with him) come to grips with the brickyard. More power to him and McLaren-Honda.