Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Originally posted by CantDog
    Ok, if Jimi had not died, his next concert would have been with this person.(the show he missed because he was too busy binging on his girlfriends sleeping pills.)
    I'm not sure. I think he saw Eric Burdon the night of his death, and may have made plans to play with him--I don't know if that would have been a 'concert' though (show at a club?). The next real concert though, I'm not sure...

How 'bout the group he opened for during the Experience's first NA tour, and which patriotic group it was claimed had complained about the Experience enough to get them off the bill?
    [quote][//quote]

Hendrix's next show was supposed to be with Sly Stone.

Take the last train to clarksville and I'll meet ya at the station.

(Sad thing was I almost went to see the monkees in concert about 7 years ago when they had a reunion tour. Luckily I turned off Oldies 100 before it completely brainwashed me. On an oldies side note, I did go see a Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Chuck Berry concert. Lewis sucked, Richard was incredibly bizarre and made all these off color anti-semetic jokes, and Berry killed it.)

Patriotic band? I have no idea...Captain and Tenelle?

So where is Sly these days? Above ground, at least?

Originally posted by Dexter Rutecki

How 'bout the group he opened for during the Experience's first NA tour, and which patriotic group it was claimed had complained about the Experience enough to get them off the bill?
    What a fucking terrible sentence. D-. Patriotic group, though, meant patriotic organization--the Daughters of the American Revolution were blamed for getting Hendrix kicked off the tour, when really it was just all the little kids and their parents going to see the Monkees who couldn't handle Jimi.
    [quote][//quote]

So, you read that book yet? Listen to that crazy CD? Whaddaya think?

I parked in your parking space again last night.
    [quote][//quote]

Yeah, the CD is in regular rotation. Do you want me to mail you the stuff or just drop it by next time I'm in NY?

Morrison is really really trashed. And I'm not buying that american poet stuff now. "Fuck you in the ass" and "little pussy" just arent very poetic. That version or red house kicks, and Hendrix plays some mean rhythm guitar. I was really surprised by the quality too, I was expecting a lot worse.

Enjoying that parking spot eh?

Well, I enjoyed it for a night, but had to move the car again last night.
    I'll just get that stuff from you whenever I see you again. I only listened to the CD recently because you reminded me of it, and I read the book this past spring, so...
    Bring them to Fenway.
    [quote][//quote]

You mean for the world series right?

bump.
    it's starting to feel like a hendrix-fueled night:

i've always wanted to hear the tapes of jimi and miles davis jamming together. quincy troupe claims to have heard them first hand or to have them in his possession (I can't remember which anymore)....
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 11-02-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Wow, I am a geek.

Funny thing about seeing this now is just last week Buster said to me (because I had posted something recently about how I used to have a Hendrix problem), "You still have a Hendrix problem." Seeing this thread just confirms to what degree that problem existed, and something that deep seated won't just go away. It's like musical hepatitis.

Borderline embarrassing--the Hendrix trivia contest and questions about guitar technique...

Also, I should really get the book and CD back from cantdog at some point, as it's been about 12 years...
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I never played guitar, so some things that are probably readily evident to a guitar player are difficult for me to discern.

At the start of the Winterland (Rykodisc) version of Killing Floor, featuring Jack Cassady, during that (32 bar?) intro that Jimi plays really fast, is Jack Cassady playing? In other words, are those bottom tones coming from a bass, or Jimi's e-string (which was probably an e-flat string)?

Just wondering. Robert Johnson craziness if the bass part is Jimi.

Jimi's not Travis picking or chickin picking like Robert Johnson, he's flatpicking the root & 2nd, and woodshedding the piss out of the rest of the chord. He's also downtuned to Eb (1/2 step), like you mentioned, with a little flange and a fuckton of overdriven tube distortion and volume.

This guy has it pretty close, which is the best you can do with Hendrix:

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    You mean for the world series right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post

Also, I should really get the book and CD back from cantdog at some point, as it's been about 12 years...
    And 3 World Series
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    bump.
    it's starting to feel like a hendrix-fueled night:

i've always wanted to hear the tapes of jimi and miles davis jamming together. quincy troupe claims to have heard them first hand or to have them in his possession (I can't remember which anymore)....
    nuther bump
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.