Ankle Surgery Update

I had my ankle surgery this morning. In to the OR at 9 and out of the hospital doors by 11:30.

Doc took a piece of bone and articular cartliage about the size od a dime. After taking the chip out he did a procedure called microfracture, in which he made some small holes in the spot the chip ca,e from to stimulate some bleeding. The bleeding is key to the healing of the area.

I got some nice pain killers in the recovery room too. I'm pretyy sure though my narcotic induced haze the nurse said she gave me morphine!!! The everydays stuff they gave me is vicodin. But as far as the pain goes, it is a fraction of what I experienced with my ACL reconstructions. So I am pretty optimistic for a speedy recovery.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Yay vin! if anyone can heal up quck its our pro trainer!

glad it dosnt hurt so bad

how long are you gonna be non weight-bearing?
    Gonna tell a story, morning glory, all about the serpentine fire

i had a similar operation performed a few years ago. the only thing holding me back from getting back on my skis after a week was the fact that the holes for the scopes hadn't completely healed over yet. you'll be back at it in no time.

3o3, not exactly sure. I have my follow up in a week. So at least that long. I am guessing at about 1.5 -2 weeks for NWB. Then after that maybe a few days or a week of partial WB. Hoping to be back on my bike in 3 weeks and maybe in the pool in 2.

Basom, hows the knee doing? Should be doing pretty good by now, its been about 3 or 4 weeks right?
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com