Olympus OMD E-M5 mkII... 40 mp shifting sensor...

I finally stepped up and got a real camera.. I wanted much better IQ than what I had (Panny P&S and bridge FZ200) but without the wt penalty for backpacking that a dslr would inflict (and be left home.. or on a glacier)... So I went m43... One feature that the M5mkII had which intrigued me was the shifting sensor mode for taking Hi Rez albeit still photos... I'm thinking camp landscape shots and sunsets etc.. I bring a Gorillapod.. may consider a light wt tripod if I can't get the gorilla to work but I think it will... anyway... I have been playing with the Hi Rez and am pretty gd impressed... I matched the M5mkII with the 12-40 2.8 weather proof lens (for starters)...

I am including 2 links to 2 comparo pics... shot of my kids toy cubbies and my currio... both are ISO 200, F 7.1, 32mm focal length, on a tri pod obviously... no cropping nor pp..

16 mp

40 mp

rumors are that Oly is working on a software update that supposedly will make the mode usable with moving subjects.. tho I'll believe it when I see it..
    Last edited by BaNosser; 03-01-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

I like your book choices.

Keep us informed.This is at the top of my list.Waiting for further reviews on the 40mp fact and fiction
    picador

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Thanks for that.Good review.Some more are coming out.Looks like I will also need at least the 12-40 2.8 pro lens for another$1000
    picador

I love my 12-40 2.8
    It's expensive, but I definitely recommend it. I use it for over 50% of my shots now

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I love my 12-40 2.8
    It's expensive, but I definitely recommend it. I use it for over 50% of my shots now
    That's the way I used to be, then I got the 40-150 2.8 PRO and the MC-14 teleconverter. My 12-40 is being neglected.

Congrats on the new EM-5MKII, BaNosser.

Interesting.I had no idea it would shift so much.

Any more experience with 40MP landscapes? That is my main interest.I was very disappointed with Oly 4/3 resolution for last fall's Aspen colors.
    picador