Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: groomsmen gifts

Quote Originally Posted by CDubz View Post
    so I am getting married in less than a month and need to get gifts for the groomsmen but haven't come up with any great ideas. want to get these guys something cool, relatively useful, and unique. with that said cuff links, ties, and the likes are out. thought about personalized flasks, maybe some sweet cowboy style belt buckles with their initials but neither one has really been the answer. any thoughts, anything you have gotten for being a groomsmen that you actually liked or thought was pretty cool.

frick all this little stuff that goes into a wedding i should have thought of earlier, but being a man its getting left to the last minute. thanks for any help.
    I think every guy that gets married goes thru the "i don't want to get the same old groomsmen gift" routine. In the end, it is a throwaway no matter how hard you work at it. You can rack your brain forever...in the end, it isn't worth it.

For me, I went with really nice humadors...thrown away by all my buddies I am sure after a few years...
    "I do look like the Arrow shirt man, I did lace up my skates professionally, and I did do a fabulous job finishing my muffin."

lots of great ideas in here, leatherman is a great idea, although I am pretty sure most if not all of my groomsmen already have one...

what do you think of taking them out to a nice dinner? we all like to eat and drink

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    lots of great ideas in here, leatherman is a great idea, although I am pretty sure most if not all of my groomsmen already have one...

what do you think of taking them out to a nice dinner? we all like to eat and drink
    Like a reverse bachelor party. Great idea! Just watch out because that could get EXPENSIVE real quick.

Beer of the month club, Steak of the month club, Potato chip of the....

I also like the engraved leatherman idea. Someone gave my wife an I matching engraved leatherman's as a wedding present. We still have them and remember who gave them to us.

I just yesterday received my beer of the month club's first shipment that was given to be as a groomsmen gift for being in a wedding over the winter. After sipping on a Boulder Brewing Co. Copper Ale, Choc Black Ale, and Smuttynose Porter tonight, I have to say that it made about as good as a groomsmen gift as possible.

Some of the cooler gifts I received are an engraved flask, a clock, and a single cigar case with cigar end cutter (you know the things bad guys use to cut fingers off of their victims). I almost forgot one of my favorite gifts, an engraved Zippo lighter.
    Last edited by Grange; 07-03-2008 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaBum View Post
    Give 'em a bridesmaid.
    Thats what I'm hoping to get from my buddy in august!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

My buddy gave us watches. They were pretty sweet and I wear mine more often than any watch I've had before.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Watches are pretty neat. I think I would like a watch as a groomsmen gift. I would really like some permanent shaving products though, or a knife, something I might use everyday. Watches are good though. I got a pretty good and affordable gifts site you guys might want to check out if you are looking for some gifts. http://www.groomsmen.com

It's probably a little late for this, but it always seemed like a waste of money to rent tuxes when attending weddings for my friends. When I got married two years ago, I bought each guy a pair of chaco sandals, patagonia khakis and a patagonia shirt short sleeved button up shirt that they wore instead of tuxes. They looked great and all of them still wear everything. Chaco has a "friends of Chaco" deal where they can set you up with what is basically pro pricing for something like this. I have other connections through a local outdoor store and they made the Patagonia fairly inexpensive for me too.

How about....

How about shaving kits? I hear those are wonderful wedding gifts. Everybody likes shaving kits and they always end up being used sometime. Nobody throws them away because everybody shaves all the time. We buy our wedding gifts at http://www.groomsmen.com

Hope this helps

Bill

For the flasks I was thinking of putting everyones favorite liquor in it. only problem with the flasks is my best man, my brother, is 18. Not sure the parents would be uber stoked on me giving my brother a flask of tequila.
    You're supposed to be getting something your groomsmen (brother) will be uber stoked with, not something to stoke your parents. If booze is inappropriate, let it be because your brother wouldn't want it.

I got all of my groomsmen old school checkered Vans.
    Most still have them...I see them come out a lot this time of year.

It's cool if there is a story of some sort behind it.

I once got caught up in a run of bluefish with my 3 groomsmen, surfcasting waist-deep at night and no one had pliers or a fish grip. They were pretty big ones, and plenty mean. It was kind of a shitshow; but all were released unharmed eventually. Definitely a good memory with all of them.

They all got Boga Grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by stump832 View Post
    You're horrid, and retarded, and you like the Yankees. You lose.

How about something like a decent quality socket set or something? Doesn't need to be huge, just buy whatever size set you can afford. It'll get used....

If you want to dress em up, get the ratchet handle engraved.

Perhaps book a day of cat skiing and give em all a certificate for the day?

helmet cams make good gifts too, haha
    Get a few of the VHoldR's that are getting blown out everywhere.
    My first sad little vid.

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    ++

Get initials engraved for a nice touch.
    I went this route and they seemed pretty psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftagain View Post
    helmet cams make good gifts.
    That would be a bomber gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Buke Skywalker View Post
    It's cool if there is a story of some sort behind it.

I once got caught up in a run of bluefish with my 3 groomsmen, surfcasting waist-deep at night and no one had pliers or a fish grip. They were pretty big ones, and plenty mean. It was kind of a shitshow; but all were released unharmed eventually. Definitely a good memory with all of them.

They all got Boga Grips.
    I like that!

Let me know what you gave to your groomsmen, I am getting married this January 2010, I have the same problem as yours, I cannot decide what to give. I want something unique, useful and can be remembered and will last at least for years. I found some perfect groomsmen gifts here. But still, don't know what to choose. Please give some advice, it is giving me a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanielprenaud View Post
    Let me know what you gave to your groomsmen, I am getting married this January 2010, I have the same problem as yours, I cannot decide what to give. I want something unique, useful and can be remembered and will last at least for years. I found some perfect groomsmen gifts here. But still, don't know what to choose. Please give some advice, it is giving me a hard time.
    + 1/2 a point for semi-pseudo-creative spam. At least the keyword anchor text was decently targeted....

spam is spam..by any other name...is still spam.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

You can get really nice pocket knives and get a local engraver to put their initials on them. I got a friend one for a milestone that had real bone scales and the laser burned his initials in nice and deep and clear.