FS: Splitboard - Option Makinen 164 w/ Voile hardware and Voile Skins

SOLD: 07/19/08

I'm selling my 164cm Option Makinen split snowboard. This board was split by myself with some input from World Boards here in Bozeman and Splitboard.com. I think it turned out really well. The board has some base and sidewall damage which has been fixed fairly well and made this a good candidate for a homemade split. It still rides well. I used the Voile Split Decision hardware kit to make the splitboard. I also bought the Voile Tractor Skins and Black Diamond cheat sheets. The board and skins have only been used for TWO days for touring. The skins look nearly brand new. The board was originally used for about two seasons of resort riding before splitting. The hardware, skins, and cheat sheets cost around $300 new and have barely been used.

07/17/08: Asking $250 plus shipping.

Pictures:

Here are some pictures of the sealed edges:

Here are two pictures showing the camber and the Varathane I used to seal up the cut edge with a couple coats.

Last edited by g_man80; 07-19-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: SOLD

does it come with bindings? any pics yet?
    two words: Glacier Park

Quote Originally Posted by snowjunkie View Post
    does it come with bindings? any pics yet?
    Sorry, no bindings, but it does come with the binding plates and hardware for mounting them. I've been slacking on the pictures. I'll have some uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

I'll let my buddy in Bozeman know about this ...

I'm gonna talk to my slowboarder friends and try to talk them into this. They need to come touring with me and stop being such a bunch of sallys

Got some pictures uploaded in the first post. Let me know if anyone wants a close-up of anything. The repair job isn't the best looking, as I used both black and clear p-tex, but it's pretty smooth and has held up so far.

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    What is the waist width and sidecut? Also where it was damaged is that sidewall/topsheet that is repaired? In the pic the edge looks in tact with the base filled and some sidwall work done.

Quote Originally Posted by DARYLL View Post
    What is the waist width and sidecut? Also where it was damaged is that sidewall/topsheet that is repaired? In the pic the edge looks in tact with the base filled and some sidwall work done.
    I don't remember the geometry off the top of my head, but I'll pull out the tape later and get some measurements. The sidewall, edge, and base were actually all in good shape after the impact with the rock. The damage was to the wood core where the edge instert ends. Initially the shop just put some epoxy between the base and core, clamped it down for 24hrs, and called it good. This worked for a little bit, but eventually it let go. I decided to cut out the base material so I could get better access to the damage with more epoxy. At this point I drilled some pilot holes and inserted some screws through the sidewall to add some strength. When the epoxy dried I p'texd the hell out of it. The edge is still intact and the board rides well. My plan was to get a taste of splitboarding and eventually which the hardware over to a board that's in better shape.

Does not come with Smith stickers.

Lowered price to $275 plus shipping.

Price lowered to $250 plus shipping.