Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    OH even better... now you are trying to put a family business of over 50 years out of business...I wonder what your boss thinks about that?

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    JarlyJong =

For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand.

Hush. Please.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    yeah man I just learned a new trick where you punch your thumb through an unopened can of beer, so no need to use a knife for shotgunning brews. It is the perfect trick now that summer is here
    until you cut your finger.

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    What the name of the shop?
    http://www.bergsskishop.com/
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Danno...I will sit down when you do

OH thanks for helping me Danno...I guess you don't know anything about the internet then. You just helped us

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    JarlyJong =
    For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand.
    this whole time ive been thinking that there was a link to this thread in webster next to the definition for egoism.

In case you have not seen next season's skis...here are a few

I'm not trying to help you or hurt you, but you're too foolish to see that. Quite frankly, I don't care about your family business and whether you do well or not. Make a million or fold, I don't care. So if my posting a link to your business, a link that I actually got from your profile, helps you, bully for you, I really don't care. I was merely answering a question posed by someone else.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

let everyone know who reads this thread, which has been bumped to the front page of this forum countless times by jarlyjong's egotistical need to assert himself, that he is associated with Berg's Ski & Snowboard.

do you really want to help support a douche like this?

skifishbum. need a chair to sit and admire your fence?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Do they come with a knife? if so i am totaly buying some new rossi skis. I really love me a good knife

Hey Mr. I work for PMGear and ski as good as any pro out there after skiing 4 years and I have designed many race winning cars. Thanks for getting the word out about us.

Didn't you ever go to business school... sometimes bad news is better than no news

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    My aunt lives in Sandnes and I stay with her every summer. I guess people have a hard time reading here. Put yourself in my shoes. What do your parents do? Did you ever go to their work place and see what they do...were they even involved in your life or you in thiers? I am born and raised in the ski business. It's not about being humble. Actually has nothing to do with that so get over yourselves and look at the whole picture. In the end this all started with a guy who was talking crap about Rossignol when he works for PMGear. Do you really think he is going to say anything good about the other company? Hello!!!
    interesting.

so am i to interpret this as being born and raised in the ski business gives one license to be an arrogant prick?

as for anybody on this thread tarnishing the reputation of your family business, i'd say that you're doing a pretty darn good job of that by your lonesome. I now have no desire to ever shop at your family's store, ever.

(in fact, has anybody considered printing up all of JB's remarks and sending them to his pops with a little note saying "Are you aware of the wonderful PR job your son is doing for the shop?"...I would think that would put a kibosh on his online hi-jinx mighty quickly).

the other thing that got my goat is the excuse "I don't spend much time in the alpine section."

if you work in a ski shop doesn't it behove you to be familiar with ALL of the product you sell?

i don't tele, but i'm at least familiar with the core brands and their skis (G3, Karhu, Black Diamond). i don't snowboard, but i am least familiar with the core brands (Burton, K2, Prior, etc). also, just cuz you tele doesn't mean you can't rock alpine gear (I know quite a few freeheelers who ski Bros). Additionally, you can pretty much demo any ski you want if you search it out. To wimper and whine about "well this ski wasn't at OR" isn't an excuse. if you own a shop you should be searching out new gear that might be intriguing to your customer base. we have a shop down in the San Francisco Bay Area that only carries Fischer, Volkl, and Head skis, yet the shop owner has told me a number of times that if there's any ski I'd like to demo he'd get it for me (this was in reference to both Goode and ScottyBob skis).

final note: given the post with the pix of Rossi's current model roster, something tells me that JB's shop sells Rossi and that the brand might very well make up a good portion of their sales, thus he would naturally be inclined to woe the loss of such a company.

that said, i'm off to eat some lutefisk, because the lye soaked, reconstituted fish with a jell-o like substance is far more satisfying than listening to this blowhard stoke his ego any longer.

as for my contributions to this shit show, I humbly apologize for allowing it to fester for this long.
    Last edited by dookey67; 06-19-2008 at 03:48 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Hey Mr. I work for PMGear and ski as good as any pro out there after skiing 4 years and I have designed many race winning cars. Thanks for getting the word out about us.

Didn't you ever go to business school... sometimes bad news is better than no news
    i never claimed to be as good as any pro
    infact ill claim to be no where near as good as them
    I am also not mr pmgear, that would probably be splat.
    i just do what i can to help splat have his dream.

you claimed to know dick about racecar engineering
    you infact, dont know dick
    i do
    i corrected you and explained to you in a very simple manner, by giving you a brief note that when i was a racecar engineer, I was quite successful, and that i do know dick about racecar engineering

bad publicity is still publicity, you're right, but if you'll read what i wrote, i simply connected you to that shop and asked a question for the reader to answer for his\herself. the judgement on whether its bad or good lies to the reader of the post. Im assuming that since you read it, and have a negative tone in your reply, that you think its bad publicity. Whose fault is that?

i used the terms jong and douche to refer to you as it has been established quite well in this thread, that you are both.

go do a google search for neptune mountaineering and tell me you want that publicity....

i think its funny how many people are telling you to sit down and you still continue

a little stubborn are we?

In the end this all started with a guy who was talking crap about Rossignol when he works for PMGear. Do you really think he is going to say anything good about the other company? Hello!!!
    See, this is where your cluelessness about this place shows through. We know pechelman, the guy is the mayor of tech talk for fuck's sake, when pechelman pees he clogs the toilet! And, see, we know that even if he's designing skis for PMGear, he's an honest and smart guy who will say when he thinks a ski is good and when he doesn't. If he liked their skis, he'd say so. I don't know if I agree with him about Rossi, but I am sure that it is his honest opinion. Sure. of. it.

You, on the other hand, have no history here, and nobody here knows you enough to trust you. And your shop sells Rossi. You do the math.

I am born and raised on Alpine skis but I fell in love with Telemark about 14 years ago and don't have much desire to Alpine ski. Sorry if that hurts your feelings but it's just not as interesting to me anymore. I snowboard a few times a year and I do get on Alpine/A.T. gear a little because I have to so I can sell it. My brother runs the Alpine shop so I don't have to. We are not a big box store so I don't need to know everything about everything. I specialize in Telemark/BC/Nordic/Snowshoes...that is what I use and that is what I know best. Better to be master of some then master of none as they say. I never said I was an expert at anything...just that I happen to know a bit about things because of my experience. Not saying others don't know as much or more...just dropped my 2 cents or ore in ok.

Sorry if you are so offended but look at some of your own comments before you get your panties in a wad about mine. I just wanted to know why this guy was talking so much crap about another company and now we know. Subject is dead...Rossi is not!!!

while i help pm gear out and do work for them
    im not so sure id go so far as to say that "i work for them"

i dont get a check in the mail....though occasionally i get skis i design

and im not really sure why this turned into an us vs them / pmgear vs rossi

this was always about rossi and my belief that they were and still are behind the curve
    this is their first REAL step into this market since the axiom and it will make or break them and im not sure they are able to catch up and survive given that the majority of their sales arent powder skis and arent in this country. (as best as i can tell)

lastly
    it was my point that i wouldnt miss them and that maybe its better to get dead horses pushed to the side of the trail.
    why pump money into a possibly dying part of this market?
    what happens to that money should they die?
    wouldnt it have been better had it been spent in a company that will be around, even if its K2 or Solly?

this is business
    not a sandbox

I just wanted to know why this guy was talking so much crap about another company and now we know.
    We already knew. Because he honestly doesn't think much of their products. To insinuate otherwise, when you don't know him and don't know this place, shows how much of an egotistical blowhard you are.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm on my second batch of popcorn.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

i haven't seen jarlybart get this pwn3d since he joined telemarktips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

In the end this all started with a guy who was talking crap about Rossignol when he works for PMGear. Do you really think he is going to say anything good about the other company? Hello!!!

Let's just say when push comes to shove I respect his opinion over yours any day of the week.

I finally realized why you don't just shut the fuck up and sit down...It must be hard to sit down with your head up your ass

(BTW-Brklyn gives good advise, I suggest you take it.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Let's just say when push comes to shove I respect his opinion over yours any day of the week.

I finally realized why you don't just shut the fuck up and sit down...It must be hard to sit down with your head up your ass

(BTW-Brklyn gives good advise, I suggest you take it.)
    thanks for my first signature EVER

god damn I cant believe how much you guys can whine and bitch about NOTHING. HOnestly do you have nothing better to do with your time but have petty arguements over the internet...get a life seriously.

I try to come on here to get some god damn information on rossignol and all i get is 9 pages of you guys crying and fighting like two 11 year old girls. Christ.