Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I guess what we don't know is if Rossignol will be able to keep using the same tech that Lib is using when it comes to Magnatraction? I only spent one day on a NAS and they were a 174 so super short so I never did feel comfortable on them. You really have to over size anything you get with that but our Snowboard guy loves their snowboards. I still need to try one(lib or Rossi with magnatraction). I will post what I find out as soon as I hear something(unless someone hears something sooner )

Long Live Rossignol!!!

This thread is more interesting than I anticipated.

I think this was posted once before:

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    we're clear for takeoff!

Shooting for Hall of Fame! Excuse me while I blast off...
    Brought tears to my eyes.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Oh you guys are funny...can't a guy have a hobby?

Yes I have been collecting coke since I was 9 years old and I just bought a new computer at the time and was excited since I could make movies with it...so I did. I am a geek and the first to admit it. Enjoy the show!!!

DUDE HOLY COCA COLA

SOOOOOOO MUCH COKE TO KILLLLLLLL

Is that really your collection. You might not be so bad after all. Will you be mad at me after I drink it all

see...now you get it

and yes scary that it's mine and it's bigger now then when I made that video

Oh well...I keep mexican cokes in the fridge and the keg is always tapped(with beer that is...Portland Brewing Company Organic Red ATM)

Yeah crazy but fun
    Last edited by jarlybart; 06-19-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Don't mean to interrupt...

It would be sad to see Rossi go, though I don't think they are going anywhere. I've had a couple pairs of the BC's, yes the early years were better and I landed myself a pair of Raven's this season, fucking loved em. There was a rumor floating around earlier in the year that Rossi was going to come out with a reverse camber ski? Anybody know any truth to this?

What would happen to warranties, given the worst case scenario?
    Is it winter yet?

jarlybart, you ski with a knife? that is some classic shit right there! What do you use that knife for? Looks just like my fillet knife. sweet bro.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    That's it I'm playing the dad card
    Does your dad know your acting like a dick on the internet?
    I can't believe that could be good for the business.
    I've got a lot of old rossis in my museum.

No Pm gear wasn't at the on snow demo. I think it snowed that day and I'm a 40somthin slacker who doesn't let anything interfer w/ pow days.
    Hopefully next year we'll be there and even have a few tele demos.
    Do you have any pics of your museum?
    WTF is the knife on your belt for?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

in all fairness, i ski with a rescue hook on my waist belt on my pack everyday

you never know when someone will go headfirst into a treewell, and have their pack hung up on a tree branch or something preventing you from extracting them. or anything else with getting tangled in pole straps, idiot snowboarders with runaway boards and leashes, or have a fish to fillet when it jump out of the river infront of you. fish are best filleted fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    That's it I'm playing the dad card
    Does your dad know your acting like a dick on the internet?
    I can't believe that could be good for the business.
    he lost a ton of business for his shop based on his douchiness at TTips, yet it didn't seem to bother him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

MMMMMM

IM GONNA DRINK IT ALL

AND LEAVE YOU A PILE OF EMPTIES TO RECYCLE

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    I guess what we don't know is if Rossignol will be able to keep using the same tech that Lib is using when it comes to Magnatraction? I only spent one day on a NAS and they were a 174 so super short so I never did feel comfortable on them. You really have to over size anything you get with that but our Snowboard guy loves their snowboards. I still need to try one(lib or Rossi with magnatraction). I will post what I find out as soon as I hear something(unless someone hears something sooner )

Long Live Rossignol!!!

Hmmm...

JB, for somebody professing to be "in the know" about skis you sure got your intel miffed up.

1. Lib Tech NAS do not (repeat DO NOT) come in a 174 length.

http://www.libtechnas.com/0708_Nas_catalog.pdf

2. It's "Magnetraction" (with an "E", not an "A").

3. Rossignol DOES NOT make any skis with Magnetraction (that's a patented/patent pending technology owned by Lib-Tech).
    In fact, Rossignol and Lib-Tech aren't related other than to have been part of the whole Quicksilver conglomerate.

Get your facts straight cocheese.

if, in fact, your post to that effect was intended as an attempt at humor, however, i would dub it an EF (that would be Epic Fail for the abbreviationally challenged).
    Last edited by dookey67; 06-19-2008 at 03:00 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

If I had a sweet knife I would use it for the following things; shotgunning beers, trimming loose threads on my sweet sweaters, trimming loose ptex on my skis, carving sticks on the lift, actually there are alot of cool things to do with a fillet knife. Thanks for the sweet idea jarlybart

Danno you are wrong...I actually got business from being on TTips though that was not my intention...just because I didn't get any of yours doesn't mean it didn't happen. I actually gave away a bunch of bindings to families with kids and needed something to get them started out on...for free...didn't even charge them shipping.

Lib did make a 174(ok might have been a 176???) but that was about 3 years ago...like I said...I am a Telemark skier so I don't spend a ton of time in the Alpine section of the shop(just for boot fitting since the ovens are in there)

Yes I wear a knife sometimes and it also from Norway but I don't wear knickers that often. I pull them out for the Telemark Festival I put together every year up at Hoodoo(our local hill). The knife is good for so many things that the list would be to long but I always have it around just in case. Good stuff mainerd

P.S.

My family hails for Norway, up in Sandnes, outside of Stavanger.

Please to not let this Jarlybart knumbskull sully the reputation of the people of my forefather's homeland.

All the Norwegians I know are actually cool and incredibly humble.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

My aunt lives in Sandnes and I stay with her every summer. I guess people have a hard time reading here. Put yourself in my shoes. What do your parents do? Did you ever go to their work place and see what they do...were they even involved in your life or you in thiers? I am born and raised in the ski business. It's not about being humble. Actually has nothing to do with that so get over yourselves and look at the whole picture. In the end this all started with a guy who was talking crap about Rossignol when he works for PMGear. Do you really think he is going to say anything good about the other company? Hello!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTslackcountry View Post
    If I had a sweet knife I would use it for the following things; shotgunning beers, trimming loose threads on my sweet sweaters, trimming loose ptex on my skis, carving sticks on the lift, actually there are alot of cool things to do with a fillet knife. Thanks for the sweet idea jarlybart
    dont forget 'cougar' hunting in Aspen.

ok Aspen does have one good thing about it other than have a sweet movie named after it

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    yeah man I just learned a new trick where you punch your thumb through an unopened can of beer, so no need to use a knife for shotgunning brews. It is the perfect trick now that summer is here
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

Danno you are wrong...I actually got business from being on TTips though that was not my intention.
    how do you know how much business you lost? I'll bet my life that you sullied the reputation of your shop and made a number of people say "I will never buy from that shop." I saw numerous people post as much. The fact that you sold something to someone on TTips does nothing to dispel that notion.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Danno...don't speak of things you know nothing about...isn't this what you were trying to tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    yeah man I just learned a new trick where you punch your thumb through an unopened can of beer, so no need to use a knife for shotgunning brews. It is the perfect trick now that summer is here
    No good without pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how do you know how much business you lost? I'll bet my life that you sullied the reputation of your shop and made a number of people say "I will never buy from that shop." I saw numerous people post as much. The fact that you sold something to someone on TTips does nothing to dispel that notion.
    What the name of the shop?

we did pretty well with neptune mountaineering, i bet we can do OK getting his shop to lose business from this market as well.

ill say i never even heard of neptune before that thread, now i wont even consider going there.

Danno...don't speak of things you know nothing about...isn't this what you were trying to tell me?
    I repeat, how do you know about business you lost? You are a smug know it all, so please explain that one to me. I understand how you might know of sales you made on TTips, and I understand that you gave away stuff, good for you. But how on earth can you profess to know how many sales you lost? And how do you profess to know how many sales you are currently losing due to your asshattery here?