Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    tail rocker... wow... that's original right? nobody has done that before...

i was just saying that its not totally accurate to say that all 186s dont have tail rocker.
    wasnt claiming anything other than that.

...just as it was not accurate of me to say squads are squads (ie 189/191 are most definitely a different breed)

wow. you guys need to go skiing.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post

i was just saying that its not totally accurate to say that all 186s dont have tail rocker.
    wasnt claiming anything other than that.

...just as it was not accurate of me to say squads are squads (ie 189/191 are most definitely a different breed)
    i was criticizing njfreeskier's position that rossi is being original or creative with the s7 because of its tail rocker. just reminds me of a EHP186.

Only fair to say the Broker's rocker isn't original either for its rocker considering the DP120 (and of course the variety of other rocker skis on the market).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jSki View Post
    Who are you? Seriously, 2000 posts since November, do you even ski?
    The favorite Summit County insult comes out

Making ski for maggots is not big or profitable business.

i was criticizing njfreeskier's position that rossi is being original or creative with the s7 because of its tail rocker. just reminds me of a EHP186.

Only fair to say the Broker's rocker isn't original either for its rocker considering the DP120 (and of course the variety of other rocker skis on the market).
    ah gotcha

well the dp120, technically, doesnt have any tip rocker, but just a long shovel
    at least on the 2 pair ive seen. though maybe im mistaken.
    the 186 has a shorter shovel and the addition of genuine rocker.
    more like an 193ehp, but with a longer shovel than that.

interesting to note
    through age, use, or what have you, the first ski i ever skied that had tip rocker was a rossignol ski ....a very old axiom.
    "lucious tip profile" indeed.

Hugh Conway Guest
    ah gotcha

well the dp120, technically, doesnt have any tip rocker, but just a long shovel
    at least on the 2 pair ive seen. though maybe im mistaken.

interesting to note
    through age, use, or what have you, the first ski i ever skied that had tip rocker was a rossignol ski ....a very old axiom.
    "lucious tip profile" indeed.

Quiksilver ain't ever going to make money in a segment that sells a couple thousand pairs a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post

Quiksilver ain't ever going to make money in a segment that sells a couple thousand pairs a year.
    agreed

which is why its again perplexing to me that they made the squad when the public wanted them to make a powder ski forever...and why im on my little rant here

its been a couple years now since this acquisition and theyve still failed to make money
    what does that say?

Hugh Conway Guest
    agreed

which is why its again perplexing to me that they made the squad when the public wanted them to make a powder ski.

POWDER SKIS DONT SELL WELL EITHER

this is my last comment here;
    so i lied
    1 last comment
    one more statement like those and you could have the liars hat trick!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

POWDER SKIS DONT SELL WELL EITHER
    apparently, according to the desire of Quicksilver to sell of rossignol after such a short period together, neither does anything rossignol makes
    Last edited by pechelman; 06-18-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: size 7 font. really. how old are we today? :p

Hugh Conway Guest
    apparently, according to the desire of Quicksilver to sell of rossignol after such a short period together, neither does anything rossignol makes
    Nope, the ski industry is in the shitter.

Powder skis & broheim skis don't sell many pairs at retail

My point was two-fold. First, it wasn't that Rossi was being ground breaking, innovative or progressive with regards to the future of skiing or skiing technology, but that they were taking steps in the right direction in catching up with the rest of the skiing world by adding rocker to their lineup and being innovative for them. Second, i was trying to say that the BROcker and the S7 were different skis and they had different features, one of which was the rocker in the tail. From what i've read on here and elsewhere, the BROcker was designed with tip rocker only and that the tails were flat. Rossi is far from creative, i was just making the point that they are moving in the right direction.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    My point was two-fold. First, it wasn't that Rossi was being ground breaking, innovative or progressive with regards to the future of skiing or skiing technology, but that they were taking steps in the right direction in catching up with the rest of the skiing world by adding rocker to their lineup and being innovative for them. Second, i was trying to say that the BROcker and the S7 were different skis and they had different features, one of which was the rocker in the tail. From what i've read on here and elsewhere, the BROcker was designed with tip rocker only and that the tails were flat. Rossi is far from creative, i was just making the point that they are moving in the right direction.
    Funny, I think overly specialized sell to the broheim only, skis are exactly the wrong trend for ski industry growth. It's just jerking off the people who's money you already have

Make it fun for the gapers if you want to grow the industry. with more time and money Quiksilver might have been able to do it. Polka doted skis appeal to the market you don't already have

but the bad graphics market is already owned by k2

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift

Make it fun for the gapers if you want to grow the industry. [/I]
    These S7's can do just that. Of course the average consumer will be too scared to buy a pair of these, and the shop kid will probably pigeon hole it as a big mountain AK ski, but the fact is, this S7 makes skiing variable snow so damn easy, anybody can get into it and enjoy the off piste(even in crappy conditions) while still being able to enjoy the groomers as well. The leap I made with my skiing on the two different days I tried the S7 this year was similar to the leap I made when I got my first pair of Fat skis in 1999 (which coincidentally were the Bandit XXX--that ski, along with cut 11.5 were revolutionary at the time) Since then I have owned K2, Igneous, Volant, Salomon and others) so I am not completely on the Rossi bandwagon as I have tried other brands.

This S7 can be the ski that will make it fun for the gapers and bring new people into the sport, while allowing us to slay it, and pro's like Sage to push the limits of what is possible in places like AK.
    I am going to convince all my friends I ski with to get a pair of S7's next year because I dont want to wait for their slow asses all day.

I have never been more excited about a ski than I am with what Rossignol is coming out with this fall. After this weekend and Summer solstice, we begin the creep back to shorter days and eventually winter and then I will slay the shit out of the hills on my new skis. Bring it Ullr!!!
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

I know I'll take heat for this but Rossi has always made some kick ass race skis. I like others but I've always been drawn back to Rossi when it comes to going fast on ice. Guess I'd better stock up on some WC skis while the gettin is good.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

FYI...Rossignol is not going out of business...trust me. Don't go and freak out because they most likely will be sold to the old owners who really love the company and what it's doing. So many companies have been bought and sold the last 10 years it will make your head spin but in the end all the companies are still around. It's the small companies we have to worry about being around or getting bought out by bigger companies.

ahhh.....

now that is some old skool lov'n right there :-)

For some reason I got the idea that I could ski like Plake when I was younger so I used 7G's for mogul skis. I never did kill myself but I can say they were not the best for that purpose. Boy those baby's would fly though
    Last edited by jarlybart; 06-18-2008 at 02:51 PM.

When the Bandit series came out some 10 or so years ago, it sure was a very popular ski. I think whenever a ski company goes under, everyone who skis, whether you ski that brand or not should be bummed. Of course if it's due to poor craftmanship or poor business accumen, well then that's a whole different story.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Wow. Another hater parade of folks who know everything about every ski.

It is never good when an iconic company like Rossi goes in the red, no matter if you like them or not. It's just an indicator that our sport and industry are in the midst of a serious struggle. When the gas to get to Mt. Hood, Big Bear, Stowe, MJ or where ever your area is now costs as much as a sweet pair of gloves, mid level goggle or low priced binding, you know you're in trouble. My guess is that this is just the first tremor in an industry shake up over the next few years.

That said, hate all you want but the 7XK, XXX and B-Squad are some of the best freight trains of their respective eras, bar none. In my limited experience, most of the folks who hated these skis later admitted to not being able to handle them.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    That said, hate all you want but the 7XK, XXX and B-Squad are some of the best freight trains of their respective eras, bar none. In my limited experience, most of the folks who hated these skis later admitted to not being able to handle them.
    I had XXXs.
    I hated them.
    By no means b/c I couldn't handle them. They just sucked, way too much sidecut and not enough go juice. Plus I broke em, I'm totally not a ski breaker.

"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

[QUOTE=The Reverend Floater;1892729]Wow. Another hater parade of folks who know everything about every ski.

It is never good when an iconic company like Rossi goes in the red, no matter if you like them or not. It's just an indicator that our sport and industry are in the midst of a serious struggle. When the gas to get to Mt. Hood, Big Bear, Stowe, MJ or where ever your area is now costs as much as a sweet pair of gloves, mid level goggle or low priced binding, you know you're in trouble. My guess is that this is just the first tremor in an industry shake up over the next few years.
    QUOTE]

exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    Actually yes...car designers are drivers themselves most of the time and they have the true drivers sitting right next to them. I am not saying that you are not a smart guy as you have to be to make skis...just scares me a bit that you have no history in the sport yourself yet you are making skis. Take it as you will I just can't believe that a company like Bro would hire you just for your computer skills. Oh and never tell someone to sit down...I have been doing this alot longer than you little man(or fat guy if you really are a computer nerd) so step off. Maybe go ski a few more runs on some of the other guys skis before you start putting them down smart guy.
    Sit down.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."