Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Well, all this shit slinging has been kind of entertaining, always good to see we won't be overly-impressed by recent arrivals, but with the thread title in mind, sfb and I were just talking and discussed the scenario of....

what would happen if the Chinese bought Rossi and moved production to China, like they did Rubbermaid?

phillipe r?
    outsourcing takes place in every industry. doesn't seem like any sort of stretch for it to happen with rossi. i mean what's the worst that could happen, shittier skis, same or higher prices, and bigger profits for rossi.
    there has been a lot of talk in this thread about the old owners buying them back. if thats the case i doubt they would move production to china.

personally, i think we should all chip in and buy rossi. we'll be the skiing equivalent of the green bay packers. think about it...the collective owning there ski company. between the wide array of backgrounds we have on this board it would be awesome. we would have all fronts covered.

what do you think splat?

I can see it now:

The Cock Rocker - Rossi's rockered ski with the classic Coq Sportif logo!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I personally would love to see the old owners come back since they probably can put the most heart back into their line. I know they didn't want to sell in the first place but its hard to go up against the likes of K2 these days and keep the prices where they are. I guess we just wish them the best and hope/pray they don't go to China. Before to long they may have to move to the states and make em here

Liberal Genius Guest
    For Gods sake, leave the comments about his "wife" to yourselves. Let's demonstrate a little class here please.

love that you accuse me of saying shit that I never said, but when called on it, you don't even retract it let alone apologize. Nice work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sorry I was reading all your comments on here to see how many times you said something about me on TTips and I lost count. I am sorry and I was mistaken. You are right and Dookey misread your comments so i figured I missed something. Just a little up in arms about some on here and the Dung eater who was to much of a puss to put his name on an email to my shop this morning. Nice try...when do you want your button?

wow.... i work in the ski industry, and it has taken me a long time to catch up on what has been going on since i posted in like page 2 or something....

damn.
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Plus I was attempting to keep on topic

I guess summer is here and everyone is looking for a reason to be pissed...hard to imagine it would be with people who have the same interest???

“The word user is the word used by the computer professional when they mean idiot.” - David Barry

What's with those teeth?

Cant ya git dem fixd?

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post

And yes...My wife is hot!!!

[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sparkle View Post

Still impressed at how well your nickers match your sweater.... :nono:

Yo Pechelman! Get after this shit. I need rocket skis.

Jarly, for the record, I never "missread" any of Danno's posts.

It is you, my Norsk friend, who has been missreading mine.

I merely stated in my recent synopsis of this thread , that you had "apparantly been kicked off other sites." (please make extra note in regards to the use of the word "apparantly").

In case the word escapes you at the moment, I was using it this way:

"according to appearances, initial evidence, incomplete results, etc.; ostensible rather than actual: He was the apparent winner of the election."

naturally, not knowing your posting history on other sites (i.e. having incomplete evidence), i made sure to cover my hiney by using said word, so as not to cause any confusion or make fallacious accusations to this regard.

As for my line about that ("apparantly being kicked off other boards"), it was in reference to this quote from earlier in the thread (notice that it is not credited to Danno):

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    wait a second! jarly is a clueless goon? No fucking way! ? !?? And he had to stop posting at ttips cuz he was too big a clueless goon for even the clueless goon squad at ttips to deal with? No fucking way! / !??
    again, that's why i said "apparantly been kicked off other sites".

I have no proof to this extent, only the conjecture from some folks who have been on TGR a lot longer than you commenting on your posting history/nature over on other sites.

Anyway, just wanted to set the record straight that my reading comprehension skills are at least average to above.

Carry on...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

PICS OF WIFE NAKED AND DRINKING COCA COLA WILL MAKE IT ALL BETTER

It's the only way things will be better. She'll understand

All our differences can be settled with pics of naked wife. It's the fastest way to rocket yourself back to a solid rep here Jarl.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    My reading comprehension is fine. You obviously read the thread, and you keep contributing to the bickering in this thread, so you are a loser too, by your own logic
    I made one comment about how annoying it is to have to sift through 9 pages of your garbage to actually find any information...hardly bickering. Basically I was telling you to shut the fuck up and go do something constructive with your time. Sounds lke your buddy leroy is even calling you out for being such a douchbag...

Well, all this shit slinging has been kind of entertaining, always good to see we won't be overly-impressed by recent arrivals, but with the thread title in mind, sfb and I were just talking and discussed the scenario of....

what would happen if the Chinese bought Rossi and moved production to China, like they did Rubbermaid?

phillipe r?
    Nothing. Rossignol's not big enough for the gvt to care.
    A few hundreds of workers would loose their job, in France, in Spain and in Tunisia.
    The guys over at Skipass.com would bitch on a 80 pages thread.
    A few people like myself would swear to never buy a Rossignol or Dynastar ski again.
    On the plus side, Rossignol will make money, will issue a lot of cool softgoods. They would spend even more money on sponsorship to gain street cred and they would afford many new molds each year.

Re le Coq Sportif : Actualy, the only cool result of the Quicksilver ownership has been some nice clothes with the tricolour Coq. Like this one, on philippeRJr's back (shot on the Tignes dam):
    Last edited by philippeR; 06-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Rossi skis are okay, Dynastars are better (for me), but am I the only one that would miss a solid high-end binding going away? I know some here haven't warmed up to the PX line, but if those go away, it leaves us with the dwindling high DIN selections from Sallie and the only two choices from Marker (Duke/Jester). Personally, I like the idea of PX/Axials being in the game.

Now back to 10 more pages of reminders that it is summer-time in here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Rossi skis are okay, Dynastars are better (for me), but am I the only one that would miss a solid high-end binding going away? I know some here haven't warmed up to the PX line, but if those go away, it leaves us with the dwindling high DIN selections from Sallie and the only two choices from Marker (Duke/Jester). Personally, I like the idea of PX/Axials being in the game.

Now back to 10 more pages of reminders that it is summer-time in here...
    Don't forget the two new models that Marker is coming out with next fall...they doubled their line-up

I'm thinking of two words right now: "how convenient!" I woke up this morning with full intentions of going into work. After a shower and getting dressed, I was told not to come in. I said, "Shit, what am I gonna do today?!" Enter this thread... Thanks, long thread!

And to believe I genuinely thought this was 8 pages of intelligent discourse on the pros and cons of the potential to lose (or see dramatically changed, at least) Rossignol. Oh, pashaw!

It's always fun to see the JONGs that particularly piss people off. Kinda like looking at myself in the past every year. Spooooky...

Radiohead's "Sit down, stand up" will make me smile the next time I hear it...

Edit: how many times must it be reiterated that Rossi is not at this time likely to disappear? It has been stated on multiple occasions already that Rossi may very well be bought back by its original owner and thus become its own entity again, not a dead one...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    observation, not comment;

S7 = 145-115-123
    186 = 140 - 112 - 120
    do the math
    the real difference between the skis is the length of the tips and tails and effective edge.

question;
    and how long did it take them to "push the envelope" aka catch up to the times?
    (i dont need your reply)
    To try and get things back to the Pechelman v Rossi douchebaggery, consider the old RD heli dogs, iirc dimensions are approx 118 - 90 - 100. So at a glance the brocker looks like this old school powder ski + 2cm or so with a bit of tip rocker.
    This might be nice but is it much of an innovation? Still looks to me like the hudge leap was the spat, and now lotus, ehp etc are filling in the gap between conventional skis and the spat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    That's true. although there are high din offerings from vist, tyrolia (4frnt), it would be a shame to see some solid high din bindings disappear from the game. we already had the p18/fks 185 dropped. and now if rossi went bye bye we'd lose a solid freeski/race binding. hopefully it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    Don't forget the two new models that Marker is coming out with next fall...they doubled their line-up
    i hope ur not talking about the baron and the griffin, because they are 12 din bindings. and calling 12 dins high din bindings is like calling the WNBA real basketball. They make attempt, and it has a lot of similarities. But the high quality performance just isn't there.

I'd cut off a nut to have three years of access to just one of their facilities.
    But I'd really want the Dynastar factory in Sallanches.

Foam skis suck balls...

that is all

The Dynastar factory is amazing and you could not ask for a better place to make skis then walk out the door and test em. What a dream life they have.

Hum I don't know if I want to enter this thread, it's crazy in here but to this question:

I and many other I know would immediately stop buying Rossignol. Buying "local" is important to me. Then again my opinion is worthless compared to the buying habits of the masses...

On the PM gear topic I must admit I am stunned to hear that Pechelman has only 4 years of skiing under his belt. I don't know what he does and PM gear seems to be putting out amazing products but I'd prefer the guy who design my skis to have been skiing/racing his entire life, and being a good engineer as little to do with it. A ski is not a race car, the technical challenges are minimum, I see it more as a surfboard: do you want your shaper to be a good surfer or not? Maybe that's what allows you guys to be less influenced by previous designs and be more creative and that would be your true strength but still that blows me away.