Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gaper ruins board, pay up or leave???

So I am surfing at Swamis this morning, catch a nice wave, paddling back out, guy outside fucks up, gets pushed in on his belly no less, all the while struggling to come in my direction, when I am thinking "just go straight in you dork" and straight out hits the rail of my nice custom board with his beat piece of shit.
    Fin cut goes about 5 inches into my boards rail
    When he pops up, I show him the board and tell him I need a check for $60 to get it fixed. "Sorry bra, I don't have that kind of money. I didn't even see you, sorry dude".
    Was I out of line to tell the guy if I see him surfing there again without my $60 I am going to kick, or make ever attempt to, kick his ass.
    My friends saw the whole think and thought the guy was a dope not to offer to cover the expense.
    Now I have never hit another guys board. WTF is up with some people??
    End rant
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

advres Guest
    If he was any kind of cool person, he would have apologized, said he had no flow right now but would be happy to pay the measly $60 when he had the scratch. then he should have asked you to go to shore with him so you two could exchange contact info.

but, hey, it's not like there are too many of those cool people out there.

Depends on circumstance. In your case, I recommend you beat your $60 out of the kook. That, or you punch a couple of his fins out (assuming they're the glassed on variety).

Some kook blatantly dropped in on me, ate shit on the drop and I had nowhere to go but run his board over. He came up whining about the ding I put on his board. I laughed at his face and ordered him out of the lineup.

Another time There was a midair collision. I was heading left, this grom was heading right and we both flicked out at the same time. The nose of my board went through the bottom of his board. He just asked for use of a ding repair kit and a whole summer of immunity from grommet-bashing, but I had his board professionally fixed anyway.

In a lineup full of fucking kooks, violence should be condoned
    Last edited by Superstar Punani; 06-13-2008 at 02:57 PM.

take $60 out of his car
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    take $60 out of his car
    Well, never saw the guy there before, hopefully won't see him there again as I would have to make good on my threat to beat on him, so I don't know his car, but I am over it now that I have cooled off.
    Damn, that was a nice acid wash tint on that board that just won't look the same now after it is repaired.
    O well, surf is suppose to be good this weekend and I have 3 other boards, so fuck it. Shit happens when kooks are in the water.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I dunno, dude. Seems to me you could have avoided a guy riding basically straight on his belly.

But I'm usually the kook in those situations.

J-

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    Depends on circumstance. In your case, I recommend you beat your $60 out of the kook. That, or you punch a couple of his fins out (assuming they're the glassed on variety).

Some kook blatantly dropped in on me, ate shit on the drop and I had nowhere to go but run his board over. He came up whining about the ding I put on his board. I laughed at his face and ordered him out of the lineup.

Another time There was a midair collision. I was heading left, this grom was heading right and we both flicked out at the same time. The nose of my board went through the bottom of his board. He just asked for use of a ding repair kit and a whole summer of immunity from grommet-bashing, but I had his board professionally fixed anyway.

Listen here you little bitch. When I come down to Ocean Beach your midget ass better get the fuck out of my way KOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoegnar420 View Post
    Listen here you little bitch. When I come down to Ocean Beach your midget ass better get the fuck out of my way KOOK!
    I take it you and Superstar Punani are friends if you want to surf O.B. to hang out with him. I like surfing the cliffs, but O.B. doesn't work for me anymore. I prefer Encinitas or north.

they're talking about OBSF
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tahoegnar420 View Post
    You know where to find me, snook'ums. I heard you cum here a lot too.

O G R E Guest

SO THEN I WAS ALL UP IN HIS FACE,,,,,LIKE THIS!!!!

AND HE'S LIKE: 'I'M GONNA TOSS YOUR MIDGET ASS!!!'

SO I START TURNING RED 'CUZ I'M A MAD LITTLE MIDGET NAMED DONNY!

BUT HE DIDN'T REALIZE HE WAS DEALING WITH A S-U-P-E-R-STAR!

QUICKLY, IT GOT UGLY!!!
    UGLY
    I TELL YA!

EVEN UGLIER!!!! I WENT ALL MIDGET GOAT BOY ON HIM!!!

THE GOAT BOY PLOY REALLY FREAKED HIM OUT, SO I WON!

AFTER MY VICTORY, I WENT BACK TO BEING THE SUPERSTAR of TGR

THE END!
    Last edited by O G R E; 06-20-2008 at 03:32 PM.

OGRE,

That was a fucking funny post brother. Strong work.
    I haven't seen that douche around. Surf has been rockin the last 2 days. About head and half on the sets and I am lovin it.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    OGRE,

That was a fucking funny post brother. Strong work.
    I'M A SUPERSTAR....

stick up for yourself man, that guy owes you $60

Shit happens at Swamis.

WFT is up with some people? I tend to think the so-called brotherhood in surfing ends in the water where most people can only think of themselves. That is especially true for those wavehogging old guys on Swamis that surf on tankers. ;-)
    Last edited by tarkman1; 06-28-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkman1 View Post
    Shit happens at Swamis.

WFT is up with some people? I tend to think the so-called brotherhood in surfing ends in the water where most people can only think of themselves. That is especially true for those wavehogging old guys on Swamis that surf on tankers. ;-)
    Tankers at Swamis? Maybe Cardiff. Most of the LB riders are respectful and the odd stand up guy is ok too. You will get called out quick if your an idiot there.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    stick up for yourself man, that guy owes you $60

:fmicon

Last edited by O G R E; 07-21-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Definitely a situation that needs to resort to $60 worth of violence. One of my favorites is to take his own leash and wrap it around his neck. Good times.

That, or you punch a couple of his fins out (assuming they're the glassed on variety).
    If you hit them just right, you can knock the plugs out of a fin system. Or at least snap the fin off and send him to the beach.

Just saying.

Dude should have offered something up. Another reason why I hate surfing in crowds. kooks and buoys.

I think I see the problem here...

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So I am surfing at Swamis this morning...
    I've never taken a look at the flotilla that is Swamis and thought to myself, "hey, that looks like fun." With a crowd that big you just gotta expect a ding or two. Granted that's a bit more than a ding, but still...

O G R E Guest

Huh. This was an interesting read for me. Liv2ski, it sounds like you handled the situation with plenty of dignity and the guy probably should have given you some cash.

But, I'm always so shocked how hostile surfers are about "their" spots, and how locals will beat people up for getting in the way. If I beat up a tourist every time they got in my way on the ski mountain i would never ski...its just so weird the difference in cultures and how acceptable it is for surfers to be violent to beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG View Post
    Huh. This was an interesting read for me. Liv2ski, it sounds like you handled the situation with plenty of dignity and the guy probably should have given you some cash.

But, I'm always so shocked how hostile surfers are about "their" spots, and how locals will beat people up for getting in the way. If I beat up a tourist every time they got in my way on the ski mountain i would never ski...its just so weird the difference in cultures and how acceptable it is for surfers to be violent to beginners.
    It is a bit different. I am not condoning violence, but having to go around someone on a blue run is less of a nuisance then flying down the line and having some idiot take off right into you because they are not watching what they are doing. The dynamic in skiing and surfing is different.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Its just like watching a snowboarder slide down your favorite tree line heelside on powder day and flatten it. And even though i could easily run the guy down and thrash him with my poles i don't...

Not trying to get into anything here, i just want a better understanding because it sucks from a beginner surfers stand point. I try to be compassionate (not saying i don't yell at people...a lot) to beginners in the activities up here in the mountains, but surfers just aren't.

O G R E Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ZG View Post
    Its just like watching a snowboarder slide down your favorite tree line heelside on powder day and flatten it. And even though i could easily run the guy down and thrash him with my poles i don't....

maybe, just maybe, you should