Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    the bottom two dogs, one on the right, not sure if scruffy or milo.....what breed is it? very similar to mine and we're not exactly sure of ours, we think an irish wolfhound/terrier mix. thanks
    Yeah, Irish Wolfhound and what I suspect is indeed some kind of terrier mix, I can see the colorings on Scruffy match up well with perhaps Airedale... He is surprisingly slender and very fast on his feet. Outruns Charlie easily every time a ball is thrown. Reminds me of how a cheetah runs... Well mannered in the home, very light on his feet.
    We like him. :-)
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Home for a few days....nice...

Today....

This one from the 6th

Been up in ND for a 3 week stint. The place sucks balls.

There is no place like home....no truer words....

Miss my little guy when I am gone.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Went for a hike yesterday.... so therapeutic, much wow.

Hey.....

Even old horse shit is good for something...

Backside of Targhee. So awesome.

Even after all the rain we have received in the last couple of weeks, the streams are still running crystal clear. My little rain gauge measured over four inches of rain in about a ten day period.

This little trip refilled my soul, having lost most of it in ND over the last few weeks. Headed back in a few days, not looking forward to it....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Wonderful as always.
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    Love the new early season snow.
    Life is what happens between the things you plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post

This little trip refilled my soul, having lost most of it in ND over the last few weeks. Headed back in a few days, not looking forward to it....
    fuck north dakota. worked there for 4 months. i will never work there again, and i will do my best to never set foot in that state again.

I grew up on North Dakota, used to be the people were great....with the influx of oil Dad says it's no longer so great. The weather indeed sucks the balls. However, there is some serious beauty if you look for it. I camped on spring in the north section of teddy Roosevelt national park and counted 9 species of orchid blooming near my tent. Wolves and moose in the northeast corner of the state, etc. gotta look hard for it. Did I go back after college? NFW

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Smoke signals....

Looks like a smoker.
    watch out for snakes

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3903/...1f70107a_b.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I grew up on North Dakota, used to be the people were great....with the influx of oil Dad says it's no longer so great. The weather indeed sucks the balls. However, there is some serious beauty if you look for it. I camped on spring in the north section of teddy Roosevelt national park and counted 9 species of orchid blooming near my tent. Wolves and moose in the northeast corner of the state, etc. gotta look hard for it. Did I go back after college? NFW

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    Understood. I agree, there are spots of beauty, here and there, but for me the place lacks the total package. Though it is certainly better than a lot of places, it is still far down on my list. I always ask my self, when in a new place, or somewhere that I haven't been for a long time. "Could I live here?". ND resounds with a hell no. In and around the Black Hills of SD, ...well yes, as a matter of fact I have lived in Rapid City/Black Hills. That I can do, but the further north you go, the less attractive it becomes...as a whole.

I do feel like I need to find and appreciate what ND has to offer, 'cuz if I can't appreciate nature, even such as ND is, well then ....what kind of nature lover am I?

However, snowboarding is what life is about for me, among other things....so, east Idaho is where I will always be, physically ...or mentally........

Decided that the sunflower is my favorite flower though, ironic, isn't it?

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 08-31-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Love the pics - glad to be home I'm sure. Well, at least you get to see lots of sunflowers in ND

Greetings! I am back after another 3 week stint in ND. My disdain for the place has been somewhat tempered by the fact that I have finally figured out the secret to making the big bucks. To anyone who has the desire to try their hand at this, I will confirm that money can be made. 3 weeks of work returned me $7400.00. When you make upwards of $500.00 a day (+- 14 hour shifts) it makes a lot of things tolerable.

3 weeks of some moderate discomfort have yielded a nice paycheck, and now starting a 2 week period of doing whatever the fuck I want. That will involve some days with me and Liam dinking around, some hugs and loves from the wifey, some hiking in my beloved mountains, a BBQ with the whole family with some great food and a beer or two. Damn. It has been a hard year, but all my hard work has paid off. Not since forever, it seems, I now have hardly a worry in the world. It is a very good feeling.

The drive there and back are paid for by the great guys I have the fortune to work for. Great, great guys. Young, outgoing, got their shit together dudes. Twins who are now in the pursuit of becoming dentists. They just happen to own a couple of trucks that they fill with people like me. I love the whole scenario, very little interference from them, if you call a phone call now and again to see how I am fairing, and is there anything I need, interference.

From here to Billings is a pleasant enough stretch of road, especially the return trip. Here is some photographic evidence....

Looking over the Henry's Fork towards Sawtell and Mount Jefferson in Island Park. Sawtell has an FAA long-range radar station on the summit.

Yellowstone. Yes I get to travel through a portion of the park on my way there and back

Lone Peak the day before yesterday...

Lone peak a few days ago...

The Gallatin River

Mission Creek just east of Livingston Mt..

The Absarokas last Friday...

Oh....and part of my time off will involve getting firewood with my boy Trent. He's doing fine.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 10-09-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Not for a while have I had some real quality time for myself.... today found me some of that. Sat down on the computer to browse through photos of recent and not so recent times. Found a couple from 2008. Those were good days. I made this and posted it to their facebook pages.

Tate on the left, Trent to the right.

In the theme of winter, I post this one.
    Tate.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Nice, getting me stoked for another E. Idaho winter.

It has been a hard year, but all my hard work has paid off. Not since forever, it seems, I now have hardly a worry in the world. It is a very good feeling.
    Good news! Glad to learn things are finally going your way.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

The last of the firewood gathered in the hopes of having to endure a long and snowy winter.... Liam helped.

Colors were outstanding.

All I can do now is wait.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Nice, getting me stoked for another E. Idaho winter.
    Yes, hope we get a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by ole2planker View Post
    Good news! Glad to learn things are finally going your way.
    Life isn't perfect, but better than in a while. A big winter would top it off!!

Mac 'n Tate

...and Trenton
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 10-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Good to feel American... thanks for sharing.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Welcome Home, JB ...

as always, Great pics, great prose . . .

Good for You(,) and for your Family --

( Also, loved those wedding photos : ) )

... enjoy your break; Be Safe in that Truck --

Thanks for your stoke. this is a great thread ...

skiJ

The fading of summer into autumn is an incredible sight....

Could see snow on some of the 8-9 thousand ft hills nearby, winter gaining on fall, bit by bit.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I will give it a rest for a while, but I will leave you with one more. An October shot. 2010 or so. Pre-season Targhee.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Big Lost bringing the real world stoke as usual. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Big Lost bringing the real world stoke as usual. Brilliant.
    Thanks, though I am bound by the requirement to provide for family, I still get to get out into the real world.

Many never see it. This from a couple of days ago. Seems a shame not to share...

Also from the day before yesterday...

Yesterday.... Eagle view.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thanks, though I am bound by the requirement to provide for family, I still get to get out into the real world.

Many never see it. This from a couple of days ago. Seems a shame not to share...

moose ?

huh. at what altitude do they turn in to . . .

Thanks for your stoke. Very Cool .

J

Took some photos on the way to Williston, a two and a half day drive...took my time. Took the long way.

I'll post more, bit by bit. The young one wants all my attention today... I have to give it to him....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I don't make this stuff. I just show it to you.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge