Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thanks, LBL ; I enjoyed the read --

Good for Trenton - and All of you
    ( meth is reportedly . . . I am Certain you know. I am Sorry )

Thanks for your contributions Here., and for your care for Liam and his (other) father : )

tj
    Yep, things are getting better! Thanks!
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Inspiring thread as much now as it was in 2008. Keep it coming LBL. Cutie grandkid.
    Hey thanks! Wow ...has it been that long????
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Happy 4/20 everybody!! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!

Did Glory and the bowl today.....pics to follow!!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This thread is the best thing on TGR.

Greetings from British Columbia LBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    This thread is the best thing on TGR.

Greetings from British Columbia LBL.
    Don't know about that, but I try to keep it interesting.... Love this area, always have. A great place for types like me. The wife doesn't care too much for it, winters too long and brutal. Me? I like long and brutal. ;-)

BC probably rocks too!!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

As promised, I have finally got around to posting a few shots from Sunday. Beautiful day, a bit windy and hard snow on the way up, but the bowl proved to be warm and sunny. Ducked under the ridge top just under the summit for lunch. Went from windy and cool to warm and calm in 10 feet. Wow. The contrast was striking. The run down was stellar and Tate and I were high five-ing each other for 10 minutes at the bottom. Oh yeah.

Some shots....

We were worried about parking. We needn't have...

My son Tate. I love all my children, but Tate is one awesome kid. Honest, reliable, good-natured, interesting and fun to be around. Not to mention one hell of an awesome snowboarder..

Thanks to the kind chap who stopped to give us a ride back up. You rock.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

The weather appears to have been too nasty for the eagle eggs to hatch.....or the eggs were never viable in the first place. Not an uncommon event apparently. Long story short, the eagles have abandoned the nest.

Did see them both though as they are still hanging around the area. I could hear them whargarbling off in the distance and I was able locate them in a distant tree.

A Redtail took a perch above the nest and watched the comings and goings over the canyon. No mistaking the call.

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 04-28-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thanks, LBL --

as always, I admire and I appreciate what you contribute Here - Thank you ...

hey -- is it a new dog with Tate ? ( I remember 'Charlie' ... )

Thanks Again ... tj

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Now, I have some good news concerning Trenton. He has recovered from his drug (meth) dependance. It has taken a few months, but he has finally returned to normal. The darkest days of my (and his) life are over, and joy has returned us. It is such a relief, so much so that I have a hard time putting it into words.

Liam did a bit of flying himself...
    The news of your son's recovery brought tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine what you have gone through watching the destruction wrecked by meth. Thank you for sharing the good news (and the photos!).
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thanks, LBL --

as always, I admire and I appreciate what you contribute Here - Thank you ...

hey -- is it a new dog with Tate ? ( I remember 'Charlie' ... )

Thanks Again ... tj
    Thanks! I try. ;-)

The dogs...... I have three and Tate has two.
    Mine are Dexter, Charlie and Roxy. Dexter is a <3lb Toy Yorkie. Was for my wife but he bonded with me. He sleeps on top of me every night....

Charlie a Lab mix of some sort, sweetheart and loves water/snow. She has the unfortunate habit of being a board biter, so she doesn't get to come along on BC trips. I ran over her once and cut her pretty bad....so she has been banned from those kind of outings....

Roxy a gentle American Bulldog. Not well suited to harsh winter conditions so she stays home on winter trips also....

Tate has Scruffy and Milo. Scruff is also a board biter, also got ran over...so he is banned. Milo is the only one who seems to be able to behave and is allowed to accompany us... Good Dog!

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by ole2planker View Post
    The news of your son's recovery brought tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine what you have gone through watching the destruction wrecked by meth. Thank you for sharing the good news (and the photos!).
    Wow, thanks. I am amazed by the fact that there are people out there that can feel for people they don't even know. You are awesome.

Trent's recovery was..well...unexpected. He was so far gone that I had little (no) hope that he would ever escape the hold that this drug had on him. I have said this before, and I will say it again..... everything they said about marijuana was a lie, but everything they say about meth....is true. It is such an insidious combination of chemicals that somehow turn people into who they are not. Unbelievable what it can do to a person. I watched it almost destroy him. And it would have had he not been incarcerated for 4 months. That is what saved him. It was introduced to him by the mother of his child. She is several years older than him and seduced him with sex and drugs..... Now she is pregnant (not Trent's) again, has done meth while so and cannot stop herself. Jail is her (and the baby's) only hope. I cried when I found out the news. This poor child. I can hardly bear the though of what will happen to it....

Never in a million years did I EVER think that I would have to deal with these sorts of things..... Life can be so rewarding, why do people make their life so difficult? I don't understand.

Anyway...I could go on...but I won't. Too damn depressing. I will move on to more uplifting subjects and right now I have to attend to Liam. He is crying for his Grandpa....the little fart is not feeling so good. Bit of a cold and cough, he needs cuddling.... ;-)
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Return to Glory. Windy as shit. Still...it was worth it. Nice to chum around with my boy Tate.

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-04-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Broken link.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

wow, been reading this thread for the last couple days. you sir are one strong individual!

Thanks for the posts, all the best for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    wow, been reading this thread for the last couple days. you sir are one strong individual!

Thanks for the posts, all the best for you and your family.
    Yep, thanks! Amazing what one can endure. There were days that thoughts of ending it all presented itself to me though. Dark damn days indeed. The love from my wife and the love of my children and a baby kept me from acting on them though. They need me. I need them. Simple as that.

Perhaps this thread will outlast me and my children and grandchildren can read and perhaps understand some of my essence, know me better than some old and faded photographs and memories might convey. None of them know that I post here, other than Tate. I am sure he reads this and other threads here on TGR and I will leave it for him to share with the rest of the family after I am gone.

Also, I took a truck driving course recently and gained my Class A CDL....who would have ever thought that I would be a truck driver. Signed on with a company in the oil fields in ND. Two weeks on, two weeks off with the potential to make up to 5 grand in every two week period..... No bullshit, my wife works at the bank here in town and sees the checks from other drivers who work there and bank here..... the only reason I would do it. The thought of having that two weeks off and that kind of pay very attractive. Hiking/camping in the summer and snowboarding the shit out of shit in the winter....yeah, I can be a truck driver...

Anyway....... how bout some more shots from near and far, recent and bygone.....? and if I re-post a shot, don't be shy and and tell me to quit re-posting that shit!!

Chilly cemetery... you can see part of the Lost River Range in the background....

My backyard.....

Overlooking the Snake River near home....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

CDL…thats a great thing $$$$ but your photography is amazing. It seems to me you could make a very profitable career with your pics. That being said I don't know shit about making money in taking pics. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    CDL…thats a great thing $$$$ but your photography is amazing. It seems to me you could make a very profitable career with your pics. That being said I don't know shit about making money in taking pics. Keep it up!
    Hey thanks for the encouragement! Have thought about selling photos, but I have come to the conclusion that it is easier said than done. I am no more special than thousands of other people who take awesome shots, some of which are here on TGR. But.....not everyone is a good photographer, far from it. So I have been thinking of "guiding" those that want to do this as just a hobby and maybe get a bit better at it by immersing oneself totally . Look, I can get lost in a day, hour or even a few minutes of seeking a worthy shot(s). I find that I can be happy when I am out laying in a field in the dirt trying to photograph bugs. I did so today....

Much fun! Such satisfaction.

Or a trip to the mountains....

Critters....

Flowers....

These are nice photos, but each and every trip was magical. That is what is worth value, the ability to enjoy .... who wants to come along?
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Yep, thanks! Amazing what one can endure. There were days that thoughts of ending it all presented itself to me though. Dark damn days indeed. The love from my wife and the love of my children and a baby kept me from acting on them though. They need me. I need them. Simple as that.

Perhaps this thread will outlast me and my children and grandchildren can read and perhaps understand some of my essence, know me better than some old and faded photographs and memories might convey. None of them know that I post here, other than Tate. I am sure he reads this and other threads here on TGR and I will leave it for him to share with the rest of the family after I am gone.

Also, I took a truck driving course recently and gained my Class A CDL....who would have ever thought that I would be a truck driver. Signed on with a company in the oil fields in ND. Two weeks on, two weeks off with the potential to make up to 5 grand in every two week period..... No bullshit, my wife works at the bank here in town and sees the checks from other drivers who work there and bank here..... the only reason I would do it. The thought of having that two weeks off and that kind of pay very attractive. Hiking/camping in the summer and snowboarding the shit out of shit in the winter....yeah, I can be a truck driver...

Chilly cemetery... you can see part of the Lost River Range in the background....

Overlooking the Snake River near home....

You've got a great eye for capturing your surroundings, JB - Thank You for your contributions Here !

( I hope you will make the rest of your Family aware of this thread ... you have created a resource of Great character, Insight, and a Positive outlook here ;
    Please let your descendants be aware of it -- )

Thank You also for your personal update and insight -- Good Luck with truckin' ! !
    ( I am anxious for you being Away from your Family ( including Liam ) - and I know The bills don't pay themselves -- )

Thanks! for your pics And your insight and your philosophy in your thread ... !
    Thanks! for being Here .

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

aaaaaaimg_0497 by Biglost, on Flickr

Debbie 'n Tate (my son)...Had the honor of Officiating the Wedding Ceremony yesterday. I was able to pronounce this couple man and wife, a special privilege, and there is no doubt about that. What a Wonderful Occasion! While watching these two during the day...well I just knew that their future holds many wonderful promises...so , so happy for them!!

Liam took part in the wedding procession too....aaaaaaimg_0285 by Biglost, on Flickr

aaaIMG_0515 by Biglost, on Flickr
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 06-29-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Really really nice…………

Happy 4th of July Bitches!!!!

aaaIMG_0935 by Biglost, on Flickr

aaaaIMG_0960 by Biglost, on Flickr

aIMG_1118 by Biglost, on Flickr

aIMG_1195 by Biglost, on Flickr

aIMG_1176 by Biglost, on Flickr

aIMG_1324 by Biglost, on Flickr

aaIMG_1327 by Biglost, on Flickr

aaaaaIMG_1014 by Biglost, on Flickr
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thanks! I try. ;-)

Mine are Dexter, Charlie and Roxy. Dexter is a <3lb Toy Yorkie. Was for my wife but he bonded with me. He sleeps on top of me every night....

Charlie a Lab mix of some sort, sweetheart and loves water/snow. She has the unfortunate habit of being a board biter, so she doesn't get to come along on BC trips. I ran over her once and cut her pretty bad....so she has been banned from those kind of outings....

Roxy a gentle American Bulldog. Not well suited to harsh winter conditions so she stays home on winter trips also....

Tate has Scruffy and Milo. Scruff is also a board biter, also got ran over...so he is banned. Milo is the only one who seems to be able to behave and is allowed to accompany us... Good Dog!

My dog is a year and a half old and this winter was a ski biter too. I was hoping he'd outgrow it, but is hope lost?

Been awhile since here and the new pics are well relaxing for me. after reading about Trent I went back an looked at some of his younger days earlier in this TR. Sooooooooo happy to hear he is doing well for him, you and your family and especially his son that hopefully will have the love you have shared with your son. Trent has a great father , friend and roll model in you. Thanks for sharing and please keep the photos coming. My daughter loves the animals and hoping the snow photos. She is 20 months. Thanks again and best of luck with the driving job.
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbah View Post
    My dog is a year and a half old and this winter was a ski biter too. I was hoping he'd outgrow it, but is hope lost?
    LBL checking in from ND....

I don't know, dogs can be trained I'm sure, so depends on how important it is to you. I don't have the time (or patience) to deal with this sort of problem with my dogs. They get plenty of attention from me in all other areas...so I don't feel too bad.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Been awhile since here and the new pics are well relaxing for me. after reading about Trent I went back an looked at some of his younger days earlier in this TR. Sooooooooo happy to hear he is doing well for him, you and your family and especially his son that hopefully will have the love you have shared with your son. Trent has a great father , friend and roll model in you. Thanks for sharing and please keep the photos coming. My daughter loves the animals and hoping the snow photos. She is 20 months. Thanks again and best of luck with the driving job.

Thanks man. Always appreciate a good word. Sorry it took so long to respond, been busy being a truck driver here in ND. Brutal work. Not much time to dink around. No offense to all you North Dakotaians, but this place sucks balls... Why anyone would choose to live here is beyond me.

The wife bought me a new camera and as soon as I get home I plan to spend a week in the hills taking photos! Look for them!

In the meantime, take care y'all!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thanks! I try. ;-)

the bottom two dogs, one on the right, not sure if scruffy or milo.....what breed is it? very similar to mine and we're not exactly sure of ours, we think an irish wolfhound/terrier mix. thanks