Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2037
    The story behind the 2x4 is hilarious. I about died laughing. — with Tate Harris today in Osgood, Idaho. Cole's family makes 'em. Made this one for Kevin years ago. The graphic from a paper that they (Kevin and Tate) drew on in high school. Kevin, the tall one, Tate the short one. They were so bored that they could 'kill themselves' and were illustrating ways to do so to pass the time. The mind numbing boring time. Then crumpled it up. Then it looks like someone stepped on it. Kevin flattened it out and had Cole's dad make him this board, with this graphic. The bottom one is Tate getting strangled with Christmas lights.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, LBL.
    thanks again for sharing the kind words & pics!
    Thanks! Same to you, though I'm a bit late!

Been busy with two cars in the shop. Replaced an alternator in one and the Durango is at the auto repair shop getting a fuel pump. The in the tank one. The one I don't want to mess with in the winter kind. It quit us the other night at around midnight a few miles out of town. 0 degrees. I said the F word. Several times. I called my buddy John and he was there in 30 minutes and towed us home. Didn't hesitate for one second to come to our rescue.

Supposed to get damn cold again next week. -1 for a high on Thursday. Bummer. Love the snow. Hate that kind of cold.

I have been working part time in the ticket office @KC, just to help my daughter get though the holiday season. She manages the ticket office there. Good times.

My office at the hill. Some artwork from Liam on the wall for my enjoyment. (Not the heart, but to the left) Nice.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-29-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Yesterday afternoon and evening.

Some of the very best that KC has offered this year, in a year of superlatives. Solid 10 out of 10. My boy Turner showed up to make it 11 out of 10.

Off. The. Chart. (for KC)
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Just some of my ramblings.....

Yesterday. I have opportunity to set my own working hours and called it a day at 1PM. It had been snowing all day. Light fluffy shit. Home by 1:30 and left the house at 2. The drive to the is hill void of any traffic. None. Tuesday afternoon. Slowed for a couple of wild turkeys on the big bend before it heads up the canyon. Kelly Canyon. I love this f'kn place. It is 60 years old this season. Me 61. Seems a good fit. No line. Empty chairs everywhere. Snowing hard. Cold too.

I turned up the tunes and tore it up. Needless to say it got the adrenaline, endorphins or whatever it is that causes one to laugh out loud while hitting speeds of 50mph or more. On a snowboard. "Exactly how old are you anyway?" asks one of the lifties. I tell them, and then laugh some more. Life is good.

Then Turner shows up and it gets even better if that is possible.

It does.....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This Sunday is the day I'll hit Targhee and do a small bit of celebrating, a drink or two to be shared in the parking lot sometime during the early afternoon. Haven't been up there for a while so save me some powder!

Have been hitting KC real regular. Monday/Tue evenings during January to avoid the schools, unless said schools cancel because it is too cold. HA! Losers. 6 below and the hill all mine, and I go, alone ..... runs of just super fast groomers and not a soul in sight. They are turning the lifts for me. Music. Loud. Gorillaz-Melancholy Hill. Oh, fuck yeah.

Then Saturday with Tate, Cole and Kevin. Cold as balls again. Zub Zero. Liam has ski school, so we leave him to the instructors. And then tear the hill up. Again, few people out on such cold ass days. Not us. That is when it can be good. Damn good. And it was.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...n/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...in/dateposted/

4 Year old Liam's lessons went awesome, watched from a distance so not to distract. managed a few incognito shots. Smile on his face tells it all. Even at below zero.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My evenings are filled with this. Ya'll oughta join me sometime....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Awesome as always. Thanks for this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Awesome as always. Thanks for this thread!
    Thanks man!

Got the tunes to keep me company. On this magic chair....

I look quite comfortable.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post

My evenings are filled with this. Ya'll oughta join me sometime....
    very cool
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Thinking about having a small get together up to the Ghee on Sunday, January 15th. 5 years since the big one..... so a bit of a party to celebrate life. BBQ in the lot with some burgers (elk), steak (elk) and my special fried potatoes. Perhaps a drink or two. Perhaps some other stuff. ;-)

I'll post here a day or so before hand to confirm and I'll post a shot of my outfit and location in the parking lot on the day. Start Noonish to 1ish. Y'all stop by now, ya hear? We don't bite.

Just a reminder to Teton Valley area maggs --

TODAY is the day to celebrate with this Man...

LBL, I wish I was there.,

but I will be with you and your crew and your Family in - spirit !

Thank You for your "stoke" and
    Thank You for the inspiration I find in this thread...

I hope you (All) have a great Celebration and
    I hope you have a Perfect day... ! !!

ride On! JB... tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Just a reminder to Teton Valley area maggs --

TODAY is the day to celebrate with this Man...

LBL, I wish I was there.,

but I will be with you and your crew and your Family in - spirit !

Thank You for your "stoke" and
    Thank You for the inspiration I find in this thread...

I hope you (All) have a great Celebration and
    I hope you have a Perfect day... ! !!

ride On! JB... tj
    Hope to get up there early to secure upper lot parking. Got some Elk Chilli and Kebabs of some sort. Case of beer to hand out too. See you up there!

In Pronghorn, right by the entrance. Beer time.

worried about you, LBL --

Quiet for three weeks ( even on flickr )...

all good ?

Thanks... tj

worried about you, LBL --

Quiet for three weeks ( even on flickr )...

all good ?

Thanks... tj

Been very busy with another addition to the Harris clan. Warren Michael Harris. Born January 12, 2017. Trent and Sadee brought us a new grandson. Liam has a little brother now. Warren has some medical issues that have been a little unnerving, MCADD. We have to take him to the Children's Primary Hospital in SLC on Monday for more testing.

That and snowboarding every chance I get.

Been very busy with another addition to the Harris clan. Warren Michael Harris. Born January 12, 2017. Trent and Sadee brought us a new grandson. Liam has a little brother now. Warren has some medical issues that have been a little unnerving, MCADD. We have to take him to the Children's Primary Hospital in SLC on Monday for more testing.

That and snowboarding every chance I get.

Thanks...

( I'm ) Sorry to hear about Warren...
    a Quick(,) superficial review makes MCADD look like a P.i.t.a. And manageable... manageable.

( you did say 'issueS' though . . . uff. )

... Glad to hear you are on your board ! !!

Thanks again ! tj

aiming for March :
    I ' ll let you know - maybe KC... : )
    Last edited by skiJ; 02-03-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Thanks...

( I'm ) Sorry to hear about Warren...
    a Quick(,) superficial review makes MCADD look like a P.i.t.a. And manageable... manageable.

( you did say "issueS though . . . uff. )

... Glad to hear you are on your board ! !!

Thanks again ! tj

aiming for March :
    I ' ll let you know - maybe KC... : )
    MCADD....what they think causes Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Warren has to be fed every two hours. Critical that we do so.

KC? Lift ticket is on me!

Oh, boy . . . That's heavy.

My heart goes out to all of you...

I Saw dietary -- And I saw crucial (blood) glucose management...

Good luck on Monday...
    With love. tj

postscript. I Know (>) Your Family can see this through...

no guarantees - except dig in. hard.

I am Sorry.

Warren Michael Harris. Trent wanted my (deceased) brothers name for Warren's middle name.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Emma...she is coming over tomorrow to keep Grandma company while her Dad and I go snowboarding.

I have spent the last 4 Saturdays up on the hill while Liam has been enrolled in Ski School. It's been cold, but fun.

He is sick today, otherwise he would also be going tomorrow.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-06-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

3 weeks ago up to Targhee.

Did not see or meet any TGR up there that day. No big. Lots of folks walking by joined in on the festivities, curious to see what was going on, to me finding out that most passerby's have at least 3 beers on them at all times. Who knew? I could hardy give a beer away. Did eat all the chili and kebabs though, so success.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHgyLYgf8F/

Me try n' to kerp up with the boys yesterday @KC. That's right, kerp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQHJD0SjbJ0/
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Me and Tate last evening. In the storm. It was good. https://www.instagram.com/p/BQO6otiDQl1/

Best thread on the internet, hard to read with dry eyes, keep it man you are awesome! Been following this one for a long time !

My buddy Dave earlier this season, who is even older than I am. Also Ski Patrol. We have fun.

20170114_110033_001 by Biglost, on Flickr
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1 View Post
    Best thread on the internet, hard to read with dry eyes, keep it man you are awesome! Been following this one for a long time !
    Thanks man. Here, have a sundog. This on the way to Targhee a while back.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge