Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ... seems like Tate (most of all) has been paying attention ...

That declaration goes (back) to Abe -- who reportedly said,

' ... whatever you are...
    be a good one. '

attaBoy, Tate !

and nice work ! on your snowboard ...

We ' re light on Snow in the shadow of Superior, too --
    Nevertheless, the thirteen year old and I had Dad's last skis - Goode carbon95s - out last week ...
    wow : I can 'bookend' 'em with his Europa77s (1976) ...

I could never get him sold on AT.
    ... gave him a pair of (Atomic) Superlights w/ Fritschis,,, nineteen years ago.
    They were Too light and squirrelly: He took one run on 'em. and went back to the (K2) Xplorers.
    ... those worked --

... now : He skis with me.

The dog still loves the snow :
    I believe it is our last winter ...

... ride ON ! JB !! ... tj
    Yep, lost my little yorkie Dexter a couple of days ago. Huge bummer, left a big hole in my heart. Hard to type through the tears.........
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

I ride with these guys, and at 60 years old, or at 60mph...... no easy task.

The mountains here are second to none.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Tore the shit outta KC yesterday. 60 MPH an exaggeration? No. I arrived at 2pm, still got front row parking. We had the place to ourselves. Opened up the throttle.

We also had a visitor...surprised the crap out of us.
    My eldest son, Turner.

...poor photo, but it was damn near dark.

We avoided that run for the rest of the night, to avoid further stress, even though it held one of the last of the pow stashes.. Ski Patrol reported later that it had bedded down in the trees. You would never even see it there.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 01-27-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This is how busy it was last night.

You can even see my white Ford Focus to the left.

When I headed for home, I turned around to see this. Commonly seen, though seldom photographed. I love Kelly Canyon. Love it.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Was damn good day on the hill. I have never gone snowboarding and wished I hadn't.

Horsing around today.
    http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-32447...7385_324477268
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Today was gold. Tate and I had much fun. Kelly Canyon
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Tate and Trent dropping in to the parking lot this afternoon. Time to go.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Incredible day today. Rode till I couldn't.

Trent.

He is my hit man. I say "Hit it', and he does.

Me at the end. Exhausted.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

lookin' Good ! JB! !!

... what a day ! : D

Thanks ! for your Stoke!
    Grrreat stuff ! as always --

tj

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    lookin' Good ! JB! !!

... what a day ! : D

Thanks ! for your Stoke!
    Grrreat stuff ! as always --

tj
    This sort of stuff comes easy here. When you have a season pass you don't feel pressured to "get every pennies worth" out of a day pass. The time spent on the hill more enjoyable, but believe me, we get our money's worth.

Hug me.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I always appreciate the photos and story you post up here when I stop by to visit. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I always appreciate the photos and story you post up here when I stop by to visit. Thanks
    Hey thanks, and I appreciate the kind words. And to everyone that has had a look, and understands the thrill, the beauty, the awesomeness that ties us all together, may your days be filled with endless powder.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 01-31-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Dusty laying down the corduroy this afternoon at KC. I messed that shit up.

Through my lens from the top of KC. Diamond Peak center. Pointy Tyler on the left. Climbed them both back in the day.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Finally got the young one on a pair. Awesome first day.

Ski school has begun.

This photo of his first run shows his concern. Trent had him on a short leash. By the 5th run he was all smiles and flying down the hill.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

While Trent was busy with Liam, I showed Sadee the slopes. She had never been on a board or skis. The first 50 yards was full of falls. I took my board off, held her hand and ran down the hill. Her second run, no hand, but she had a better grasp of the dynamic. She fell once. Figured out the basic steps (falling leaf) pretty quick. Now we wait for a bit of pow on the groomed to learn to carve. She'll be great.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Seeing lots of wildlife on the trips to and from KC. Today the turkeys were out, like every other day. ;-) Kinda cool.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    sweet stuff my man!! You done did good!
    Thanks man, that put a smile on my face.

More of my story, and that is what this thread has become over the years it seems, part of my story is that in my late forties I learned to snowboard. I then rode with my 3 teenage sons and a dozen or so of their friends who became my friends. And are friends to this day. We rode hard. KC was open till 9:30pm. Every day. My boys got good at it, they got real good. I try to keep up. Also I get to see some sick shit every time we go. We love it. I love it.

And now, my board is my dance floor, the slope my stage.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Almost making me miss IF, almost...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Almost making me miss IF, almost...
    Ahhhh......IF...wouldn't want to live there either.

Today at KC. Stellar.

Got my goggle strap on crooked. JONG.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My wife has not been on the hill in 5 years. Got her out a couple of times so far this season. Not all that good of a boarder, but keep in mind, she is from Africa, never saw snow until she was 26, and is now 59. Not bad I say.

Me and Tate. He does that to me every chance he gets.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Really enjoy reading your posts and love seeing you photos of the area. Makes me want to get out and explore more.

Ahhhhh......IF...wouldn't want to live there either.
    Yep, IF...had to run to "town" for groceries yesterday and couldn't wait to get back home!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Really enjoy reading your posts and love seeing you photos of the area. Makes me want to get out and explore more.

Yep, IF...had to run to "town" for groceries yesterday and couldn't wait to get back home!
    Ha! I make a grocery or sportman's run once a month or so. Usually drive by the old house (right next to Tautphaus, it was sweet) and miss town for about 5 minutes. Then I deal with everything else and glad I'm out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post

Ha! I make a grocery or sportman's run once a month or so. Usually drive by the old house (right next to Tautphaus, it was sweet) and miss town for about 5 minutes. Then I deal with everything else and glad I'm out of there.
    Yeah, I sometimes go for weeks at a time without going "to town". I don't go to movies or eat at any restaurants, so my visits are short and sweet. Get in. Get out.

Did take a short trip out towards KC yesterday, saw some awesome shit.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Nice, hopefully I draw a turkey tag this spring. Good see them around.

Nice, hopefully I draw a turkey tag this spring. Good see them around.
    Yeah, I see that they are by special permit on this side of the state. No general season. There certainly are more than I have ever seen, starting from the time they were introduced here, so they seem to be managed quite well on F&G's part. I have never hunted them, but Trent is putting in for said permit.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge