Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Took a drive up the river a few days ago.

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 01-05-2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Sharkey Hot Springs brings back awesome High School party memories. It was just a large round watering trough back in the day (80's). In my Dad's day (50's) it was developed and owned by some hermit type. I imagine the 80's crowd had more fun.
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Cardiac arrest on the afternoon of January 15. Just returned from a little split-boarding in the BC with a good buddy. I walked in the front door, stood in the kitchen and then collapsed. My heart stopped. Breathing stopped. Dead on the floor. Gone in a split second. Wife was home thankfully. Dialed 911. EMT's at the door in 3 minutes. CPR and in between they took the paddles to me - 7 times in total. 4 times on the kitchen floor and 3 in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Woke the next day, after surgery. 5 Stents.

8 days later I am home. Even returned to work, part time, the day after I left hospital. Now? Diet. Exercise also, but I was already quite active. I asked the doctor how long would it be before I can return to snowboarding.... he said "give it a week." Actually waiting for my chest / sternum / ribs to heal. Kinda sore in that area.

Many thanks to all that helped save my sorry ass. My wife, the EMTs, the doctors and nurses. Thanks to all who expressed concern, I didn't know that many people cared. Quite humbling.

The day - My buddy Dave Bramwell

hey, JB !

On the way to the hill this morning(,) I asked A., 'What the date was ? '

She said, January 18 .

... Anyway --
    Remembering January 15th...
    (Very) Glad You are Here ! !

Thank you for what you do ... ! tj

Spam displacement bump.

Carry on...
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Wow, forgot all about the "anniversary". I hardly think about it anymore. 😉 I do meet everyday with enthusiasm, more so than before the heart attack. Life is pretty good these days. My dipshit kids have straightened out their lives and are all doing well, and I have that beautiful little grandson to love and care for. I couldn't ask for more.

I am currently about halfway through a 3 week shift in ND, counting the days till I head for home. One thing about working out here is I get to enjoy the amazing drive through Montana and part if Idaho each time I go home. Love it.

Thanks TJ, and thanks to everyone who stops by to have a look or comment on the thread! I have some photos to post, but it will have to wait till I get home! 😉
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Glad to learn that your sons are doing better.

Thanks for posting your great photos.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by ole2planker View Post
    Glad to learn that your sons are doing better.

Thanks for posting your great photos.
    Thanks and thanks! More photos on the way!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Spent all day stranded on I-94, 9am to 7:30pm. Car trouble. Mile marker 110. +-30 miles west of Miles City. Daughter hitched up the trailer and drove 500 miles to get me. Hauled the Subaru home. Total miles on the trip odometer = 1010.1

Not one cop car went by all day. Welcome to Montana.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thought this tree was just cool as shit. East side Bozeman Pass.

Odd trio...

Some sights along the way...

Yellowstone last night...

Home for a few days...might get some boarding in.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

The boy. He snowboards.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

JessiKa Jensen. Our hometown sweetheart. Killing it.

Photo: Sami Tuoriniemi
    http://onboardmag.com/snowboarding-e...-gallery.html#
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 02-03-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

17 seconds of awesome. This is our mentor, Cole Edgington last Sunday up to Targhee. Filmed by my son Turner. They invited me to go, but I declined, having had previous commitments. :-(

https://flic.kr/p/r43Z2w
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I'm home for a bit. Thought I would post some recent photos.

Today...

Yesterday.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Though me 'n the boys are not quite done snowboarding for the season, the trips are few and far in-between these days. The last trip of the season won't take place until late June, early July, our annual trip to the Meadow Lake cirque...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...7652143365666/

Anyway, in the meantime I am spending my days with the eagles.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

unreal pics ...thanks
    always forward but never straight

Eagle photos are unreal....I take it the one egg didn't hatch and they pushed it out? I can't believe how big the talons are on that chick.

Ahhhh Meadow Lake, a friend took me up there years ago on Memorial Day weekend, camped off the road on the right side just before getting near the campground. Lots of old cool mining relics and cabins to poke around near. My friend showed me one kind of way back "Robbers Roost", still standing and in really good shape. I see from your photos the skiing could be good up there.

Those Eagle pics are F N dope!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Eagle photos are unreal....I take it the one egg didn't hatch and they pushed it out? I can't believe how big the talons are on that chick.

Ahhhh Meadow Lake, a friend took me up there years ago on Memorial Day weekend, camped off the road on the right side just before getting near the campground. Lots of old cool mining relics and cabins to poke around near. My friend showed me one kind of way back "Robbers Roost", still standing and in really good shape. I see from your photos the skiing could be good up there.
    Yes, they pushed the egg out as it was a dud. Not unusual and the reason they sometimes lay up to 3 eggs - to up the odds. And yes, the talons look like they come ready to use from the get go. The growth rate of this young'un is incredible, a pound every 3 to 4 days.

I took this shot a few days ago. Immature Bald Eagle... it takes 5 years to get the pure white head and tail.

Gilmore and Meadow Lake, one of my favorite places. Used to stay in an old cabin we called the "Rat Palace" , it was full of pack rats. Had one fall out of the ceiling and land on me while I was sleeping on the floor. We looked at each other, face to face, eye to eye for about 10 seconds, and then all hell broke loose. Both of us equally freaked out and shit went flying everywhere. I came out of my sleeping bag sideways, zipper be damned. Pack rats are big, much bigger than you would expect. I am sure they are harmless, but that thought didn't enter my head for several minutes. Looking back on the event? Good times fer sure. :-)

Explored many a cabin and mineshaft, though I don't recommend the latter. Nothing quite like coming to the end of the mine shaft, and then on the way out coming to the end of the mine shaft...woah. It can be done, believe me.

Gilmore

Gilmore Peak

From near the top.

From the top.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

That reflection pic.... Holy Shit, gorgeous!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    That reflection pic.... Holy Shit, gorgeous!
    Thanks! Here is one I think that I have posted before.....

Gilmore Peak/Meadow Lake area is one of the more interesting places in Idaho. Love the place.

Another view from the top. Looking south to Bell and Diamond.

Couple of shots from last evening...

Whargarbl...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Started a FB page - Big Lost Photography.... give it a like, or not . Updated daily -ish.

Have a look.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/BigLo...1649621?ref=hl
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Been off work for a month or so during the month of May. Boomtown Williston no longer a boomtown.
    Found new work in the Casper / Douglas area. Hauling crude. Finished a two week stint and headed home yesterday. Saw this on Togwotee Pass on the way back.. Love coming home.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

How did you get that eagle's nest? That's amazing!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    How did you get that eagle's nest? That's amazing!
    Sorry, late response... I have been away from home for a while, hauling crude on the Wyoming desert country north of Casper/Douglas area, I am home for two weeks, so let the party begin.

The nest is located at the base of a cliff. I down climb that scary mf cliff, to end up 100 feet above it. Nice view. Scares the hell out of me every time I do it.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Togwotee Pass, 7/13/15 2am. No tripod. Me just improvising.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge