Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I love this thread so much. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ice cave pics are really trippy.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Wow!

Your pics are amazing! I carry my camera with me all of the time also, but pics don't look like yours. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    I love this thread so much. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ice cave pics are really trippy.
    Thanks! The feeling was a bit Gollum-ish!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessnjh View Post
    Your pics are amazing! I carry my camera with me all of the time also, but pics don't look like yours. Well done!
    And thanks also.....I love messing around with cameras, though still need to get my Sony repaired.....all it takes is money!

Tate said......"hmmmm, so this is how Gollum felt!"
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

outstanding pics.best yet

It's alive...again. I keep thinking this thread will die someday!

I have been doing some artsy-fartsy PS stuff for my web page header....kinda fun really....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

wow. awesome.

Best. thread. ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Concussed View Post
    wow. awesome.
    agree LBL's pix are fantastic, but so's your avatar! Link to full size?
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    agree LBL's pix are fantastic, but so's your avatar! Link to full size?

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-02-2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Got it doing this.....

After a day of doing this.....

And this....
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-02-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Great photos, but a little slow on the uptake. Hahaha Just kidding LBL--had to give you shit on that one.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post

Got a job offer in Johannesburg. Off on another adventure. Met my future wife the first day I was there. The four years I lived in SA were the best years of my life. We both made good money. Lived modestly. And traveled. Got out into the bundu. Met real Africans. Climbed several times in the Drakensberg. Sani Pass. Tugela Falls, the 2nd highest on the planet. We spent weeks on the wild coast. Eastern Transvaal,,,,what a place. Sudwalla Caves. Lisbon Falls and countless others . Threw 100’s of pounds of candy to the native children. Bought their crude works of art, still my most precious mementos of my years there.
    Sounds exactly like my 2.5 yr experince in South Africa (except for the wife part). True highlight of my life thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Great photos, but a little slow on the uptake. Hahaha Just kidding LBL--had to give you shit on that one.
    Oh, I have my days, that's for sure. Been sitting around for a month, about gone "round the bend" as the wife would say. Starting to feel human again, finally. Going up to JH over the weekend, will try the Teewinot lift, no need to bust my gut open.... or worse....

What I really need is a long weekend up in the hills. We need some snow though, not near enough. But I have patience enough...it will come.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post

Thanks for that Little Big Lost, but I was actually referring to Concussed's avatar.

Thanks for that Little Big Lost, but I was actually referring to Concussed's avatar.
    Must be all the drugs I have been consuming, a seemingly endless supply of percocet ....does feel good though. Doc gonna cut me off on Thursday...probably a good thing.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

If it wasn't clear, this is why I was ribbing LBL above ^^^
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

I've been on drugs too, not Percocet, but close enough. I figured that's what you were ribbing him about. So, Concussed?

Doctor said I was good to go, some lifting restrictions for a couple more weeks, but "I see no reason why you can't go snowboarding this weekend".

Sweet! I will try to play hooky tomorrow and head up to the pass, we shall see. Hope the boss doesn't get too bent, already missed 2 weeks last month. He will get over it!

Waiting for real winter. Still haven't seen anything serious down low. Need it. Want it. Gotta have it.

The whole family works at the local hill and most years it doesn't open till mid to late December, so we still have time, though it is hard to not get excited about it. Love it!

Some more shots from last year, for those of us who have yet to make a turn this season!

I keep telling her to lean forward a bit....

What happens when you don't lean forward....

Ryan, what a clown!

Foggy morning on the lift...

Roads like this? Bring it!
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 12-07-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Everytime you add new pics to this thread, my day seems to get a little bit better.

great photos... I'm glad I ran across this thread, it made my night. Just spent the past hour flipping through all the amazing shots.

I even woke up my wife to show her a bunch of the photos.

Pics just keep getting better.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Staggering Stoke

This thread puts a huge lump in my throat.

Simply cannot get enough...thank you very much for sharing all of this.

Two things have become very clear to me:

1) I need to go walk in the woods waaaay more often.

2) I need to take my 2 1/2 yr old son with me.

Hats off to you for establishing such powerful priorities, and remaining true to them.

I will never tire of this stuff.
    Keep it coming!

Enjoy Every Sandwich - Warren Zevon

Wow I just spent about an hour running through this thread while I'm at work.

Goals for next week: TGR/internet less - outside more.

Your pictures alone have inspired me to make my work days more efficient so I can enjoy my surroundings more. Awesome thread......

wow... let's keep this on the 1st page
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

Cold and snowy outside....got me to thinking about hard winters and what was the worst one I could remember....this one came to mind....

February 1989...nasty storm centered over Clark county for a week. 30 below or more with winds up to 50 mph. Anything that was outside - died. Cows, moose, deer, rabbits, coyotes. Everything.

I worked in Hamer at the time and was stranded for several days in my office. Just outside my window was a haystack, two deer took shelter next to it..... they froze to death. Standing up. I kid you not, anyone who drove by, over the next several weeks, thought they were alive and would comment on the "cute deer over by the haystack". When I would tell them they were dead, they were at first incredulous, and I would have to take them for a closeup look. 4 weeks later one of them thawed out enough so that the head "bent" over into an awkward pose. Unreal.

One only had to drive around a bit to see literally dozens of frozen carcasses. Anyone who knows where "Sage Junction" is...picture this.... there was a roadblock in place on I-15 for several days there. You could turn and look south and see the hills around the valley for +30 miles, towards Idaho Falls, but if you turned and looked north, (under the overpass), it was just like looking at your television that has no signal....fuzz. You could barely see 20 feet into the "void". Bizarre. I have never experienced anything like it before, or since. Twilight Zone-ish.

Dug up some photos....

Main Street - Dubois Idaho - a week after the storm....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge