Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What gun for the Zombie Apocalypse?

I am assembling my Zombie Survival Kit for the upcoming Zombie Post-Apocalyptical world.

What gun to get?

I figure all you need is a bullet in the brain so a smaller caliper, reliable hand gun, maybe? Glock OK for this?

Or do I go full out with a shotgun or assault rifle?

I think a .22 with hollow points would be the ticket, but I am not sure.

browning buckmark shooting cci stingers

done
    done
    and
    DONE!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

12 gauge, ak 47, and a desert eagle would be my pick, just watch dawn of the dead, they know what theyre talking about haha

Hugh Conway Guest

advres Guest
    It all depends on where you live. If you live in a very populated area I would go for something like this:

If you live a little more rural, I would go with 450rider's suggestion.

hell, even if you live urban I would pack those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    What were we talking about again?

Something with a pretty good spread at close range. Also unlimited ammo, cause as far as i've seen (28 days, dawn of the dead) those fuckers just keep coming

zombies?
    lots of them?
    there is only one solution

my zombie throwdown arsenal would consist of a sig p229 in 9mm, dual Colt M1911's, Smith & Wesson SW99 in .40 for pistols

then for CQC weapons, you have the LWRC M6A2 PSD and an Iron Ridge Armory custom built Remington 870

then to pick 'em off from far out and if theyre using tanks and heli's and shit, you have an m24 which gets you .308 and .300 win mag, a CheyTac Intervention in .408, and an Accuracy Int'l AS-50 in .50BMG
    forget the world, give us the earth

I like the Glock 18. Full size 9mm and you can fire it underwater just in case you get pulled down by one of those fuckers trolling the river bed. I like hollow points so they spread on impact, more likely to hit brain matter. Of course you might want something a little bigger/heavier if the need arises to bludgeon their head to pulp, pistol-whipping style. Of course if you are a shit shot then you better go with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Great suggestions. I can shoot - but I'm kinda a gun JONG. I like the Glock 18 idea. Hollow points for sure. Do they make a silver bullet for that gun? It would be nice to have one gun for Zombies, vampires AND werwolves...

Best guns posted so far!!

Maybe you can get a silver tipped hollowpoint with garlic in it. That would be the ultimate.

And yes, Milla is tasty. Although I always like her as Lulu Dallas. Based on her resume I'm betting she probably has the best insight as to how to equip yourself for Zombie, etc, killing.

What is it with you guys? It just guns, guns, guns, shoot, shoot, shoot.

Have you ever thought about engaging the zombies in a constructive dialogue so you don't have to resort to killing them? Perhaps you could impose economic sanctions against the zombies and don't even think about shooting them until all diplomatic efforts have been exhausted.

Then, and only then, do I recommend the AR-15 (Double Star is my brand of choice). Doesn't really matter what .223 you load in it, the wound cavity is sure to be extensive.

TeleHoar - do you post on a gun forum (which shall remain nameless so the ld's here don't go over there and fuck it up)? This exact discussion is going on over there right now.

Slow "Night of the Living Dead" zombies - AR-15 with a shitload of 30rd mags.

Fast "28 Days Later" zombies - Saiga 12 ga with a shitload of mags.

I wonder what Zombie Reagan's opinion on this matter is.

I think we need to have more discourse about why the zombies hate us?

Seriously, zombies tend to live in large clusters. If you fight one you have to fight them all, like Southies. I would want a GE XM214 similar to the one used by Jesse Ventura in "Predator." They are meant to be mounted on a helicopter but I figure in a post-apocalyptic world I would have lots of time for weight training and could manage the recoil just fine.

Since zombies have no cerebral cortex, their senses and reflexes are essentially zero. Therefore you wouldn't need a fast weapon but something that could mow down 10-50 zombies at once before a reload was necessary. The GE XM 214 is capable of 10,000 rpm.

Maybe a Desert Eagle for backup. That thing is made by some bad-ass Hebrews!
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 05-09-2008 at 05:12 PM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I think we need to have more discourse about why the zombies hate us?
    They hate our freedom.

The key is going to be having enough ammo. Plenty of spare parts is a smart idea too.

AA12 Shotgun, 3-inch 12-gauge shells and FRAG-12 ammunition.
    .44 Magnum
    Last edited by mountain_man; 05-09-2008 at 05:46 PM.
    I ski therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Have you ever thought about engaging the zombies in a constructive dialogue so you don't have to resort to killing them?
    That's a good idea. Send out some people to talk to the zombies first. You could recruit people at www.bradycampaign.org.

I keep an AR-15 in my zombie kit. You don't need big bullets; just lots of them.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    That's a good idea. Send out some people to talk to the zombies first. You could recruit people at www.bradycampaign.org.

I keep an AR-15 in my zombie kit. You don't need big bullets; just lots of them.
    Yes, the Brady Bunch feels that it's the police and govt's job to keep us safe from zombies.

If it's a full-blown zombie outbreak, chances are you aren't going to be able to clean the gun regularly, so while I like the weight of the AR in terms of having to hoof it on foot, I think the reliability of the AK-47 would be a lot better. Maybe an AK-103 - that's a modernized AK that shoots .223/5.56 NATO, and has composite furniture to lighten it up - basically an AK/AR cross. .223 is a whole lot easier to find in the US than 7.62.

But basically, a .22 would be sufficient and probably the most reliable - it's all about headshots, not penetration power. Plus you could carry a whole shitload of ammo since it's so light, and not to mention how easy .22 is to find...so I'm thinking a Ruger 10/22?

Read World War Z, by the same author as the survival guide. While the guide is pretty tongue-in-cheek, this is a full-blown novel and it's pretty good actually.

Yeah, that's right, I like zombie movies and books. Kind of a guilty indulgence/pleasure.

Pistol grip pump on my lap at all times

yep, just read world war z. quite a good read and i whole hardedly second recommend it. i think what you ultimately need is something with the durability of the AK with the accuracy/speed of a rifle. that or a sword for close combat