Volkl Katana 112mm

Just bought a new pair of 2012 Volkl Katanas. They are 184's with a 112mm waist. Looking for help with bindings, will use these skis for powder days at Big Sky Mt. Advance skier, 200lbs 6'4". Marker??? Specifically brake size??? See a lot of people go with 110mm brake and bend them?? Is that the way to go?? My everyday go to ski is Volkl Gottama with Marker bindings and I love them but they don't float in the really deep stuff. Thx.

Huh?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Huh?
    Yeah seriously dude what does the float of your everyday ski have to do with brake size for Katanas?

I have dukes with 110 brakes on JJs (115 waist) Their a little snug but I didn't bend them and there functional.

I hear 130 brakes float better though so maybe put some super wide brakes on your gotamas and you'll be good to go

I've used Marker 110mm brakes on a 112 waisted ski. Just bent them slightly. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    Yeah seriously dude what does the float of your everyday ski have to do with brake size for Katanas?

I have dukes with 110 brakes on JJs (115 waist) Their a little snug but I didn't bend them and there functional.

I hear 130 brakes float better though so maybe put some super wide brakes on your gotamas and you'll be good to go
    Ummmm, methinks he means the Goats don't float, but he has Markers on them he likes....Or too much meth.

Either way, don't hurt yourself on the binding question. Go with what you like and know. The Jesters and Dukes drive wide skis nicely, so does a classic Sally, or Rossi FKS/Look P_...

Better yet, get a KneeBinding....they float the best. ;-)
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Ummmm, methinks he means the Goats don't float, but he has Markers on them he likes....Or too much meth.
    Yeah yeah, just some friendly first post rib'n.

To the OP: Go to a local ski shop and ask someone who is paid to answer your questions. It's August, so you'll get a good deal, and LOTS of attention.

Thanks all!

Dude, you are in Big Sky:

(1) go to the meadow village
    (2) then walk into either Grizzly Outfitters or Gallitan Alpine Sports
    (3) talk to them, both are good shops with excellent employees.
    (4) buy bindings on sale, both shops have crazy deals right now.
    (5) see you on the mountain in a few months !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

my dukes with 110mm brakes clear my line SFBs with no bending, just barely. YMMV

I have jesters with 15 days on em for $200 or 13 din barons for $275, both on skis that are 112+
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)