Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    I know it will be controversial in some quarters, given their popularity in movies, but I am going to say that the chainsaw is less than optimal. Put me in a room with 10 zombies and a katana and you in a room with 10 zombies and a chain saw and time us. I guarantee that I will go through the zombies in less time and be much less tired for my efforts. In addition, I don't have to worry about fuel or breakdowns not to mention the weight of carrying a chainsaw, weight that could be better used carrying grenades or claymores as mentioned in a previous post.
    But chainsaws are so f@#king cool (Ash in Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness, anybody?)
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

weapons for zombies

Why no one is thinking about grenades grenade launchers or explosives? just a thought!

To quote the Zombie Survival Guide, “keep in mind the basic questions that apply to all firearms: What is its range? What is its accuracy? Is the appropriate ammunition readily available? How easy is it to clean and maintain?”

The Military issue BOLT-/LEVER-ACTION RIFLE A product of the mid-nineteenth century, these weapons are often regarded as obsolete. Why use a hunting rifle when you can own a submachine gun? Such arrogance is simply unfounded, its roots based in techno-chauvinism and the absence of practical experience. A well made, expertly used bolt- or lever-action rifle offers a defense against the living dead that is as good if not better than the latest military hardware. A rifle's single-shot capability forces the user to make each round count, increasing the chance of a hit. This feature also eliminates even the possibility of "rock 'n' rolling," and therefore preserving ammunition whether the user intends to or not.

Semi-auto works too... especially in close quarters but you gotta save ammo

a pretty good spread at close range

...what zombies...?
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
    one and prayed for forgiveness." Emo Phillips

HK 417 .308 with optical sights for distance
    HK USC .45 rifle with red dot holosight & all the goodies for mid range.
    S&W 1911PD .45 w/ scandium frame & lasergrip for up close.

Oh yeah, and extended clips or drum mags where possible.

And a big fuckin Hattori Hanzo samurai sword for up close and no ammo.
    Last edited by DoWork; 12-09-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I think you have to figure out your location and what you're going to do day to day before settling on weapons. Will you be in an urban area or in the country? Do you plan on performing any CQB or room clearing? Or will you be home on the range?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    HK 417 .308 with optical sights for distance
    HK USC .45 rifle with red dot holosight & all the goodies for mid range.
    S&W 1911PD .45 w/ scandium frame & lasergrip for up close.

Oh yeah, and extended clips or drum mags where possible.

And a big fuckin Hattori Hanzo samurai sword for up close and no ammo.
    That is the most solid post ever from Mr D. I love the Hattori Hanzo samurai sword take
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

OK, I have given this some more thought. It's important to think long-term here, not just for yourself, but for civilization. As I see it, we're going to be farmers. Have to for a long-term food supply. as for location, contrary to some other posts I've seen, forget about freezing cold climates. You can't grow beans and corn in the snow. You also have to consider natural disasters, such as hurricanes and tornadoes. So for location I say a smallish island, with a source of freshwater, either off the coast of southern California, or perhaps some remote piece of Hawaii.
    After that comes lots and lots of barbed wire / concertina wire. I can't believe no one has mentioned such a valuable tool. You'll basically need to construct your own concentration camp-like defensive fortification. It sucks, but at least the weather should be nice.
    I actually think a flamethrower (or some sort of incendiary device) might be useful here. Yes, yes, it won't kill them straight away, but let's face it, even zombies eventually turn to charcoal if you let them cook long enough.
    Weapons:
    I honestly think you'll need an arsenal and endless ammo, but that defeats the purpose of this discussion. For close-range skull-popping I'd go with a highly modified Ruger 10/22. Short barrel, red dot site, stubby silencer, extended magazine, CCI Stinger ammo. Pistol grip and folding stock for lighter weight.
    for a close range back-up a 9mm Sig 226. A 12 gauge pump, like a Remington 870 is also good for dropping baddies in CQB. I wonder if a medium weight bird shot would do the trick? I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so some sort of M16 or M4 for medium range is a must. It's also good in case you have to defend your farm from any all-too-desperate humans that don't wanna play by your rules.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Jebus, remind me to avoid leroy jenkins in my zombie protection squad. He sounds worse prepared than the guys who still want to use flamethrowers. I am going to hole up with Jer. He can snipe them on their home ground and when the shit gets heavy I am going to whip out my katana and get medival on their asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    And your zombie plan sucks.

I know these posts are old, but I hadn't seen them till now, and I feel obligated to show you guys just how wrong you are. My zombie defenses consists of the following:

First off, the 22lr's,
    CZ 452, just got this thing, and I haven't figured out what ammo it likes yet, but it'll do consistent head shots at 100 yards with cheap bulk ammo. Once I get a silenced for it it'll be the ultimate zombie extermination machine.
    S/W 617 10 shot, 6" barrel
    Browning Buckmark 4" barrel
    Walther p22 Waiting for a silencer

The 223, for when you're dealing with zombie soldiers, who might be wearing helmets, 22lr won't get through that.
    Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle
    Sig 5563 inch groups at 100 yards

The 308's, for reaching WAY out there. Sound don't matter if you're 600 yards away, because the zombies won't know which way to run anyways. Remember, zombies won't be the only thread, plenty of living folks might want to fuck with you
    FN FAL
    FN SPR The FBI's sniper rifle of choice, garunteed to do 1moa, but more likely to be around .25 MOA. Head shots at 600 yards should be no problem.

Oh, I almost forgot, 2 sig 9mm's, one which will do 2 inch groups at 50 yards, and a S/W 627, thats an 8 shot 357, loads with moon clips, and will do 2 inch groups at 50 yards, and a 12 gauge FN SLP, for when you just need to clear a path.

Somehow, I think I'll be all right, although yy plan isn't just to survive, its to exterminate the fuckers, find some broads, and start repopulating the planet.

Just curious, of all you people throwing up your ideal guns, how many of you have actually shot them? How many of you shoot them more than twice a year? All the guns in the world don't mean shit if you can't use them.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 05-25-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Just curious, of all you people throwing up your ideal guns, how many of you have actually shot them? How many of you shoot them more than twice a year? All the guns in the world don't mean shit if you can't use them.
    I have spent a lot of time shooting my ideal rigs...

Sako RK 95, accurate even without a scope for 300m headshots (been there, done that). Good enough in close querters.
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK_95_TP[/ame]

Sako TRG-42 for shooting the baddies from afar.
    [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sako_TRG[/ame]

And some generic 9mm guns for actual close encounters.

Reasons being that the ammo is readily available around here, the guns are freakin' robust and never jam... And as pointed out, they perform really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

I'll just find this guy, and then stay close and out of harms way, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post

That just reads so gay
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

Yea, hand to hand combat against zombies, that's, uh, intelligent
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Glue guns, I tell ya. Fuckers will never know what hit them.

So I'm reading the pages of this epic and informative thread- and get to the bottom of the page and see this banner ad- likely a first for TGR:

Attachment 61010
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Yea, hand to hand combat against zombies, that's, uh, intelligent
    Obviously you guys have no fucking clue who this guy is.

I seem to have underestimated the humble Ruger 10/22. I never really shot mine at anything over about 100 yards until last weekend - mostly because everybody says .22s are useless beyond that. Granted, my 10/22 is a freakafied sniper version but I feel really confident that I could score continuous head shots out to 250 yards. Plus 200 rounds of ammo weighs about as much as one of the magazines for my .308.

My customised Ruger 10/22
    A Ruger MkII pistol w/ supressor
    A bunch of CCI Greentag ammo
    A katana

^^^^^^
    This is just for zombies. Roving gangs of dirtbags are a whole nother story.

Obviously you guys have no fucking clue who this guy is.
    Well I can't spell his last name, but Fedor whatshisface.

Obviously you've never seen a zombie movie. The point is to stay as far away from them as possible.

My second installment:

My long arm would have to be the Magpul Masada in a .223 with the folding stock. Takes a shitfaced beating and keeps on ticking while hot, dirty, wet and smoking... Kinda like Mila. The adjustable gas system even has a "zombie" setting on it should you be in the heat of battle and start seeing brass ejection distance decrease. It's like the AR but with far simpler system and is easily converted to run other calibers of ammo should you run out. I'd pick up a 50 round drum for good measure.

Sidearm could also be the S&W Performance center .357 8-shot revolver with the 6" barrell loaded with frangible .38 special rounds for backup with a ton of autoloaders on the belt. No better handgun in my mind, and jamming = unpossible.

Oh, and on further reflection, a 40mm pump grenade launcher just because they look like a ton of fun and the gimp factor would be fucking awesome.
    Last edited by DoWork; 05-28-2009 at 12:49 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Sidearm could also be the S&W Performance center .357 8-shot revolver with the 6" barrell loaded with frangible .38 special rounds for backup with a ton of autoloaders on the belt. No better handgun in my mind, and jamming = unpossible.
    Actually, wheel guns can jam.

what is wrong with you people that you didnt think of the own all weapon

LIGHT SABER

[quote=450rider;1845282]
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    rifle: AK47 - a child could use it and works in poor conditions.
    I/QUOTE]

yep..
    Isn't that an ak74u? Just saying

My second installment:

My long arm would have to be the Magpul Masada in a .223 with the folding stock. Takes a shitfaced beating and keeps on ticking while hot, dirty, wet and smoking... Kinda like Mila. The adjustable gas system even has a "zombie" setting on it should you be in the heat of battle and start seeing brass ejection distance decrease. It's like the AR but with far simpler system and is easily converted to run other calibers of ammo should you run out. I'd pick up a 50 round drum for good measure.

Oh, and on further reflection, a 40mm pump grenade launcher just because they look like a ton of fun and the gimp factor would be fucking awesome.
    The magpul masada is currently being marketed by bushmaster as the ACR, and is not out yet, so I'm not sure how you've already formed ideas about it's reliability. In theory, it should be better than the AR platform, but its not even out yet, and has never been tested in combat, so who really knows? Also, there are no caliber conversions announced for it yet.

That s/w 627 is indeed a nice gun, but it loads with moon clips instead of speed loaders.

Since you've clearly not shot either though, they're not going to do you a whole lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Actually, wheel guns can jam.
    Yea, but its pretty unlikely, especially a nice one.

Jamming isn't a problem with nice auto pistols either really, just cheap pieces of shit. As long as you keep any decent auto pistol well lubed, and don't use junk mags, it should be right up there with a revolver.

Unless its a 1911 that is. Some work, but some are the most over priced jammotics out there.

[quote=ego7man;2404796]
    Quote Originally Posted by 450rider View Post

Isn't that an ak74u? Just saying
    No. the U version is the shorter barreled version, it has nothing to do with being an underfolder.

I have way too much time on my hands.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 05-28-2009 at 07:48 PM.

the best anti zombie weapon there is, all you fuckers with guns will be part of the undead swarm

The magpul masada is currently being marketed by bushmaster as the ACR, and is not out yet, so I'm not sure how you've already formed ideas about it's reliability. In theory, it should be better than the AR platform, but its not even out yet, and has never been tested in combat, so who really knows? Also, there are no caliber conversions announced for it yet.

I agree with you about the "theory" part, but properly engineered simplicity=reliability and the caliber conversion system is in place, basically waiting for the conversion kits to be finalized and marketable. In theory it is simpler, more adjustable and more user friendly (especially in heavy use/no cleaning scenarios) but anybody who was in 'Nam could have told you the AR system is finnicky and in need of an update, that and the gas system can light a match after a single friggin' clip. Not so with the Masada. Now quit hatin' on a sweet piece of machinery. I mean fuck, we have people saying "light saber" in here, where's your "bullshit" call as to their reliability??? The masada is sick, you're just jealous you didn't think of it first

That s/w 627 is indeed a nice gun, but it loads with moon clips instead of speed loaders.

My b.

Since you've clearly not shot either though, they're not going to do you a whole lot of good.

Just so you know, I live about 7 minutes from the Smith & Wesson Shooting & Sports Center and as a member, I have shot every single pistol they've made in the past five years from the .22s on up to the longbarrel .500.(excluding only the .460, as their range's backstop can't handle it) The 627 with the tapered 6" barrel is the tightest wheelgun I've ever fired. Awesome piece of machinery. Maybe you should come by and I could show ya' around- you seem like a dude who would enjoy choosing between about 75 pistols in the case

Jamming isn't a problem with nice auto pistols either really, just cheap pieces of shit. As long as you keep any decent auto pistol well lubed, and don't use junk mags, it should be right up there with a revolver.

This is Zombie time, brah. You're scrounging for ammo. You may end up firing wolf rounds, which I wouldn't put through an autoloader when it mattered if you paid me. Even a 945 will jam occasionally with cheap ammo.

I have way too much time on my hands.

Agreed and ditto. Now I'm off to the shop floor, thinking of zombies whilst I work