Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I love this thread, everyone arguing about what is fact and fallacy about zombies as if zombies themselves were actually real. Fast zombies are just as likely as slow zombies because we're only going to see any of them in movies.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Jebus, remind me to avoid leroy jenkins in my zombie protection squad. He sounds worse prepared than the guys who still want to use flamethrowers. I am going to hole up with Jer. He can snipe them on their home ground and when the shit gets heavy I am going to whip out my katana and get medival on their asses.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

One member of the squad needs one of these for close quarters.

I know it will be controversial in some quarters, given their popularity in movies, but I am going to say that the chainsaw is less than optimal. Put me in a room with 10 zombies and a katana and you in a room with 10 zombies and a chain saw and time us. I guarantee that I will go through the zombies in less time and be much less tired for my efforts. In addition, I don't have to worry about fuel or breakdowns not to mention the weight of carrying a chainsaw, weight that could be better used carrying grenades or claymores as mentioned in a previous post.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    when the shit gets heavy I am going to whip out my katana and get medival on their asses.

Sounds like you need to get your own zombie plan.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I love this thread, everyone arguing about what is fact and fallacy about zombies as if zombies themselves were actually real. Fast zombies are just as likely as slow zombies because we're only going to see any of them in movies.
    And your zombie plan sucks.

haha now that i think about it, screw katanas, and get one of these

I know it will be controversial in some quarters, given their popularity in movies, but I am going to say that the chainsaw is less than optimal. Put me in a room with 10 zombies and a katana and you in a room with 10 zombies and a chain saw and time us. I guarantee that I will go through the zombies in less time and be much less tired for my efforts. In addition, I don't have to worry about fuel or breakdowns not to mention the weight of carrying a chainsaw, weight that could be better used carrying grenades or claymores as mentioned in a previous post.
    I never broke a chainsaw or saw it run out of gas...

(and this guys sucks!)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    I was under the impression that the mags were detachable? Maybe not...
    And okay, the reliability statement was complete BS. I was spewing.
    But...
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r/DSC01976.jpg
    I stand corrected. There are drums for the SKS.. very cool! One ?, where can I get one?

The mags are kindof detachable. The factory mags were fixed 10 round mags... the aftermarket offers 30 round AK mags with the duck bill for the SKS, and those are detachable... and as your picture shows they also now sell AK drums with the duck bill for the SKS

My personal favorites are

And my personal favorite (some people may find disturbing).
    50 cal sniper

karpiel the video you posted is NOT a 50 cal sniper, it some guys shooting marmots with something like a 22-250....

as for zombie defence if you want an AKs "reliability" and an ARs "accuracy" in 223 you simply must get a Swiss Arms 55x series rifle (what used to be SIG 55x) 30 and 20 round mags are snap together so as long as you've got enough mags/ammo you can have as much zombie killing firepower as you want

as for the GE minigun, i would prefer the Dillon Precision upgrade of the GE as it has upgraded reliability features...

pistols? i guess if you let them get close enough anything will work....
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    My personal favorites are
    Jesus fucking christ. Especially the last part with the mini grenades. Dear god.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

Jebus, remind me to avoid leroy jenkins in my zombie protection squad. He sounds worse prepared than the guys who still want to use flamethrowers. I am going to hole up with Jer. He can snipe them on their home ground and when the shit gets heavy I am going to whip out my katana and get medival on their asses.
    FKNA. Invaded by Zombies and you get your skis out. Hope they're the 197s.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Me:

Shoulder - SIG 556
    Hip - Wilson CQB 1911
    Back of pants - Glock 32 (compact in 357 SIG, good for hitting zombies hiding behind car doors)

Wife:

Shoulder - H&K MP5
    Hip - Glock 34 (9mm long slide competition pistol; she can double tap at 25 yards in a 5" circle, really makes me second guess cheating...)
    Back of pants - Glock 19 (compact 9mm)

Yes, we would have to carry 4 types of ammo, but if zombies are real so is my anti-mass backpack.

This one, plus all the accessories.

plus the autoshotgun on the back for close encounters.

EDIT: Does anyone else think that the dudes voice sounds like someone who lies to felch young boys?

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=felching)
    Last edited by wicked; 09-25-2008 at 04:39 PM.

I think this would work pretty well. Ive seen it take down fat chicks at the all you can eat buffet.
    Last edited by bmg97; 09-25-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Forget guns, swords don't need reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    Forget guns, swords don't need reloading.
    When it comes right down to it, these are words of wisdom.

...or maybe one of those high-tech gattling guns that that freak from Future Weapons was vaporising cars from a heli with. What was the name of that again? It threw lead at some kind of crazy rate like 60 rounds per second or something.

The thread title says "gun". Not "hand-gun". Why are you guys limiting your choices?

I would take the Oerlikon GAU-8 mounted in an A-10. That will do nicely.
    Im sure there are modern equivalents but Im a sucker for the looks of the A-10.

Long range weapons to me seem dumb. I'd think you would want to control your immediate area of influence and leave the zombies you don't need to worry about alone. Plinking zombies that are not an immediate threat to you or your party would be a waste of ammo and an unwanted signal to other zombies who may be in the area who may be able to sneak up behind you while you have your eye focused through a lens at the undead 1000 yds away.

Large caliber ammo e.g. 12-guage, .50, .454, etc. is impressive to you, but zombies cannot be intimidated. They don't care what you have, they're coming weather you have a rake or a Mini-Gun. They only want one thing to eat brains or kill you. You need to select the tool that will maximize your ability to neutralize your enemy, stay mobile, maximize the surplus supply.

The solution to the rapid fire .45 pain problem is the UPM-45 Submachine gun. It comes in a 9mm .40 and .45. Take your pick.

The UMP-9 I think would be a better alternative to a MP5 since it is lighter, and less complicated. I think a secondary bonus would be a slower ROF. Simply because if you're mashing your way through Zombies you'd probably be pretty excited and lose track of your ammo supplies. You'd really need to put as few rounds into each target as possible say double tap each just to be certain, and with a 900 rpm ROF the MP5 would probably be wasting rounds.

I REALLY dig the AA12, but how long could you store loaded magazines with plastic rounds. Zombies, I would think, would probably be roaming alone or in small packs like scavenging dogs. You may not see any for a few days... Would you want to be second guessing your weapons ability to chamber rounds at a time like that?

I was going to suggest the M-4 or AK-103 for a better solution because of ammo availability, reliability, and accuracy but the H&K 416 Carbine just took that place. Small enough to use when the extermination is personal, powerful enough to shoot through obstacles (walls, windows and doors), and accurate enough to reach out and touch someone if you need, and generic enough to find ammo in your zombie neighbor's closet. The .223 round is cheap enough to stockpile, easy to store, can be stored over long periods in cans or magazines, small enough to store a lot of it.

A secondary weapon should be something that is quick to deploy, and powerful. I'd choose a katana and skip the pistol for one reason. If the zombies are that close you won't have time to reload and the pistol doesn't have enough ammo to make a decent stand. The katana is your guy. But, it has one drawback, it's effectiveness is directly related to your fitness level. I would keep your choice of 9mm handy since it is also a popular weapon and it may be some of the only ammo you can find.

When you're more probably than not alone (excluding immediate family) you'd probably need to be pretty flexible. I think an attic safety zone with plenty of food would be ideal. It gives you a vantage point to view your neighborhood, and you can push ceiling cat over and attack zombies invading your home from a place that they can't get to at your leisure. Who knows, maybe if you just let them pass through they will not come back after the initial search. That way you & fam are safe and you are saving on ammo in case you need it. While keeping a low profile as you don't want to attract the attention of zombies. You will also have access to the roof to signal friendlies, and perhaps if need be have a garden. Also arming your family with the same caliber weapons would increase your ability to stay armed and mobile since you'd all be able to dip into the same weapons stash and not have to carry multiple calibers.

Can you eat zombies? Maybe that could be a food solution... If worst comes to worst.

... I feel shame for having put so much thought into this.

okbye
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 09-27-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

I've been doing a bit of thinking about the life cycle of zombies. I think they are alive like you and I are. There motivation is just changed, and apparently they are infected by some viral or bacterial agent that changes there cognitive abilities.

(Fast) Zombies don't seem to really be thinking much, while they can can still react and manipulate their environment they don't take time to think about how they are related to their environment and are frustrated quickly. If they can't break a door down in a couple seconds they look for another way in. Their life cycle seems to remain the same, but their ability to sustain themselves is reduced so you could almost expect them to starve in a couple of days or say a week. If you're lucky most everyone will get infected at about the same time so you could hope to be nearly clear of infection in a few weeks. After that it will be simple patrol your neighborhood and plink deadites in your free time while you wait for contact by other survivors. After a couple of months you should be good to venture out and check infection status of the rest of the world.

Also, if you were to cook the meat very well, or boil the hell out of it and make broth you should be able to consume the zombie meat being sure to stick with muscle and skipping organs I'd think you'd be good. Handling it before cooking would be a bit tricky, but not impossible... Would that be cannibalism? Or, is that fair since they'd do it to you?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

I <3 this thread.

I can't wait for Zombie Apocalypse it's going to kick ass.

der. im dual firing deagles. gangsta gangsta