Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ZOMBIE REAGAN SUGGESTS BARACK OBAMA-ESQUE PACIFISM. ZOMBIE REAGAN PROMISES PEACEFUL ZOMBIE REGIME CHANGE WHEN ELECTED. ZOMBIE FIND FLAME-THROWER LAUGHABLE AND BORROWED GOOD FRIEND GEORGE H. W. BUSH AA15. ZOMBIE WAS IMPRESSED, WILL BUY MANY FOR ZOMBIE HORDE.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    50 cal sniper rifles?! If you are over a km away from a zombie, how is he a threat? Indeed, shooting at zombies that are that far away is only going to attract a zombie hoard. Lay low and only shoot when you need to.
    Laying low and only shooting when you need to is pretty much what being a sniper is all about. CheyTac m200 (.408cal - better ballistic coefficient than a .50 cal Barrett) + ghillie suit = thousands of dead again zombies. How can you possibly attract a "zombie hoard" when they have absolutely no idea where you are? And they may not be a threat at that range, but we need to fight them in their homeland or we''ll be fighting them here in America!

And all the large caliber pistols are cool and all but if you're shooting hundreds of rounds a day for a week, being eaten alive by zombies will probably start sounding not all that bad.

Oh shit - I missed Zombie Reagan's post! That's one zombie I couldn't bring myself to kill.
    Last edited by Jer; 05-12-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Zombie Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Laying low and only shooting when you need to is pretty much what being a sniper is all about. CheyTac m200 (.408cal - better ballistic coefficient than a .50 cal Barrett) + ghillie suit = thousands of dead again zombies. How can you possibly attract a "zombie hoard" when they have absolutely no idea where you are? And they may not be a threat at that range, but we need to fight them in their homeland or we''ll be fighting them here in America!

And all the large caliber pistols are cool and all but if you're shooting hundreds of rounds a day for a week, being eaten alive by zombies will probably start sounding not all that bad.

Oh shit - I missed Zombie Reagan's post! That's one zombie I couldn't bring myself to kill.

Fine, I can see a place for the large sniper rifle but the original question was what gun is BEST for the apocolypse. This isn't Doom, this is reality and you won't be able to carry a quiver of different guns around for different situations. I still think a sub machine gun or carbine assault rifle is the best bet for this scenario. I wouldn't want my back in the corner, surrounded by zombies and all I have is a large caliber rifle with five shots in the clip.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Fine, I can see a place for the large sniper rifle but the original question was what gun is BEST for the apocolypse. This isn't Doom, this is reality and you won't be able to carry a quiver of different guns around for different situations. I still think a sub machine gun or carbine assault rifle is the best bet for this scenario. I wouldn't want my back in the corner, surrounded by zombies and all I have is a large caliber rifle with five shots in the clip.
    I'd rather just have crates of frag grenades, some Claymores, a Glock, and a deuce-and-a-half. Maybe a rifle.

The nice thing about grenades and Claymores is, how are they going to chase you without legs?
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    454 cassull from Freedom Arms. Old school six shooter that shoots a round a little smaller than a 50 cal.
    Actually the freedom arms 454 casull is a 5 shooter. And the ones that I've fired are magna ported thus doesn't come back real hard like the rugers do.

hand: (2) Glock 18s (like Glock 17s, but can go full auto w/33 rounds/clip)

rifle: AK47 - a child could use it and works in poor conditions.
    In good conditions, might say Heckler & Koch MP5...

(Oh, and nice idea with the grenades)

What sort of armor should you wear?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

They are going for the brains so a helmet is key.

www.poachninja.com

shark suit

I would have to go with sword and armor with maybe a Sig 9mm with one bullet in the chamber as a last result. If I had to pick a gun it would be something that shot the 5.56 so you could loot military stocks. Or maybe a hybrid approach since when facing the undead legions you know the ammo is going to run out.

As far as armor goes I would have to say a hybrid would be best. Chain mail would be best for best for bite protection around the neck/head. Combined with a Japanese samurai armor for mobility. With thick heavy boots knee length to protect against any draggers who have had their legs blown off. If your going to be slicing heads off you can't go wrong with a Japanese katana. They know how to slice heads just make sure you get a forged one not a shitty stamped steel one. If you want to go high tech maybe some kevlar enhanced BDU's WWZ style.

Sublime's approach - i've thought too much about this.

That armour/helmet is going to have a negative effect on your shooting. I think police riot armour would be best.

www.poachninja.com

yea but zombies might fear you in that armor.

That armour/helmet is going to have a negative effect on your shooting. I think police riot armour would be best.
    Fuck that. I'm stealing a big ass bulldozer, armor plating it, and adding some gun ports and a microwave. Rolling fortress.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

I'd go with the ak clones, you can always get more ammo out of old pick-ups and trailer parks. A para-ordanace p-14 with its 14 shot .45 clips would be a good back-up, and since it was mentioned I guess a sword or small chainsaw would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Groovy...

You beat me to it — I was just looking for that clip. It's the perfect solution.

I wasn't argueing with your choice of weapon - I agree a long-range bolt rifle would be pretty useless. Like I said: AR-15 for slow zombie, combat shotgun for the fast ones. Just wanted to clear up the misconceptions about sniper/long-range shooting.

Also, I've got a question about zombies in general: How do they know you're not a zombie? I mean, couldn't you just act like a zombie and they'd leave you alone like in Shaun of the Dead? Or can they sense your body temp or something?? Where's Zombie Reagan when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    Fuck that. I'm stealing a big ass bulldozer, armor plating it, and adding some gun ports and a microwave. Rolling fortress.

Till it runs outta fuel then your fucked.

They are going for the brains so a helmet is key.
    Yeah but, if it's 28 days later zombie (Rage), you have to keep from getting bit period. Shark suit w/helmet
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

I just got that Zombie Survival Guide. Haven't really gotten into it, but so far it's very informative. "Fast" zombies are a fallacy. And you do have to destroy the brain. Chopping/blowing/burning off body parts (even vitals in the torso) has absolutely no effect whatsoever. There's a whole chapter on weapons, but I haven't gotten that far. Studies have been inconclusive as to how zombies can tell the living from the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Problem with the 30 and 50-round clips is that they don't detach from the gun; they're just an extended replacement for the standard 9-round magazine. Only way to reload is via stripper clips, through the top of the receiver. That's not that convenient in the face of zombie hordes. Plus, 7.62x39 (AK ammo) just isn't that plentiful on store shelves in the US, I can find it on the internet no prob but it's hard to get at shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentheskier View Post
    I call BS... I have a yugo sks, and its a great rifle. But to say that it is more reliable than an AK is ludicrous!! The AK is the gold standard of reliability.

The sks has a fixed mag, and while you can get 30 round fixed mags for it I am not aware of any 50 round drums that fit the sks.

So my arsenal would be an AK47 in my hands with lots of mags, a krinkov slung over my back, a Glock 23 on my thigh, and a Glock 27 in my waistband, then of course a single grenade for when all of the above run dry and the zombies are still comming.
    I was under the impression that the mags were detachable? Maybe not...
    And okay, the reliability statement was complete BS. I was spewing.
    But...
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r/DSC01976.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

[QUOTE=54-46;1843625]
    rifle: AK47 - a child could use it and works in poor conditions.
    I/QUOTE]

yep...

i would also consider a flame-thrower, because if you cant get part of the hoard lit up, the rest is bound to do the same after

So the manual says burning won't work, there are no fast zombies and you have to hit the brain. This furthers my case for light, precision firepower. I will go for the P90 or MP5.

www.poachninja.com

You just don't listen do you, lighting a fucking zombie on fire does nothing.

edit StuntCok beat me to it.
    I ski therefore I am.