Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    zombies?
    lots of them?
    there is only one solution

my solution to zombies is:
    iddqd
    then idkfa until the problem is solved
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I realize your question is in jest, but I'm still going to answer.

Your longarm would probably have to double as a long range zombie popper as well as a hunting gun, I would probably go with a bolt gun in something like 223 so you could take deer with it but wouldn't feel bad about wasting your ammo on the undead.

For more zombie work, silenced 22 pistols. I think the ruger pistol based on the 10/22 whatever its called would be perfect with a supresorr. High cap mags and a red dot on top thousands of rounds of lightweight ammo and you'd be set.

Pretty much the most unlikely scenario ever, but for some reason people love talking about it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    If it's a full-blown zombie outbreak, chances are you aren't going to be able to clean the gun regularly, so while I like the weight of the AR in terms of having to hoof it on foot, I think the reliability of the AK-47 would be a lot better. Maybe an AK-103 - that's a modernized AK that shoots .223/5.56 NATO, and has composite furniture to lighten it up - basically an AK/AR cross. .223 is a whole lot easier to find in the US than 7.62.
    solid, practical advice.

add 12gauge, sidearm and machete. keep a chainsaw handy for close encounters?? a BFG would cut it too.

no love for an LMG? I vote para version of the FN M249 Minimi any day. That, a short barelled cruiser shotty and a 45 with a large cap mag...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Last edited by JimLad; 05-11-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    .44 Magnum
    If the zobies travel in any number like in the movies, you're gonna wind up with a messed up hand/wrist firing a .44 mag that much. If I blow through only 24 rounds with mine, my hand aches the next day. From what I've seen, you hit them in the head and they pretty much go limp. Smaller caliber would probably suffice. If I had to choose a handgun, I'd probably go with a Sig 226 9mm with the afore-mentioned shitload of loaded mags and one of those nifty lazer grips.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    though i know they exist, i've never actually thought to youtube a fully automatic shotgun. that thing rips
    forget the world, give us the earth

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    i want one

...and really the only feasible use IS zombie protection.

And blowing through boxes of shells like it's your job.

For long range, you need a rifle with a scope, but a 50 cal is heavy and a little overboard. I would go with a simple Winchester or Stevens 30 .06.

For regular combat, I would keep a yugo made SKS. Shoots the same rounds as an ak, but is more reliable. I recommend the 30 round clip or the 50 round drum. Plus, it has a bayonet that folds out if shit gets heavy.

For when there are those slow, big, stupid zombies that need cut in half I would go with a 12 gauge shot gun with slugs. If you get a slug-specific one, it has rifling on the inside of the barrel to really make that slug go. Either break open single shot, or pistol grip pump.

For close range, I would go with that nine. Or if you need ultimate pistol whip, get a 454 cassull from Freedom Arms. Old school six shooter that shoots a round a little smaller than a 50 cal. Keep it away from your face, it comes back hard.

Doesn't smith and wesson make the 50 cal handgun? That would be a nice median between the nine and the 454.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    ...and really the only feasible use IS zombie protection.

And blowing through boxes of shells like it's your job.

I can think of all kinds of uses for that thing loaded with explosive shells.

http://www.defensereview.com/article741.html
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0
    For regular combat, I would keep a yugo made SKS. Shoots the same rounds as an ak, but is more reliable. I recommend the 30 round clip or the 50 round drum. Plus, it has a bayonet that folds out if shit gets heavy.
    Problem with the 30 and 50-round clips is that they don't detach from the gun; they're just an extended replacement for the standard 9-round magazine. Only way to reload is via stripper clips, through the top of the receiver. That's not that convenient in the face of zombie hordes. Plus, 7.62x39 (AK ammo) just isn't that plentiful on store shelves in the US, I can find it on the internet no prob but it's hard to get at shops.

That AA-12 looks like a lot of fun, but I guess shotgun shells, being plastic, have "bowing-out" issues when loaded in magazines - with the spring pushing the shell, the top-most shell being held in place by the metal clips at the end of the magazine has a lot of pressure being put on it. Being made of soft squishy plastic, the round begins to distort and flex...which, being left in the mag long-term, can lead to chambering problems when you do go to chamber the round.

Sucks, as I'd love to keep a shotgun with mags, like an AA-12 or Saiga, handy.

Americans with there guns. In a zombie uprising you just cannot physically carry enough shells. Sure, a gun is a nice luxury but when the ammo is low and the shit is hitting the fan you are going to need to go hand to hand and here a good katana is going to work best. For the more skilled, one could use the shorter wakazashi with the katana ala Miyamoto Mushash. Back to the gun debate, I am surprised no one is suggesting a good sub machine gun with a high capacity mag like the P90. I would have thought agility and high mag capacity would be the key given that zombies can't retailate at range anyway so the serious situations will be up close. 50 cal sniper rifles?! If you are over a km away from a zombie, how is he a threat? Indeed, shooting at zombies that are that far away is only going to attract a zombie hoard. Lay low and only shoot when you need to.
    Last edited by StuntCok; 05-11-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

This thread needs people to read World War Z. Katanas get mentioned, as do "Lobos".

Really really good freaking book.

I have just sent this question over to our sales traders who are always up for a debate. The best response I got so far was for a flame thrower. No matter how thick the hoard this will fuck them up good at close range. I just don't know how long a flame thrower's fuel lasts.

www.poachninja.com

I think a zombie would still come at you if it was on fire. You have to go for the braaaaaaaaaaaaaains

Zombies are about the only thing where "KILL IT WITH FIRE" tactics fail.

Plus... sometimes you get flaming zombies... (I mean Richard Simmons)

Ok, so here is the question then: What weapon would be best for a robot uprising? What if you wanted a quiver killer that could be used for robots or zombies? What would a taser do to a robot (or a zombie)?
    Last edited by StuntCok; 05-12-2008 at 12:57 AM.

www.poachninja.com

Remmington 870 for your shotgun. Maybe with Sabot.
    HK Mk 23 for you pistol (USP tactical .45 is basically the same thing the special forces use) with under barrel flash light, hollow points.
    Some kind of .30 caliber rifle for longer ranges/animals. M1a? it's basically an m14.
    DUDE! http://www.impactguns.com/store/706397860998.html
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 05-12-2008 at 01:05 AM.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Robots? EMP bombs, ECM, and best of all, your own UCLVs/UCAVs.

Otherwise, one of these:

Aren't UCLV/UCACs robots of a sort? Could you trust it not to turn on you in a human/robot war?

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Ok, so here is the question then: What weapon would be best for a robot uprising? What if you wanted a quiver killer that could be used for robots or zombies? What would a taser do to a robot (or a zombie)?
    John Connor.

p4 with a 40mm grenade. Light, accurate, fast, compact. And when theres too many of them a grenade
    hell, if will smith can fend them off with it, I sure as hell can
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    I call BS... I have a yugo sks, and its a great rifle. But to say that it is more reliable than an AK is ludicrous!! The AK is the gold standard of reliability.

The sks has a fixed mag, and while you can get 30 round fixed mags for it I am not aware of any 50 round drums that fit the sks.

So my arsenal would be an AK47 in my hands with lots of mags, a krinkov slung over my back, a Glock 23 on my thigh, and a Glock 27 in my waistband, then of course a single grenade for when all of the above run dry and the zombies are still comming.

Now that we have decided on our respective weapons, it is time ti determine our chances. http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/zombie

www.poachninja.com