Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    All the way.
    I still call it The Jake.

On the plus side, they are handing out a bunch of pink slips to their crap on air talent between now and June. ESPN thine box needest douching.

If Stephen A isn't on the top of that list, they should try Summer's Eve.

Keep that Sam Ponder though, she has some great college football insights.

92 points I believe. Right on about the BS though
    If you were watching espn today, they had a portion devoted to this family, and that father dude is a creepy mofo to me..He is a pimping fucker.

It just does not seem right, but the kids do seem like they are having fun, but the Dad is looking for MONEY..

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Perfect article for espn. Highlight an insane proposal by fame hungry assholes who I'm already tired of hearing about. It's a self-affirming circle jerk too: tmzspn recently played on a loop the youngest of the three brother's high school game where he put up 50 some points! !!! OMFG!!! What they failed to point out was that the youngest asshole just sat under the opponent's net and waited for his team mates to huck him the ball when the scrawny white kids they were playing turned it over. Congrats kid, you and your coach are assholes.

A billion dollars? LeeeeBron gets a billion dollars. You have one kid who can play good college ball, nothing more. Good luck with that, assclowns. And thank you Stephen A and company for giving these fucks a platform.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...eal-three-sons

If I happen to accidentally turn it on during First Take, I change the channel when Stephen A is talking in the small hopes that there are data collectors somewhere keeping track. I am but an average joe, but I fight where I can.

yeah i've only seen him a few times but he and ex-buddy are clickbait clowns. it's embarrassing to watch.

Yeah, overpaying for some of those contracts/coverage rights made the end come sooner. But, ultimately, they're running out of money because fewer people are watching, especially Millennials.

Maybe now espn will now go back to just reporting sports and eschew the "social justice" agenda, as their core audience doesn't care about that stupid shit. Imagine- no more stories about some NBA multimillionaire who blew all the money and is now back living on a plantation (Of course he's on welfare, why the fuck should he work). No more coming-out-of- the-closet stories (do fags even watch sports?). No more "Courage Award" for some guy because he got breast implants and started wearing a dress in public. No more worshiping football players who take a knee during the national anthem. And finally, maybe, just maybe we'll see an end to televised women's sports, at least the ones they suck at like basketball, baseball, etc. Anyone who finds hand-wringing leftist bitchfests entertaining can join TGR and hang out in Pollyass all day.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

If Stephen A isn't on the top of that list, they should try Summer's Eve.

Keep that Sam Ponder though, she has some great college football insights.
    So much insight...

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Yeah, overpaying for some of those contracts/coverage rights made the end come sooner. But, ultimately, they're running out of money because fewer people are watching, especially Millennials.

Maybe now espn will now go back to just reporting sports and eschew the "social justice" agenda, as their core audience doesn't care about that stupid shit. Imagine- no more stories about some NBA multimillionaire who blew all the money and is now back living on a plantation (Of course he's on welfare, why the fuck should he work). No more coming-out-of- the-closet stories (do fags even watch sports?). No more "Courage Award" for some guy because he got breast implants and started wearing a dress in public. No more worshiping football players who take a knee during the national anthem. And finally, maybe, just maybe we'll see an end to televised women's sports, at least the ones they suck at like basketball, baseball, etc. Anyone who finds hand-wringing leftist bitchfests entertaining can join TGR and hang out in Pollyass all day.
    Wow you turned into one bitter fuck. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Wow you turned into one bitter fuck. Too bad.
    Seriously. Wow.

In related news, Barkley has thrown down the gauntlet. Espn gets all warm and fuzzy inside.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-lavar-ball

I am a UCLA fan, and even I can say that LaVar needs to STFU. Listened to Barkley on Rome yesterday and nailed it. ESPN could use a Barkley type. He says some stupid stuff sometimes, but I will go out of my way to listen to him. He doesn't hold back. One of the best part of that from Rome & article:

"Once I found out he averaged two points a game [in college]. ... Listen, you need to slow your roll," Barkley said of Ball. "He says I didn't win a championship. I said to myself, 'I need to go back and Google this guy, because maybe I missed the Ball era, when he was dominating and winning championships everywhere else.' Listen, I'm too old and fat to play basketball, but I'll challenge Mr. Ball to a one-on-one. How about that?

Oh, and I would also go out of my way to watch her. Good commentary would be a bonus.

^^^
    Nailed it. On all points. (more Sam Ponder would be welcome)

I didn't realize until the end of happy hour and being in front of whatever nonsense the 4 letter network has on in the late afternoon evening, but I guess they gave this assclown LaVar his own spot on their "E60" show all fucking week! For what, for why? I have no fucking clue. From what I saw today it was to glorify an asshole and nothing more.

He did get some cheap shots in on Sir Chuck though, offering to send him some Krispy Kremes to make him feel better. Which I'm not sure was a properly directed dig, as it was Shaq, not Chuck who just bought the flagship Krispy Kreme location (which is a badass 24/7 location w/drive thru btw) in ATL.

It's his 15 minutes, courtesy of his kid. And he doesn't even have much game, just a lot of bluster. Hopefully we are at 14:39 on the clock.

"SC6"... how cute, ESPN is giving itself (and their own shitty shows) nicknames.

Espn has found someone more annoying than Stephen A Smith and they're milking the shit out of him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...amily-business

Sorry kid, but I want you and UCLA to lose so we can stop hearing from your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Maybe now espn will now go back to just reporting sports and eschew the "social justice" agenda, as their core audience doesn't care about that stupid shit. Imagine- no more stories about some NBA multimillionaire who blew all the money and is now back living on a plantation (Of course he's on welfare, why the fuck should he work). No more coming-out-of- the-closet stories (do fags even watch sports?). No more "Courage Award" for some guy because he got breast implants and started wearing a dress in public. No more worshiping football players who take a knee during the national anthem. And finally, maybe, just maybe we'll see an end to televised women's sports, at least the ones they suck at like basketball, baseball, etc...
    Ha ha. Rant much?
    Yeah.
    It's a sporting event.
    Shove that frigging *backstory* up where it belongs.
    (Olympics has to be the worst)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Rant much?
    Only when my pussy's really itchy.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

ESPN lays off 100 people (after 350 last year) and how the hell is Stephen A. not one of them?

ESPN lays off 100 people (after 350 last year) and how the hell is Stephen A. not one of them?
    Apparently they're dumping Jayson Stark. WTF?

And they're keeping Megatard?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Did you really expect them to fire an over rated loudmouth minority ?

Colin Cowherd was the guest on a cbssports local radio show I listen to today and he basically tore up the four letter network on how bad they overpaid for broadcast rights and talent compared to Fox, NBC, CBS. He said That big layoffs liketoday will continue to happen - letting go of really talented writers and reporters because they keep throwing so much money at the bad ones.

most expensive channel on your cable bill too....believe it's maybe in the $12 range when most other channels are pennies on the dollar. word was many dropping espn on their cable as well.

Colin Cowherd was the guest on a cbssports local radio show I listen to today and he basically tore up the four letter network on how bad they overpaid for broadcast rights and talent compared to Fox, NBC, CBS. He said That big layoffs liketoday will continue to happen - letting go of really talented writers and reporters because they keep throwing so much money at the bad ones.
    we call that a death spiral. muhahahaha

they've been dumb and arrogant for a decade, comeuppance was coming - can't remember if their phone fuckup has been posted before by me or not:
    http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/21/epic-...est-idea-ever/

Be interesting to see when this shakes out what happens to sports and sports franchise values.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 04-26-2017 at 07:09 PM.