Wake & Ski same day - I heart the Okanagan

Went out on the water for the first time this year on Saturday morning. Kept it mellow as the water was freezing and the first time always hurts.

Then hit up Silver Star which is only about 35 minutes from the Lake. Not too many places in Canada where you can do this comfortably and with hardly any driving.

First nice warm day of the year for us at 21c so the snow was soft for some hucking, I think I fubared my meniscus though....

Lots of snow in the local mtns still, most in ten years.

Rare Mtn Pug Sighting...

Doesn't she know it's expensive up here?

Knee ender, Backflip/underflip 3.

Maybe when hucking into corn the din will go down from 14? Thank god for the office job, ice is nice.

If you look closely you can see Okanagan Lake in the valley.

Funny shot, she was done after the day. First time I have ever done this and will try and make it a tradition.

Sure was a warm day, wasn't it. The lifts have stopped turning at SS, haven't they?

I hit up Sun Peaks for their last day, and came back home for some okanagan sunshine (and beer and BBQ)

PS. I bet the little pug was done after a day of snow. Her legs are tiny!
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

That water looks cold, I would stick to the golf courses right now. And ouch on the ski landing.

Still looks like great snow coverage on the webcam at SS.

This year you guys get to ski for another couple of weeks with Revy now staying open. As if the people in the Okanagan/Shuswap weren't already lucky enough.

Yeah, pug was done! I skied down to the car with her in my hoody. We hit a BBQ as well, nice to rock the shorts and flipflops.

Silver Star got almost a foot last night and about 50cm's since closing day. Cheap, cheap, cheap...... biz is biz I guess. Don't mind hiking up a building jumps where ever we want though!

A few more for a slow day:

Last edited by el hefe; 04-15-2008 at 05:50 PM.

I took a look at UBC Okanagan. I didnt really like the city. sort of a strip mall set up. But guess what the first thing I thought of, wow, sick skiing, and you got the water right there for kiteboarding (which I have been looking into doing) but ya didnt like the school that much either, might be nice in a couple years, but whatever.

looks like you had a lot of fun.

A person has got to spend some time around Kelowna to fully appreciate it. It's got a lot to offer. That being said, I'm glad I live away from all the fuss of the city.

Great place during all seasons. Especially summer.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

"sort of a strip mall set up." that's a understatement. I only go to ktown when neccessary, or to visit family.

The outlying areas are where it's at. Can't beat the weather and the access to the lakes/mtns here. Big mtn access in a hour drive, resorts 25 minutes from downtown, 3 big warm lakes (one is HUGE) all within city (vernon) limits....... good place to be. Wakeboarding goes from April to Oct and skiing runs from Nov to april.

Where did you end up?