Page 141 of 435 FirstFirst ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

jgb@etree Guest
    Beautiful gun, LeeC. Looking for a nice 70 series Colt as all of my 1911's (with the exception of my Delta Elite, which I don't really consider a 1911) are made outside of CT. I figure as a lifelong CT resident, I should probably have at least 1 Colt 1911. Going for the 70 series due to age, not preference over 80 series. You see, here in CT, a pistol with a threaded barrel is considered an 'assault weapon'. Unfuckingbelievable!

Pre-bans are still considered OK, so I need a Colt built before 1994. Not a very difficult task, I'm just particular and have been holding out for the perfect offering. I was also thinking that my father was going to grab one for me, but now with all of the new laws that is much more difficult. He busted my chops for about an hour last year when he saw me carrying a STI. He went on and on about something having to do with steers and queers in Texas and how I should have a REAL 1911 - a Colt Gov't model.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    You should file the front sight off.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I'm not a fan of 'point shooting.' Always get a sight picture. Learn to get a quick sight picture. You'll only kill the people you want to, and are more likely to kill the person you want to. Just my 2c.
    This thing's mostly for critters, but yeah, I think the idea is to use the sights initially to develop some muscle memory, and then hopefully to be able to focus more on the target than the sights. Not planning to shoot from the hip or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    True point shooters use a single action revolver and learn to fan their shots. Don't guess you ever watched Gunsmoke.

You're just a noob wanna-be.
    Now I wish I'd bought the hammered version.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

^at first I thought it must be the hat, but the 2nd shooter was hatless.
    Jedi mind-trick, or muscle memory; maybe not so much sight picture.

Safe to say I won't be shooting anything like that in my lifetime.

Note the target setup. He doesn't have to hit the balloon, just the steel plate. :-) Pretty big fudge factor.

Bob Munden is/was the fastest of the fast. I'm sure time has caught him now, but he could still probably outdraw 99.9% of the folks out there.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You guys make that for a .44 Ruger Super Blackhawk ? Mine has a super short barrel, 3.75 inch TALO Edition, but it looks like any length will work with your setup.
    Leavenworth Skier had his company make up a custom chest holster just for me. This thing is total badass. Works great with a backpack, and will also work with my fishing waders. I will take some pics and post them up. THANKS WOODY !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

GUNS!!!!!!!!

this is what I'm currently using for mountain biking. I wouldn't mind something more holster-y, but no open carry allowed through town on my way to the trailhead. Works pretty well with a camelback, and has a mesh back. Just keep the zippers aligned for thumb/forefinger openning/one handed draw.

Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man...
    Last edited by bendtheski; 04-17-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    this is what I'm currently using for mountain biking. I wouldn't mind something more holster-y, but no open carry allowed through town on my way to the trailhead. Works pretty well with a camelback, and has a mesh back. Just keep the zippers aligned for thumb/forefinger openning/one handed draw.

Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man...
    We definitely checked out that rig when we were designing ours, but we leaned toward the least amount of soft material possible to minimize water absorption in wet environments (eg. fishing in a river during fall or winter.)

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Note the target setup. He doesn't have to hit the balloon, just the steel plate. :-) Pretty big fudge factor.

Bob Munden is/was the fastest of the fast. I'm sure time has caught him now, but he could still probably outdraw 99.9% of the folks out there.
    You could say time caught up with him December 10, 2012.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Pics or link please? The HPG bag is by no means perfect; I wouldn't mind checking out some alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Pics or link please? The HPG bag is by no means perfect; I wouldn't mind checking out some alternatives.
    http://gunfightersinc.com/?page_id=251

If you want one, PM me, I've got a maggot discount code for our new webstore.

Maybe we can get Harry to post some pics of his...

FYI, Palmetto State Armory has AR-10 stuff on sale Build out an AR-10 for under $700

Receiver: $79 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-receiver.html

Kit: $599 for a 20" http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...category/4459/

jgb@etree Guest
    Good deal for people still living in a free state, but I'll stick with my SR-25.

^Unless you got a smoking deal on it, I will take my GAP AR10 over that. I think they are overpriced. What is on the end of your barrel?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    http://gunfightersinc.com/?page_id=251

If you want one, PM me, I've got a maggot discount code for our new webstore.

I need to pickup that 357 wheel gun or the Taurus Judge I keep wanting, this would be purrrrrfect.
    watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    ^Unless you got a smoking deal on it, I will take my GAP AR10 over that. I think they are overpriced. What is on the end of your barrel?
    Better yet, I got a smoking deal on two One came as pictured above (lots of changes made to it since then) the other wasn't complete, but it was a brand new KAC upper & lower receiver, Obermyer 5R barrel, and KAC railed forend. Just need another bolt & charging handle and #2 will be ready to roll. Unfortunately, there aren't many options for AR-10's in CT anymore as they all have to be 'prebans' and not many companies other than Knights made the 308 receivers pre 1994.

It's been switched out, but that was a Noveske Flaming Pig on the end of the barrel.

Just got a Glock 43 and signed up to take a 6 hour CCW class, which I'll follow up with some additional training classes. Does anyone in the front range of CO have recommendations for classes?

I don't anticipate carrying that much, but want to be able to carry from time to time and have enough training practice to do so safely.

Also thinking about getting a rifle as well. Perhaps a PWS MK1, but not sure I'm ready to commit to the rifle hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    Finally got the gopro on the SIG MCX with a silencer in 300blk subsonic and full auto. So much fun to shoot.
    sounds like a nail gun
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Better yet, I got a smoking deal on two One came as pictured above (lots of changes made to it since then) the other wasn't complete, but it was a brand new KAC upper & lower receiver, Obermyer 5R barrel, and KAC railed forend. Just need another bolt & charging handle and #2 will be ready to roll. Unfortunately, there aren't many options for AR-10's in CT anymore as they all have to be 'prebans' and not many companies other than Knights made the 308 receivers pre 1994.

It's been switched out, but that was a Noveske Flaming Pig on the end of the barrel.
    Nice, but CT sucks ass!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Ruger Super Blackhawk TALO Edition .44 Magnum with 3.5 inch barrel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430677447.750516.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	166789

Chest holster from Gunfighters Inc purchased with maggot discount

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430677517.955172.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	166790

Crummy pic while hiking in griz country

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1430677585.912113.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	166791

The quality and workmanship of this chest holster is excellent. I hike alone in grizzly country several times a week, and this is the perfect gun and holster for that.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

How bad does that thing kick? Guessing the Hgrip helps a lot.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    How bad does that thing kick? Guessing the Hgrip helps a lot.
    Real bad. This is not a gun for playing around at the range. It is a working gun for a real purpose. Close-in against a bear at under 10 feet. After I have deployed pepper spray. And after all other bear-aware methods. If I ever use this, it means I have fucked up. Grizzlies are very cool animals, and I have no desire to kill one.

The Houge grips did not really do anything about the kick, but at least it made the gun controllable. With the stock cowboy grips I put 6 magnum rounds through it and my hand was a bloody mess. Fuck that, installed the Houge grips and no more blood when using magnum loads. For practice I use .44 Special and the gun is a lot of fun. In the woods it is loaded with the real deal.

Edit: the cut hand was from the trigger guard. Note that the Houge grips put some rubber there to cover it.
    Last edited by Harry; 05-03-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    And after all other bear-aware methods. If I ever use this, it means I have fucked up. Grizzlies are very cool animals, and I have no desire to kill one.
    That's a really good attitude to have. I've seen stupid tourists shooting off bear bangers at black bears that were on the other side of the river. No threat at all, but this numbnuts snaps off two bangers into the trees on the other side of the river.

I didn't bother telling him about the bear I came across on the trail.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot