Thread: Color or B&W

Color or B&W

I can't decide. Which one do you like more?

or

i like the color one, but would be interested in a BW with a steeper curve...

Agreed, give the BW some more contrast, make some parts really pop out. I'm looking at the sky here.. Really though, BW is awesome when it's really vibrant (if that makes sense..)

Get some B&W emulator plugins and try it that way. As is I prefer the Color one as well.

Color.....
    Have fun or get hurt bad. "MFT" A.K.A. Dr. Doom

There are but three true sports--bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. "Ernest Hemingway"

the black and white version really tones down the bridge. the color version makes it stand out, rather than blending it in.

I like the color better because it's more contrasty than the BW (sounds obvious but the opposite can often be true)

thats a tough one they are both good looking, both have pros and cons would mostly be person likings

As they are I like the color better too. I think the same shot taken when the sun is on the side of the bridge would produce a better look, and make the B&W more punchy.
    Last edited by 7cs; 03-06-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Man u should have warned me (NSFD*).... man I love that city!

I like the color, cuz of the bridge. the whole pic has lots of color, more contrast in the B&W

*Not safe for Daydreaming

Thanks guys. I think the color seems to be the fav by all, but for some reason I like the B&W a lot more. I know it lacks in contrast, but I think that is why I am drawn to it. I think it gives an "old school" feel without being sepia.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Thanks guys. I think the color seems to be the fav by all, but for some reason I like the B&W a lot more. I know it lacks in contrast, but I think that is why I am drawn to it. I think it gives an "old school" feel without being sepia.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. If U put in some old, 50's style jeeps and military personnel it would be pure nostalgia. The B&W looks like a frame in some Hollywood movie, maybe flashback from 'Presidio'

color still works better 4 me.

nice pic