danke Guest

Thumbs up How to Rip DVD and Convert Video on Mac OS

This tutorial is composed of the following three parts:

1. How to rip DVD on Mac
    2. How to convert video on Mac
    3. Three useful tips

The tool you need:
    Wondershare DVD Ripper Suite for Mac

It is bundled by Wondershare DVD Ripper for Mac and Wondershare Video Converter for Mac.
    It can help you rip DVD and convert video to all sorts of video formats that can be accepted by iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, YouTube (web), Creative Zen, iRiver PMP, Archos, various video mobile phones and many other digital video and audio players.

It provides powerful functions to edit your DVD and video files. It allows you to select DVD subtitle and audio track, choose any DVD chapters/titles to convert, merge more than one DVD chapter/title or video file into a single file, trim DVD/video length, crop video area, set video brightness, contrast, and saturation, and customize video/audio output settings.

To rip DVD and convert video on Mac OS, just follow the steps below.

Step 1: How to Rip DVD on Mac OS

After downloading the zip package of Wondershare DVD Ripper Suite for Mac, extract and install it, and then run Wondershare DVD Ripper for Mac and follow the steps below:

1. Import DVD Movies

Click the Load DVD button, select the folder of your DVD movie, and click OK. If the movie is on your disc drive, you can just select the drive and click OK. Or click the Load IFO button, open the folder of your DVD movie, and you will find two folders in it: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Open the VIDEO_TS folder, select all the IFO files, and then click OK. After the movie is loaded, you can see all the chapters and titles in it, and then you can check the ones you want to convert. If you want to convert the whole movie, you can just keep all the titles or chapters checked.

2. Output Settings

After your DVD movie is loaded, you can start to set output settings:
    1. Select an output format from the Format drop-down list. Just select an format according to the device you want to put
    2. Click the Settings button to set encoding settings including video resolution, frame rate, bit rate and video encoder, audio encoding settings including sample rate, channel, bit rate and audio encoder.
    3. Name each title/chapter in the Output Filename field, and select the subtitle and audio track for the titles/chapters.
    Note: You can check the "Merger into one file" option to join all the selected DVD titles/chapters into one file instead of creating a separated file for each title/chapter.

3. Click the Start button to start the conversion. And all you need to do now is to wait for the conversion to be finished. The remaining time will be shown on conversion window for your reference.

Step 2: How to Convert Video on Mac

And to convert video on Mac OS, just run Wondershare Video Converter for Mac and follow the steps below:

1. Add Video files

Click the Add button, and the program will let you browse your computer hard drive. Select the video files you want to convert and click OK.

2. Output Settings

After adding video files, you can start to set output settings for each file:
    1. Select an output format from the Format drop-down list. Just select an format according to the player which you want to put your videos on.
    2. Click the Settings button to set encoding settings including video resolution, frame rate, bit rate and video encoder, audio encoding settings including sample rate, channel, bit rate and audio encoder.
    3. Click the Browse button to specify an output folder to save the converted files.
    Note 1: If you want to convert all the added files into one format with the same encoding parameters, you can just click the "Apply to All" button.
    Note 2: You can check the "Merger into one file" option to convert all the added video files into a single file.

3. Click the Start button to start the conversion. And all you need to do now is to wait for the conversion to be finished. The remaining time will be shown on conversion window for your reference.

Step 3: Three Useful Tips

Tip 1: Trim Movie

If you just want to convert a clip from your DVD/Video, you can click the Trim icon to capture a clip. In the Trim window, you can trim the length of the current title/chapter by either dragging the Start Time and End Time sliders or setting the time parameters in each corresponding field.

Tip 2: Crop Video

If your DVD movie/video has black sides, you can use this Crop function to remove them. Click the Crop icon to open the Crop window, and set the video crop area by dragging the crop frame or setting the four crop parameters (Top, Bottom, Left and Right).

Tip 3: Movie Effect

If you want to change the original video effect, you can click the Effect icon to set the video brightness, contrast, saturation, and even audio volume. You can also choose to apply a special effect to your DVD movie/video from the available effects including Gray, Emboss and Negative.

danke Guest

Thumbs up How to Copy DVD on Mac

A few days ago, I wanted to make a copy of the DVD movie I have just bought on my Mac machine and I found a tool named Wondershare DVD Copy for Mac. I only intended to backup my movie, but I found it could also remove DVD protections, LOL, which is great because I could make more copies of my movies. So I got lots of the movies I collected copied onto new DVD discs and removed their protection mechanisms. I would say it is a very easy and fast tool. Well worth a try!

Here is the home page of this Mac copy tool: http://www.mac-dvd-ripper.com/mac-dvd-copy.html

It only takes a few easy steps to use it:

Step 1: Select DVD Source

In the "Select Source" field, select "Select source DVD folder". Then browse your computer hard disc and select your DVD movie (either in a folder or from your DVD ROM).

Step 2: Select DVD Copy Method

In the "Select DVD Copy Method" field to select a method to output the selected DVD movie:
    If you want to output your DVD movie to a folder on your hard disc, you can select the "Output DVD Folder" option, and specify a directory to save the copied DVD movie.
    If you want to directly burn your DVD movie to a new DVD disc, you can just select the DVD ROM where you have inserted a blank DVD disc.

Step 3: Program Settings (Optional)

Set Buffer Directory: Select a folder on a hard disc that has relatively big free space to store the temporary files.

Select Language: Select an interface language for the program.

Step 4: Start Copying DVD

Click the Start button to start copying your DVD movie and/or burning it to a new DVD disc.

If you are copying a DVD disc from your DVD ROM to a new DVD disc, you will be asked to insert a blank DVD disc. If so, you can just take the original DVD disc out and insert a blank DVD disc.

S P A M S P A M

I'll see your ingeniously disguised spam and raise you 2 free open source alternatives.

Handbrake

Mac The Ripper

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    I'll see your ingeniously disguised spam and raise you 2 free open source alternatives.

Handbrake

Mac The Ripper
    I've been meaning to download the newest version of MTR, thanks for reminding me!
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."